TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

at frontier city , not darien lake

Interesting, you know more than me?

.... or is this just some random rumor

If you do "know" something, then what do you have to say about Darien Lake's rumored "collection of a few rides"? I mean, does anyone even know the exact models of these rides from the other popular rumor going around that Darien is getting a "few small rides"? This just all seems kinda illegitimate. I mean, if you do know something please share all, just give proof if you do.

at frontier city , not darien lake

Stampede name makes a lot more sense for Frontier City. DL's name should raging Moose on the Loose 2.0

But in reality a chance freestyle or the used Troika would make more sense

I would love to see a Starflyer come to DL. It’s something totally different from their other attractions, and can give a unique view of the area while providing a thrilling ride.

As for 2019, I would love to see a name change to SFDL, two trains on most* coasters, Superman returning to RoS, a Starflyer, better preventative maintenance to improve on the large amounts of downtime on some of the rides, and just overall improvements to cleanliness etc., and, renovations of areas (like the Boardwalk or Rowdy’s Ridge).

Why would they renovate the Boardwalk and Rowdy's Ridge? They are the newest areas and people love those areas. I believe Rowdy's Ridge even won an award. Don't change what doesn't need to be changed.

No, I meant that they should renovate other areas to LOOK LIKE Rowdy’s and Boardwalk.

Not sure the credibility, but someone on Reddit is claiming to know all the SF additions. Said Darien Lake will get a few small rides.

This can’t be right, as the email said “New Ride” not Ride*s*. It was worded as if it will be one ride, so I wouldn’t put much of any trust into this.

Not sure the credibility, but someone on Reddit is claiming to know all the SF additions. Said Darien Lake will get a few small rides.

This can’t be right, as the email said “New Ride” not Ride*s*. It was worded as if it will be one ride, so I wouldn’t put much of any trust into this.

Keep in mind that these are rumors from the internet. I mean, this same guy claimed that there will be Fortnite themed rides. Should we really take someone seriously when they sincerely claim that Six Flags will theme new rides to Fortnite?

I went to the park today and some parts of the park had peeling paint like the old Barracuda Bay entrance house, the Potato Works stand had at least one column with paint peeling, and also Viper's station. I took a look at Tantrum and it looked it was operating only one train like all of Darien Lake's coasters for the last few years. The only ride I've notice today that was running more than one car/train was Shipwreck Falls. On a semi-related note, not only is Sleigh Ride's canopy is off, but the ride's sign as well and the Pirate Ship was closed like it has been all season. My guess is that Sleigh Ride and Pirate aren't going to be there in 2019.

Also I kind it weird that they're still selling Pepsi products in a Six Flags park, but I assuming that Darien Lake would get back with Coke in 2019 like all of the other Six Flags parks. A certain set of defunct water slides was moved to where the old "Batman" roller coaster tracks where and also that area was fenced off possibly to ward off anyone who wants to take a photo of those slides.

I went to the park today and some parts of the park had peeling paint like the old Barracuda Bay entrance house, the Potato Works stand had at least one column with paint peeling, and also Viper's station.

If you're expecting SF to fix that you may be very disappointed. SF's comments on the new parks in the conf call was that they required very little maintenance. So, I would not expect a slew of things to be corrected. Also, SF has a bunch of their parks with rusty coasters and peeling paint that have been that way for sometime..ie..SFOG is horrible with Mindbender, GA Scorcher, the Johnny rocket is ghetto, etc.. At SFOT Mr Freeze is rusted in many spots and had a ton of peeling paint and Shockwave is even worse and is pure ghetto with christmas lights held on by zip ties as a lighting package. I could keep going. Pretty much every SF park has sub par maintenance of coasters, bathrooms and had basic things not kept up properly. The parks aesthetics are just not good in most cases, they are not even close to other chains in that regards such as Cedar Fair, BG/Seaworld, Herschend, etc..

Also I kind it weird that they're still selling Pepsi products in a Six Flags park, but I assuming that Darien Lake would get back with Coke in 2019 like all of the other Six Flags parks.

Not that weird since the operating lease took effect June 1st, after the season had started. SF will surely switch over to Coke, bit if DL's contract was not set to end in 2018, it will surely cost SF to terminate the deal early.

Edited by Sven20

I went to the park today and some parts of the park had peeling paint like the old Barracuda Bay entrance house, the Potato Works stand had at least one column with paint peeling, and also Viper's station. I took a look at Tantrum and it looked it was operating only one train like all of Darien Lake's coasters for the last few years. The only ride I've notice today that was running more than one car/train was Shipwreck Falls. On a semi-related note, not only is Sleigh Ride's canopy is off, but the ride's sign as well and the Pirate Ship was closed like it has been all season. My guess is that Sleigh Ride and Pirate aren't going to be there in 2019.

Also I kind it weird that they're still selling Pepsi products in a Six Flags park, but I assuming that Darien Lake would get back with Coke in 2019 like all of the other Six Flags parks. A certain set of defunct water slides was moved to where the old "Batman" roller coaster tracks where and also that area was fenced off possibly to ward off anyone who wants to take a photo of those slides.

Tantrum is really already running one train? Are you kidding me? This place can’t keep any good things going. I already have had a feeling train #3 was salvaged for parts, as it hasn’t been running since opening weekend for the ride. I can’t believe their brand new coaster already has fallen into the terrible DL operations, especially the fact that it is a Eurofighter, so it doesn’t have good capacity anyways.

As for Sleighride, although the ride looks like sh*t, they just repainted the queue house. I think it might be hanging in there for at least a few more years. Pirate in the other hand is worrying me. It has not opened once all year. I’m thinking Twister still has issues too, as it is still rare to see it open. Anyone know what’s up with Twister now?

Calm the F down until you see it with your own eyes. DarienLaker is about as reliable as the Fortnite guy.

Fair enough, I managed to forget about Darienlaker’s “amazing” reliability for a second there.

On the other hand, I am still quite confident that Tantrum’s Train #3 isn’t operable anymore.

More likely they don't want to put time on it unless necessary which would require annual inspection teardown. Same reason Viper's second train didn't go on despite being ready to do so. And on that matter only the fiberglass body was swapped presumably because the proper one needed repair which isn't a small task.

Six Flags has a grand total of 0 Windseekers in their chain. A Starflyer is much more likely, if that kind of attraction is likely at all.

Six Flags has a grand total of 0 Windseekers in their chain. A Starflyer is much more likely, if that kind of attraction is likely at all.

I don't really understand the desire for a ride which at the end of the day is pretty much just a taller version of Lasso, or whatever other generic Yo-Yo type ride. The added height is cool from a taking in the sights perspective, but I personally would much rather have the money spent on something unique, or forbid fixing issues with the park in the appearance or maintenance departments.

I don't really understand the desire for a ride which at the end of the day is pretty much just a taller version of Lasso, or whatever other generic Yo-Yo type ride. The added height is cool from a taking in the sights perspective, but I personally would much rather have the money spent on something unique, or forbid fixing issues with the park in the appearance or maintenance departments.

But that’s not the Six Flags “Keep building rides while the infrastructure around it deteriates” way!

[attachment=0]wind-seeker-16-1.jpg[/attachment]

I'm thinking Darien Lake could put in a ride like windseeker. They don't require much space, and i'm sure it would draw some crowds, being touted as taller than the ROS.

They are not going to spend $5 million dollars on a ride that Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point already have.