TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^ Yes! Behind the building that previously housed sea lions, Nik Walenda, and Batman, that's currently used for maintenance. I'm sure if you get off viper and look behind that building you could see them, that is, if they haven't moved them or scrapped them.

The free haunted bus ride they used to at Darien Lake was fairly entertaining. It would be nice to see that come back.

those buses have to be long gone or just beyond repair unfortunately, but i agree would be nice to see come back.

I'm pretty sure some of the busses hang out in the area behind Viper with that random tram.

Does anyone know what that tram was ever used for?

The free haunted bus ride they used to at Darien Lake was fairly entertaining. It would be nice to see that come back.

those buses have to be long gone or just beyond repair unfortunately, but i agree would be nice to see come back.

I'm pretty sure some of the busses hang out in the area behind Viper with that random tram.

Does anyone know what that tram was ever used for?

Maybe it was used for the train that went around Elk Lake? I'm not sure, but I'm just taking a wild guess.

Thinking of going to the park tomorrow for the day. Want to know what the crowds are going to be like. I haven't been to Darien Lake in over 10 years. Where is the best places to eat in the park?

^ During the week it's kinda dead, Tantrum and Ride of Steel will have the longest wait around 15-20 minutes, everything else is gonna be a one ride wait or a walk on.

The best places to eat in my opinion is either the boardwalk, they have everything, or Maria's Italian Kitchen, they have stuff like raviolis, spaghetti parm, etc, and it's SUPER GOOD, like it's a step up from their normal theme park food they have everywhere else, definitely recommend.

So, the first 2019 addition rumor is already leaking out online. Take it with a grain of salt as this is based off of "someone said this at a presentation" claims.

So, someone else (won't say who) on another website made the rather interesting claim that he knows someone who went to a presentation hosted by head Darien Lake / Six Flags corporate people. This claim goes on to say that this other individual that went to the meeting heard plans to add a Skywarp attraction to Darien Lake for 2019.

Again, don't take this too seriously yet, I don't know how valid the claim really is. However I will say that it seems like a decent addition if it happens. Also, if it becomes the next addition, it will technically be the Park's 9th coaster.

download.jpeg.9cbab938726b73625608e09478fd6e4c.jpeg

So, the first 2019 addition rumor is already leaking out online. It may or may not be true as this is based off of what some random person I do not know may or may have not said.

This person may or may not even exist but let's just say if they did they may or may not have attended a secret Six Flags meeting and well... Darien Lake is getting a Skywarp.

Again, don't even read into this bullsh*t, its probably bullsh*t. But it might be a coaster. Maybe not though.

Who knows? All that matters is we'll have 9 coasters. Big league.

paulok.gif.f5d49dcacb3a51e6302ec0a906d887d7.gif

Seems rather redundant with Rolling Thunder unless they plan on replacing it already (although a small possibility given the troubles it's had). Footprint space in the same location would be tough unless they also cleared out the Subway.

Seems rather redundant with Rolling Thunder unless they plan on replacing it already (although a small possibility given the troubles it's had). Footprint space in the same location would be tough unless they also cleared out the Subway.

Or Sleighride...

Seems redundant, but remember, the only Skywarp right now is it SF Discovery Kingdom. That park also has a Super Loop as well. Therefore, it is very possible to see this addition, based on that another SF park has both a Super Loop and Skywarp.

Or Sleighride...

Sleighride’s removal wouldn’t surprise me honestly. That thing looks worse that ever, it is rusting, paint is fading off, many decorative elements on the front facade are now gone, and I was informed that most of the lights randomly stopped working this year. It is old, and terrible shape. It’s removal actually seems like a good possibility.

So, the first 2019 addition rumor is already leaking out online. Take it with a grain of salt as this is based off of "someone said this at a presentation" claims.

So, someone else (won't say who) on another website made the rather interesting claim that he knows someone who went to a presentation hosted by head Darien Lake / Six Flags corporate people. This claim goes on to say that this other individual that went to the meeting heard plans to add a Skywarp attraction to Darien Lake for 2019.

Again, don't take this too seriously yet, I don't know how valid the claim really is. However I will say that it seems like a decent addition if it happens. Also, if it becomes the next addition, it will technically be the Park's 9th coaster.

Seems odd they're putting in new additions as soon as they just acquired the park, as it'd make sense to wait a year, see how things work, spruce up the park, THEN add rides. But if that's what they're gonna do I'm not complaining.

Seems odd they're putting in new additions as soon as they just acquired the park, as it'd make sense to wait a year, see how things work, spruce up the park, THEN add rides. But if that's what they're gonna do I'm not complaining.

Possible if they plan on rebranding the park to Six Flags in the first year.

Adding something new every year to each park has been SF's MO the last few years, so it wouldn't suprise me to see them add a ride to DL next year. But you are correct that the park does need some upkeep and two train ops on the major coasters. As much as people like to bag on SF, almost all of their major coasters run two trains.

^ Which is the need, concert days are awful, since they only have one train (excluding Tantrum but that has a low capacity too), I can wait on a new ride for 2020, what I'd like is a second train on AT LEAST Ride Of Steel and Viper.

I just hope whatever they decide to do they don't waste money on a stupid parade or "festival" thing like the Mardi Gras ones they have done. It feels like a cop-out when they do that when they don't want to add a ride. The money would be better spent on sprucing up the park and getting new trains for the coasters even if it isn't a sexy addition for the GP.