TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

There is an updated version of the enterprise rides so, is there a updated version of the huss Roundup?

Unfortunately, Huss has not come out with an updated version of the UFO ride, yet. Although, I do hope Huss does come out with a newer version of the UFO as they're an amazing ride. I just greatly enjoy Nightmares at Canada's Wonderland.

There is an updated version of the enterprise rides so, is there a updated version of the huss Roundup?

Unfortunately, Huss has not come out with an updated version of the UFO ride, yet. Although, I do hope Huss does come out with a newer version of the UFO as they're an amazing ride. I just greatly enjoy Nightmares at Canada's Wonderland.

Sadly I researched it and the original UFO died with the original company. The HUSS that we know now is not the huss that made most of darien lakes rides.

Sadly I researched it and the original UFO died with the original company. The HUSS that we know now is not the huss that made most of darien lakes rides.

Yes, I'm highly aware of that. But, it is possible that the "new" Huss could re-produce this wonderful classic. You have to stay optimistic.

Yes, I'm highly aware of that. But, it is possible that the "new" Huss could re-produce this wonderful classic. You have to stay optimistic.

I will try.If they do reproduce this amazing ride I'm hoping Darien can find it good enough to buy it.

Here is an update on the newest additions to the park this year! I can promise you that all of this stuff is true because I work at the park and I've been told this is what's happening.

Games

There will be TWO new games this year

1) Tubb Toss- This is the game where you have to try throwing balls inside a tilted bucket. There's a game like this at Canada's Wonderland called Peach Basket and I'm pretty sure this game can be found at a lot of carnivals as well. From my understanding, this game will be in the games barn in the area where the arcade machines were previously located. The arcade machines will be moved to the area where Chuck-A-Luck was previously located.

2) Slap Shot- Darien Lake is taking out the shooting gallery and adding a hockey game in that building. This building is located next to the Viper.

Food

There will be a new food stand called Beef & Beer located next to Rolling Thunder. It will replace the cotton candy stand and that means Subway is staying.

Bad idea that, Darien Lake is switching to Pepsi products this season. There will be two souvenir cups. One will honor the 35th anniversary of the Viper and the other will honor the 20th anniversary of the Mind Eraser.

Attractions

There will be a new attraction called Strike-U-Up. It's basically a game that you can ride. It's like the Hi Striker game and Heave Ho were combined together. Two people play on the ground and two people sit in chairs that raise to the top every time someone smacks the button. This attraction will be located in the vicinity of the Viper and Rolling Thunder. It will be located where the unusual white platform over by Subway and the FILLER UP water race game is located. There used to be a game in that spot called Crazy Color, but they took it out several years ago.

Here is what the new attraction looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQPCSfqTnl

Other

As far as I'm aware, Twister will still be around this year (and hopefully open). Park admission is free if you have a concert ticket for the concert taking place on that day. For the Future and Chance The Rapper concerts, Darien Lake will honor those tickets on any days after the concert because the theme park won't be open.

That should be it. Looking forward to a good season!

I / My family have been season pass holders at Darien for about the last 20 years. This is the first year I'm actually toying with the thought of not getting one. The last 2 or 3 seasons the lady and I would go and just wind up walking around. You can only ride the same rides over and over for so many years. Nothing has really changed that much since 1999, nothing MAJOR at least. Usually ill buy a seasons pass, the meal plan, and the cup that gets you unlimited free drink refills all year long, and it comes to about 110$ after taxes etc. I feel like I can put that 110$ to better use, especially if nothing new is coming. Even a bunch of new theming would possibly sway my decision. I enjoy a theme park atmosphere and don't mind just walking around all day and checking the park out, re living our childhoods, etc. but is it worth 110$ to go walk around? We like getting a decent workout in walking around and hanging out for 8 hours, and the meal plan and free drinks is nice because I don't have to bring anything with me, not even cash. There's nothing new to even make me want to waste time, gas, and money when I could go walk the mall or local town park. I could buy a gym membership for cheaper probably, lol. Well see what happens in the next month, but this may be the end of the line for us.

