TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^^ Yes, you still have to pay for parking, which is now $20 due to the changes Six Flags is putting in.

^ Weird, I only see Frontier City when I go to the site on a phone, but I see Darien Lake on a computer.

It went up again? I know t went up to $15 a few weeks ago.

ff5a7aa994ecae0adf2c5a8052891a26.jpg

According to the website it's $20. REALLY glad I didn't buy that Thrill Pass even with the Six Flags discount... that is really shitty to do. I'm not crazy and it was $8 earlier this season, right? -- Have s Six Flags day!

That’s insane. At the beginning of the season, parking was $8. Then, it went up to $15 once Six Flags took over. Now it’s $20.

The parking price increased by $7 in only a few months. Total ripoff.

^But if you want the park to get to work on repairing the tens of millions of dollars' worth of neglect that has been accumulating over the last two decades in hopefully a relatively quick manner, then so be it I say.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2018/08/11/connor-lynskey-pedestrian-fatal-hit-run-darien-lake-state-park-concert-genesee-county/969585002/

Jennifer L. Serrano, 48, of Irving, Chautauqua County, was charged Sunday with 2nd-degree vehicular manslaughter and leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, both felonies, according to the Genesee County Sheriff's Office.

Connor Lynskey, 18, of Hinckley, Oneida County, was hit by a vehicle on Sumner Road while walking back to the state park with a group of friends from a concert at Darien Lake Amphitheater. A deputy found his body about 11 hours after friends at the state park reported him missing.

The sheriff's office says the vehicle involved in the crash was seized in Amherst early Sunday morning.

ff5a7aa994ecae0adf2c5a8052891a26.jpg

According to the website it's $20. REALLY glad I didn't buy that Thrill Pass even with the Six Flags discount... that is really shitty to do. I'm not crazy and it was $8 earlier this season, right? -- Have s Six Flags day!

That’s insane. At the beginning of the season, parking was $8. Then, it went up to $15 once Six Flags took over. Now it’s $20.

The parking price increased by $7 in only a few months. Total ripoff.

Not that it makes a huge difference but I believe Parking was $10 before it was $15. I know it was $8 last year, but something tells me it wasn’t $8 this year - still an almost double cost increase is crazy. Thank goodness for a season pass with parking benefits! (Here’s to hoping that’s still a thing next year??)

Here in Oklahoma at Frontier City the parking was $9 dollars at the start of the season. Then it jumped too $15 dollars in July. This past Friday it increased to $20 dollars. I emailed Six Flags corporate to find out if their passes for the new parks will be available during the annual sale. I received a response that Six Flag Gold Level Pass and membership will be available during the big Labor Day sale. That later on you can upgrade too the upper tier pass/memberships after the 1st of the year. With that being said raising the price for parking just before the big sale indicates too me will be a price point to help drive those season pass and memberships sales.

Just an update, on days of concerts, if you have tickets you get free parking.

Also, went,on tantrum yesterday before the concert and was pleasantly surprised. It was short as far as ride time, but it was a fun little coaster that I wasnt expecting to really enjoy as much as I did.

So a little background before I take more credit than is due.

Back in 2001 (according to the Wayback Machine) I found a website called SFDL.net. It was a great website ran by Alan Jacyszyn about Darien Lake. Fast forward through what I still think was probably nonsense and the site switched hands (or pseudonyms anyways), and website address change (probably a legit ownership change) and we end up on a website I honestly can't remember the name of. It was some sort of amusement park ride model (real models) website with a forum attached (because that was the 2000s thing to do ).

Unfortunately I can't remember the website, and I wouldn't stand a chance at remembering the user, but someone posted a screenshot of all the land owned by Darien Lake. At the time if I remember correctly it was a absolute mess, with about 4 or 5 (or more) owner names. Most if not all could easily be connected to Darien Lake, but that wouldn't have made the effort much easier.

Anyways. He compiled all the data and provided a satellite view image of all the property (parcels) that Darien Lake owned.

Since CNL took over they seem to have consolidated the ownership info, making this task a lot easier.

Anyways. Long story short I have taken this information and updated it. It is slightly higher resolution, and obviously a lot more up to date (visually, not property wise).

Forgive my splicing attempts. Something odd happened, especially (exclusively?) on the east side. Thankfully with a small amount of common sense we can understand where the real property lines are. It seems to be a slight zoom issue, and at some point I may update with the correct image if I have the patience for such trivial matters.

