TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I’m just trying to find out how UNBELIEVABLE the return of “Superman: Ride of Steel” is gonna be. That’s all I can think of with how they word it. Refreshed RoS - counting as a new thing - call it a day. Probably (hopefully) not the new thing but still

It says new ride. If it were a refresh I doubt theyd word it that way.

Best bet for the park is they are getting a flat like a Skywarp, Skyscreamer, etc.. Hopefully SF also gets all the coasters up to 2 train ops with the repairs or whatever needs to be done. Throw in possibly the start of some DC theming changes.

In my opinion, a new ride is going to be great for the park, but I am hoping that the money forked over for a new ride won’t neglect the much needed park improvements, especially in Ride operations and maintenance. RoS and Viper desperately need second trains running ASAP and some rides need an overhaul pretty badly.

I think SF won’t be ok with their park looking like crap and having rides not running correctly or not at their intended capacity. It would look really bad on sF’s part if those issues are addressed, before new rides are thrown in.

I have a sense of deja vu.

^ though of course I am an advocate for two train operations, I don’t think I’d say that Viper is desperate by any means. Most times, Viper has less than one train wait at any given time. Sure concerts and busy (by DL standards) weekends may change that but for the majority of the season the ride is walk on all the time. I think so far this season the longest I’ve waited was maybe 3 trains for the front row (I’m a sucker for all that leg room). Sure there’s times where a second train would be nice - but I don’t think it’s do-or-die for that coaster in particular.

Ride of steel certainly does need a second train as it is the star attraction for the park, and it’s wait time is comparitavely lengthy compared to other rides there, and I think I’d also say MotoCoaster could use its second train because that line is always at least down the ramp. I do think it’s helpful and more efficient that they only allow one train worth of people in at a time (I really would love to see that for the other rides in the park too. It’s much less congested and easier to pair up with groups of people)

All in all if they had to prioritize I’d think the order from most to least needed would be:

1. Ride of Steel

2. MotoCoaster

3. Viper

4. Predator

5. Mind Eraser

6. Tantrum (N/A)

7. Boomerang (N/A)

8. Hoot-N-Holler (N/A)

Totally just my opinion

I must have had different experiences from you with Viper this year, as almost every time I’m there this year, even weekdays, it has a full station wait, and we all know how long that takes on Viper, due to its lengthy ride time. MotoCoaster could use it, but the ride time is so short that even a wait down the ramp isn’t too bad of a wait.

My list would go as follows:

1.) Ride of Steel

2.) Viper

3.) MotoCoaster

4.)Predator

5.) Mind Eraser

Apocalypse ? Darien lake already has the worst wooden coaster on the planet and a clone of the worst suspended coaster ever, why would you want the worst B&M ever?

Put floorless trains on it and it wouldn’t be that bad.

I don't know, maybe, It helped rougarou in the first half a lot but only a little post mcbr and even though a B&M at the lake would be awesome, I feel apocalypse would not really translate that well going floorless.

Apocalypse ? Darien lake already has the worst wooden coaster on the planet and a clone of the worst suspended coaster ever, why would you want the worst B&M ever?

They could go for a world record for having the most "Worst Coasters"?

Ehh, Apocalypse isn't that bad. Quite over-hated IMO Ride with a good strategy, set your expectations appropriately, expect some headbanging, and it can actually be fun. It's nothing special, and probably is the worst B&M (at least the worst non-family-coaster B&M, though I haven't ridden those so who knows), but it's somewhat decent, and it's B&M's first coaster (if that interests you).

La Ronde wins. It should be re-branded Six Flags " Le Ty Le Nol", Predator at DL should be re-named Advil Express or something and all Vekoma SLC'S should have a express warning or advisory about headaches and migraines loudly stated at the entrances.

CF has transformed 2 stand up coasters to colorless, why couldn't SF do the same? Personally I think they they are adding a sky screamer along with a bunch of new coaster trains next year.

CF has transformed 2 stand up coasters to colorless, why couldn't SF do the same? Personally I think they they are adding a sky screamer along with a bunch of new coaster trains next year.

I dunno, I find Rougarou and the other one to be quite colorful.

I dunno, I find Rougarou and the other one to be quite colorful.

Stopping by the park yesterday I was surprised to see that the old Galaxy Theatre still has all of the riser seating seemingly left untouched and in working order (the lights within the stairs were on and operational). It looks like they’re clearing out the space - I’d assume it’s for fright fest. What surprised me was how clean it looked in there. Good on Darien Lake for keeping that building’s interior well kept for the past few years!

2301FFAA-3311-4EF2-8338-53F242828D7E.thumb.jpeg.9c3e840518c792aa29624ac67bb7c3b9.jpeg

CBD4C5CD-4AD3-4E4A-A774-6F1833B35EBB.thumb.jpeg.92b00b58ab3448156882c2345721d9ab.jpeg

I highly doubt they will do Holiday in the Park year one. They did not even do a Halloween event last year. Also they have not done Holiday in the Park at Great Escape yet so I don’t think they will pull the trigger on HITP this year yet.

They wont do HITP, the winters in NY are just too brutal especially in the western part of the state.

They won't do it this year, but it's not at all out of the realm of possibity in the future. They did HITP at SFNE last year and are starting it at GAm this year.