I hope that there's some other goodies thrown in with the improvements, but it's a start. I got a kick out of the "Mind Eraser's 20th anniversary" cups. The ride is really looking like it's 20 years old.

Coke to Pepsi is a downgrade in my book, but I'll probably be sticking to water anyways. I also believe that this is the first major park to buy a Strike-U-Up model, outside of FECs and independent parks. It's not really an interest to me, but we'll see how the GP does with it. High Striker almost always someone playing it.

The thing listed that's most appealing to me is the hockey game replacing the rifle range. That game was in need of a major overhaul or removal. For the past couple of seasons, half the rifles and targets were broken. If it's anything like the accuracy shooting at the all star game, I'll be a god at it.

I'm sorry. Is this legit? Every other time someone with 5 or so posts makes a claim on here people claim it's just a troll. I'm not meaning to assume anything but if this is all legitimate why haven't there been any actual announcements from the park itself? Strike-U-Up attractions are relatively new and very unique. I'd hope they'd make some sort of stink out of it you know?

If this is the case then I'm glad they're adding things to the park that will enhance the experience on the dry side. I'm not sure how well he Pepsi thing is going to be since they don't really have any way to combat coke freestyle that I'm aware of, and I'm a big fan of coke freestyles! And I'm always a nerd for anniversary merch, so if we can somehow expand the anniversary products to be more than just souvenir cups I will be a VERY happy camper this season

^Based on the context and amount of information, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that this is legit. It's not someone just claiming out of nowhere that DL is building a water coaster or something. Everything listed I can see happening based on what I've noticed around the park last season.

I'll feel really dumb if I'm putting faith in this guy and it's a work, but I guess we'll have to wait on the park map to be updated to see all the "noticeable" changes.

Going on precedent though, usually these posters claim major things and disappear.

I'm not sure how well he Pepsi thing is going to be since they don't really have any way to combat coke freestyle that I'm aware of, and I'm a big fan of coke freestyles! And I'm always a nerd for anniversary merch, so if we can somehow expand the anniversary products to be more than just souvenir cups I will be a VERY happy camper this season

They do have a freestyle similar machine, its just not as mainstream yet. It's called the Spire. Regardless, DL didn't have any freestyles that I was aware of.

^Based on the context and amount of information, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that this is legit. It's not someone just claiming out of nowhere that DL is building a water coaster or something. Everything listed I can see happening based on what I've noticed around the park last season.

I'll feel really dumb if I'm putting faith in this guy and it's a work, but I guess we'll have to wait on the park map to be updated to see all the "noticeable" changes.

Going on precedent though, usually these posters claim major things and disappear.

He's mentioned before that he works there, with no totally off the wall info so I see no reason to not believe him.

Who cares about new games or Coke vs freaking Pepsi when you have....

A new food stand called Beef & Beer located next to Rolling Thunder.

Coasterbill was right... DL ain't gettin' sh%t - they're getting Beef & Beer!!!!

I'm not sure how well he Pepsi thing is going to be since they don't really have any way to combat coke freestyle that I'm aware of, and I'm a big fan of coke freestyles! And I'm always a nerd for anniversary merch, so if we can somehow expand the anniversary products to be more than just souvenir cups I will be a VERY happy camper this season

They do have a freestyle similar machine, its just not as mainstream yet. It's called the Spire. Regardless, DL didn't have any freestyles that I was aware of.

You're totally right, they don't. But seeing how popular they were getting I was hoping in the next season or two they'd pop up at Darien Lake. Maybe the Spire will pop up and some version of a Pepsi refill station will come into play, but we'll just have to wait and see

Here is an update on the newest additions to the park this year! I can promise you that all of this stuff is true because I work at the park and I've been told this is what's happening.

