TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Are the new Vekoma coasters not total garbage like the old ones? I haven’t heard much about them.

I have not personally been on these, but several of their recent coasters like Lech Coaster at Legendia and Formula at Energylandia have been getting really positive commentary recently. I don’t mean positive as compared to an SLC or an old boomerang either, positive compared to modern rides from other manufacturers in general. Here’s a nice excerpt on Lech from someone that has ridden it:

I come not only with a report, but a POV as well:

Is Lech Coaster smooth? Definitely. It has a slight rattle/vibrations, akin to some Intamin or B&M rides, but nothing really disruptive (for instance I got more annoying vibrations on Helix or Alpina Blitz than on Lech).

Then the layout itself is really, really smooth and flows so well. Not a single jerk. The pacing is also great and doesn't fade away toward the end as we could imagine from videos. No, even the pop to the brakes, or the tiny S-turn before that gives amazing EJECTOR.

And by ejector, I mean it. All the airtime in Lech Coaster is ejector. From the drop to the end. Only the sideway hill is more of a floater, but it's still frank. The inversion through the station is amazing and throws you out of the seat as well.

In hindsight, I have nothing negative to say about Lech.

Cannot wait to go to Darien Lake tomorrow! Wonder how the crowds are/were today.

Just got in. As I said before, the campgrounds are quiet. Twister, Pirate, Giant Wheel, Sleighride, Heave Ho closed just from what I can see so far. Probably a staffing issue except for Pirate, which maintenance was working on.

Cedar Fair should buy Darien Lake tbh

Im interested in hearing your reasoning.

You already know the reasoning.

- I live near Darien Lake

- I don't like Darien Lake

- I do like Cedar Point

- I have to have everything catered to me instead of just choosing to go to a place that offers a product I like better

- Ergo, Cedar Fair should buy Darien Lake

Im interested in hearing your reasoning.

You already know the reasoning.

- I live near Darien Lake

- I don't like Darien Lake

- I do like Cedar Point

- I have to have everything catered to me instead of just choosing to go to a place that offers a product I like better

- Ergo, Cedar Fair should buy Darien Lake

But if they were to buy Darien Lake, I'd be afraid it'd be a park they'd neglect.

Predator and Boomerang are closed too

EDIT: Maintenance working on the top of Predators first drop.

Of note, but probably meaninglesss, theres utility flags all along Predator's fence line.

20180505_141306.thumb.jpg.60efc6aa87c7d439aa1f427850d0878a.jpg

Is it maintenance for just today, or like they still need to fix Predator and it'll be closed Sunday too?

Also Boomerang is always closed, not surprised tbh.

Are they using TR's old station for Tantrum?

Tantrum is looking good. The orange and green maybe really isn't THAT bad. The black top is disappointing.

I'm going to take the year off from DL. In my opinion Hooks Lagoon is most in need of a repair, more ideally a replacement. Even with our short seasons the waterpark draws and holds the people. I don't know how Hooks passes inspection. It really is that bad.

Tantrum is looking good. The orange and green maybe really isn't THAT bad. The black top is disappointing.

I'm going to take the year off from DL. In my opinion Hooks Lagoon is most in need of a repair, more ideally a replacement. Even with our short seasons the waterpark draws and holds the people. I don't know how Hooks passes inspection. It really is that bad.

I agree on the fact that Darien Lake needs a new family water park playplace to replace the aging Hook's Lagoon playplace and also Darien Lake should consider sometime in the future a kiddie water slide complex for kids who are under 48" tall in addition to a new playplace.

Is it maintenance for just today, or like they still need to fix Predator and it'll be closed Sunday too?

Also Boomerang is always closed, not surprised tbh.

Are they using TR's old station for Tantrum?

No idea about Predator. Yes on Tantrum, at least partially. Looks like theyre adding a loading platform on to it.

Cedar Fair is not looking at buying new parks however what would be funny is if Six Flags re bought this park as they are looking for new ones. It would be good for me as if SF owned Darien Lake I would take a trip out there every so often instead of now where I haven't been in over 13 years

^ Isn't that where the tunnel of TR was? Also, let's point out how much of an eyesore the Cuda Falls' hill is, they really need to put something there soon, cause it looks awful.

The black top is disappointing.

The only thing black I see in that photo close to Tantrum is a crane, but...? I'm confused.

When I was there today, Rolling Thunder was also closed, but maintenance was working on it, Sleighride was closed, and without a roof, and Pirate was closed. As for Predator, I noticed the train was on the transfer, which I found strange, and there was new wood laying in the Predator field. I think they are just replacing wood, forcing a shutdown.Also to note, did anyone else notice that Giant Wheel is missing 4 cars? I thought that was very strange since they were refurbished only a few years ago. I was optimistic in seeing two trains run on some coasters this year, but it looks like the same old one-train disappointment, oh well.

^ Oh my gosh I read "two trains" and I got so happy, then read the rest of the sentence and got sad.

But being real, they should've worked on these problems during off-season, not NOW. Sure Tantrum needs the most attention and it could've been them ignoring the other rides for a bit, but that's because they took a while to finally get the track and build it.