TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I also seriously doubt the majority of the guests even know about the stuff rotting in the field, nor do they care, I don't care either, and I wouldn't want the park to spend money destroying what you can't even see or touch when you are inside the park and what has little or no impact upon the guests in the park. Now if Batman were sitting in a spot in the park where a ride could go that would be different, but its not, its sitting in a place where it has no impact on park visitors.

Right now DL seems to be rebuilding and removing rides that are old and troublesome which is a good thing, and this large investment is definitely a good thing and shows that the owners are willing to invest in the property instead of letting it rot like Six Flags did at the end. They could easily let the park go another 5 years without a large new addition and just put in small things like the new game that was a horrible flop this year. Hopefully they don't remove and destroy the silver bullet and the haymaker because if they do I will definitely be very bitter about that but I will understand why its being done, so I do understand the sentimental feelings for rides like the log flume.

I honestly haven't bothered to look at the facebook comments but if I had to take all that in stride and I was a theme park owner and I was going to make a 4-5 million dollar investment in my property if everyone just did nothing but complain about it I think that would be crazy. I think I would just not add anything since no matter what they add no one seems to be satisfied with it, perhaps all of the complainers elsewhere would be more happy if they just left thunder rapids SBNO and added nothing or maybe someone with a lot of money could donate the money and manpower to get it up and running again or rebuild it and keep it running for the next 30 years.....

The coaster has been officially announced by the park as of today. Its name is "Tantrum" and it will top out at a height of 98 feet. The ride will have a top speed of 52 mph.

"Tantrum riders will embark on a 98-foot vertical lift at a 90-degree angle – straight up the coaster’s first hill. In a matter of seconds, upon reaching its apex, the train plummets into a 97-degree drop and pretzel inversion. Reaching speeds of 52 mph, the coaster snakes through the structure over a bunny hop, keeps riders wondering which way is up or down during an Immelman turn and finishes with a tilted loop."

Source: http://www.thebatavian.com/howard-b-owens/darien-lake-announces-new-coaster-to-open-this-spring-tantrum-with-vertical-drop

I must admit that I think the name could have been a little bettter, but I’m sure it will grow on us, just like how Rougarou or Valravn grew on us. I am still so excited to ride on the new coaster!!

I want to believe that Darien Lake executives reviewed this thread to gauge interest in the information of a new coaster and just saw everyone freaking out about the flume so they named it Tantrum in honor of those reactions.

It will be called tantrum and it is confusing on what layout it will have.

How is it confusing on the layout?? It's literraly a clone of Iron Shark.

I did not look I watched a video on Dariens channel, and it showed hydrus I think.

The video on the link was a weird mash-up of Iron Shark and Hyrdus.

The order of elements the park described directly reflects an Iron Shark clone. I’m not sure why this is ambiguous.

This is great for Darien Lake. If the park were going to get any off-the-shelf coaster, I was low-key hoping for a Sky Rocket II, but a lap bar eurofighter is still great. It’s nice to see the park finally investing in a major attraction.

I must admit that I think the name could have been a little bettter, but I’m sure it will grow on us, just like how Rougarou or Valravn grew on us. I am still so excited to ride on the new coaster!!

I want to believe that Darien Lake executives reviewed this thread to gauge interest in the information of a new coaster and just saw everyone freaking out about the flume so they named it Tantrum in honor of those reactions.

clap-gif-4.gif

I want to believe that Darien Lake executives reviewed this thread to gauge interest in the information of a new coaster and just saw everyone freaking out about the crappy stand-up coaster rotting in the field, Cuda Falls' abandoned area, nothing significant being added last year, the announcement of Rolling Thunder, peeling paint in Viper's queue, no lights on the ferris wheel and overall park appearance, so they named it Tantrum in honor of those reactions.

Fixed that for you.

I am excited for this coaster! It's the first new coaster we have received since MotoCoaster almost 10 years ago. The name is interesting and I am sure will grow on all of us. I will miss TR but this is a huge upgrade over that. My hope is that they place this so that there is room for a need flat ride in the same general area as well.

Honestly if they're putting in a Iron Shark clone then why would the show hydrus? Couldn't they just show IS rather than getting our hopes up for nothing.

*Edit darien mentioned a pretzel inversion, I looked it up and hangtime will have one, but iron shark doesn't. Is there something I'm missing?

Honestly if they're putting in a Iron Shark clone then why would the show hydrus? Couldn't they just show IS rather than getting our hopes up for nothing.

*Edit darien mentioned a pretzel inversion, I looked it up and hangtime will have one, but iron shark doesn't. Is there something I'm missing?

I think that weird elevated twisting section after the first drop is the preztel maneuver they're referring to. It doesn't invert, but it's pretty twisted.

Now, I'm just plain happy that Darien Lake getting a new coaster even if it's a modified clone of another roller coaster. I'll miss Thunder Rapids, Shipwreck Falls is a better flume ride than little old Thunder Rapids.

I just hope that Darien Lake puts Tantrum in where 'Cuda Falls was, but that's just my speculation. If they do put it there maybe they can use the old Barracuda Bay entrance house for Tantrum's que line.

Now, I'm just plain happy that Darien Lake getting a new coaster even if it's a modified clone of another roller coaster. I'll miss Thunder Rapids, Shipwreck Falls is a better flume ride than little old Thunder Rapids.

I just hope that Darien Lake puts Tantrum in where 'Cuda Falls was, but that's just my speculation. If they do put it there maybe they can use the old Barracuda Bay entrance house for Tantrum's que line.

tenor.gif

This is probably the most classic DarienLaker post ever.

This is probably the most classic DarienLaker post ever.

giphy.gif