Anyways. CNL owns 945.87 acres of land. "Darien Lake Fun Country" owns 29.30 acres (I didn't include this on the map, but clearly is part of the property. Something of note is that while all CNL parcels touch each other, not all DLFC parcels touch each other - These seem to be "access" property, and an attempt in the future to buy larger parcels to the north and south).

Anyways. Whoever created this map image in 2005 requried much more research, and I am in no way trying to take due credit from them.

All this information is publicly available from: http://cogeneseeny.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=0600d51c145b44c1b13dfb773063af03

I will be very curious to see the 2018 Six Flags Annual Report to see how close the acreage is.

1146912762_DarienLake-PropertyLines.thumb.png.e3c675ff95f407d11c85d83861ec2dea.png

Darien Lake Property Lines

Its been posted here before too

I was poking around tonight and I found this interesting. The amount of land owned by Darien Lake is astounding (outlined in green). However as you can see much of it doesn't make sense for development probably in our lifetimes.

[attachment=0]darien lake.png[/attachment]

^ there’s nothing wrong with someone pointing something out that hasn’t been mentioned on here in a while. It’s nice to see someone trying to start a conversation in reference to something fairly unique to Darien Lake compared to nearby parks. They have a TON of space. Thank you for updating the image to make it a little easier to see! If I remember correctly the park takes up about 90 acres total out of their insane plot of land

The park owns the old railroad stretch from Allegheny/Rt77 west to Fargo road pretty much. A good chunk of that western property is dedicated to the water treatment plant (the holding ponds visible.) The field further west of that has sprayheads where the resultant processed water is dispersed. I don't know if they still do but they also owned a parcel in Darien proper.

I don't know if they still do but they also owned a parcel in Darien proper.

It's so far "off the beaten path" and so small, I didn't even notice that. The address appears to be XXXX Alleghany Rd

Corfu, NY 14036 (oddly the GIS doesn't give street addresses as far as I can tell). I don't want to provide the Street View, because that seems oddly invasive, but it's empty lot, with a car, a enclosed trailer, a medium sized ?pull? RV, and what appears to be a small private transportation bus. There is also a trampoline for when you want some excitement, but don't want to make the long drive to the theme park .

I'm curious to know why on earth a theme park would want a vacant lot in town, when they have 100s of empty acres.

I don't know if they still do but they also owned a parcel in Darien proper.

It's so far "off the beaten path" and so small, I didn't even notice that. The address appears to be XXXX Alleghany Rd

Corfu, NY 14036 (oddly the GIS doesn't give street addresses as far as I can tell). I don't want to provide the Street View, because that seems oddly invasive, but it's empty lot, with a car, a enclosed trailer, a medium sized ?pull? RV, and what appears to be a small private transportation bus. There is also a trampoline for when you want some excitement, but don't want to make the long drive to the theme park .

I'm curious to know why on earth a theme park would want a vacant lot in town, when they have 100s of empty acres.

The ownership could date back decades to Paul Snyder and they just never split it off. Might not have much value.

The house on the corner of Sumner and 77 interests me more, is that where the park GM lives?

Back in 2001 (according to the Wayback Machine) I found a website called SFDL.net. It was a great website ran by Alan Jacyszyn about Darien Lake.

I wonder whatever happened to that guy? I wonder if he is still into coasters or if he has moved on. I bet he doesn't go to Darien Lake anymore, lol. Last I heard I think he was living in Florida...

Anyway, cool map! Thanks for putting it all together. It's truly fascinating how much land that park sits on.

The ownership could date back decades to Paul Snyder and they just never split it off. Might not have much value.

The house on the corner of Sumner and 77 interests me more, is that where the park GM lives?

It has been used for that in the past but not currently. I think it is used for conferences and special events now. Someone had their wedding on the grounds around that house a couple years ago.

It has been used for that in the past but not currently. I think it is used for conferences and special events now. Someone had their wedding on the grounds around that house a couple years ago.

Its a beautiful house and property

Darien Lake is no longer owned by CNL they sold it too EPR out of Kansas City. EPR is a large entertainment company that owns Top Golf, Plus they are the Main Financial backers for the Schlitterbahn parks, as well as franchising quite a few AMC theaters. Their Collection of Theme parks include Darien Lake, Frontier City, Magic Springs, and Wild Waves theme park. Majority of their parks are leased too Premier Parks. Of course 5 of the parks that were recently sold the lease and management rights to Six Flags.

Chris Thorpe lives in OP. They may have used the house for past GM's, but not now. I always like to see what the park's property map looks like. I am very surprised the majority of the land the own is on the west side of Rte 77.