TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Might I say happy 20th anniversary to Mind Eraser and also I'd like to wish Viper a happy 35th anniversary as well!

I'm kind of bummed that Darien Lake never acknowledged the 20th anniversary of Hook's Lagoon in 2016!

Might I say happy 20th anniversary to Mind Eraser and also I'd like to wish Viper a happy 35th anniversary as well!

I'm kind of bummed that Darien Lake never acknowledged the 20th anniversary of Hook's Lagoon in 2016!

Yeah they did by closing two more slides, one per decade!

Now I have my doubts that Hook's Lagoon will open this season. My wild guess is that they're going to pull a 'Cuda Falls on it and say that Hook's Lagoon is closed for refurbishment and retire the attraction in 2018.

P.S. I think it's time that Darien Lake gets a new family water playground to replace Hook's!

Now I have my doubts that Hook's Lagoon will open this season. My wild guess is that they're going to pull a 'Cuda Falls on it and say that Hook's Lagoon is closed for refurbishment and retire the attraction in 2018.

P.S. I think it's time that Darien Lake gets a new family water playground to replace Hook's!

Like the one at Great Wolf Lodge that one is top of the line.

I'm sorry. Is this legit? Every other time someone with 5 or so posts makes a claim on here people claim it's just a troll. I'm not meaning to assume anything but if this is all legitimate why haven't there been any actual announcements from the park itself? Strike-U-Up attractions are relatively new and very unique. I'd hope they'd make some sort of stink out of it you know?

If this is the case then I'm glad they're adding things to the park that will enhance the experience on the dry side. I'm not sure how well he Pepsi thing is going to be since they don't really have any way to combat coke freestyle that I'm aware of, and I'm a big fan of coke freestyles! And I'm always a nerd for anniversary merch, so if we can somehow expand the anniversary products to be more than just souvenir cups I will be a VERY happy camper this season

I can say for sure that this is all legit because I work at the park in the games department. The park usually doesn't make an announcement for small attractions or shows. They never made an announcement when they added a laser maze in the old building that's located between Hi Striker and the shooting gallery during the middle of the season. Also, the guests never usually know about the shows in the Grand Theater until they actually go to the park. The switch to Pepsi products will certainly be interesting, but some people are pretty excited about it. Lastly, I'm pretty sure that the park is planning to sell more anniversary products aside from the souvenir cups.

^Based on the context and amount of information, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that this is legit. It's not someone just claiming out of nowhere that DL is building a water coaster or something. Everything listed I can see happening based on what I've noticed around the park last season.

I'll feel really dumb if I'm putting faith in this guy and it's a work, but I guess we'll have to wait on the park map to be updated to see all the "noticeable" changes.

Going on precedent though, usually these posters claim major things and disappear.

I'm not just one of those people who post rumors and if you need credibility I work at Darien Lake in the games department. I'll always know what changes are being made to the games at the park and I also talk to people in other departments as well. I'm usually pretty busy during the off-season so that's why you haven't heard from me as much lately.

Darien posted a picture of the front entrance. I can't wait to walk through it,last year we were the first to cross into the park,it was snowing

That's an old picture, and it did not snow on opening weekend last year.

Sorry the correct term was "Sleeting" as the meteorologist said. As for that picture.....I am very disappointed

Darien posted a picture of the front entrance. I can't wait to walk through it,last year we were the first to cross into the park,it was snowing

That's an old picture, and it did not snow on opening weekend last year.

Sorry the correct term was "Sleeting" as the meteorologist said. As for that picture.....I am very disappointed

It wasnt sleeting either. It was in the 70's and sunny.

^ Don't blame you there!

With a projected high of 45 tomorrow, I wouldn't think that it would be an overly fun day at the park. I would imagine that a lot of the rides might be down because of this horrible weather.

I bet the park isn't even open today, it's so nasty - a good day just to be indoors.

Found the weekend it was the 15th.

I was just reading on Screamscape that Elitch Gardens is removing their speed slides. Since Premier manages both EG and DL could they buy the slides from EG cheap and move them here? I know the two parks are not owned by the same people, but Premier does have a deal for cheaper rent on DL in exchange for them adding the new attractions. Speed slides are one of the only things our Waterpark lacks

I was just reading on Screamscape that Elitch Gardens is removing their speed slides. Since Premier manages both EG and DL could they buy the slides from EG cheap and move them here? I know the two parks are not owned by the same people, but Premier does have a deal for cheaper rent on DL in exchange for them adding the new attractions. Speed slides are one of the only things our Waterpark lacks
Possible very possible.

^^ This is a little off topic but I noticed EG doesnt have its own discussion page like other major parks. It seems to be one of the only major parks that doesnt have its own thread. I find that interesting. Then again I know EG is VERY unpopular with the coaster community. Even MiA gets more praise. But yea looking at the coaster line up there is nothing that special that sticks out and many of them are coasters you see in plenty of other parks,so I can see why. It wouldnt be my first choice either honestly,however if I was ever in the area and was offered to go I wouldnt pass it up either.

Waterslides are inexpensive. The concrete, towers, and pumping systems are expensive, hence why you rarely see slides relocated.