Games

There will be TWO new games this year

1) Tubb Toss- This is the game where you have to try throwing balls inside a tilted bucket. There's a game like this at Canada's Wonderland called Peach Basket and I'm pretty sure this game can be found at a lot of carnivals as well. From my understanding, this game will be in the games barn in the area where the arcade machines were previously located. The arcade machines will be moved to the area where Chuck-A-Luck was previously located.

2) Slap Shot- Darien Lake is taking out the shooting gallery and adding a hockey game in that building. This building is located next to the Viper.

Food

There will be a new food stand called Beef & Beer located next to Rolling Thunder. It will replace the cotton candy stand and that means Subway is staying.

Bad idea that, Darien Lake is switching to Pepsi products this season. There will be two souvenir cups. One will honor the 35th anniversary of the Viper and the other will honor the 20th anniversary of the Mind Eraser.

Attractions

There will be a new attraction called Strike-U-Up. It's basically a game that you can ride. It's like the Hi Striker game and Heave Ho were combined together. Two people play on the ground and two people sit in chairs that raise to the top every time someone smacks the button. This attraction will be located in the vicinity of the Viper and Rolling Thunder. It will be located where the unusual white platform over by Subway and the FILLER UP water race game is located. There used to be a game in that spot called Crazy Color, but they took it out several years ago.

Here is what the new attraction looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQPCSfqTnl

Other

As far as I'm aware, Twister will still be around this year (and hopefully open). Park admission is free if you have a concert ticket for the concert taking place on that day. For the Future and Chance The Rapper concerts, Darien Lake will honor those tickets on any days after the concert because the theme park won't be open.

That should be it. Looking forward to a good season!

Just got done with a bunch of college reading

Anyways, hey coasterbill.... HAHA!

In all seriousness though, this is better than nothing. Also, dare I say, I'm even more excited about the switch in soda suppliers than the ride. I adore Pepsi products; Mountain Dew especially. So, to combine the best sodas with Darien Lake sounds like bliss to me!

On a side note, this is a perfect excuse for Darien Lake to retheme Ride Of Steel to Pepsi - Ride Of Caffiene or Pepsi - Ride Of Lag. Simply saying

hey coasterbill.... HAHA!

Hi. Can I help you?

In all seriousness though, this is better than nothing.

It's a switch in soda suppliers and 3 new games. When I said "you're not getting sh*t, I was referring to things people actually give a sh*t about. Of course every park will get new games and switch out a few restaurants when their contracts expire. The people who were hoping for an announcement weren't talking about soda suppliers and crappy sandwich chains, they were talking about rides.

I'm sorry. Is this legit? Every other time someone with 5 or so posts makes a claim on here people claim it's just a troll.

I noticed the post count too and would normally just write it all off as a bunch of crap, but the new additions are so incredibly mundane and uninteresting that it almost makes it slightly believable. I'm skeptical, but if you wanted to make something up you would think you'd go with something slightly interesting.

He's mentioned before that he works there, with no totally off the wall info so I see no reason to not believe him.

Every person with 5 posts who shows up with "inside information" claims to work there or know someone that does. I tend to believe him since these "additions" are so boring, but the fact that he said he works there means nothing. TPR is full of people claiming to have "inside information" who are completely talking out of their a**.

I tend to believe these possible additions. My only hope is that they add a whole row of these game ride things like 5 or 6 sets. I am also holding out hope for another coaster train somewhere

Also I do thank DarienLake2684 for this information, please be careful what you share on these forum boards. I have been around to remember one of the old WNY coaster forums moderators got a job at the park and was fired due to something he said in the forums. Darien Lake people definitely view this forum, even if they don't comment. As stated, the information is appreciated, but don't risk your job, especially when things are not public yet.

I tend to believe these possible additions. My only hope is that they add a whole row of these game ride things like 5 or 6 sets. I am also holding out hope for another coaster train somewhere

Also I do thank DarienLake2684 for this information, please be careful what you share on these forum boards. I have been around to remember one of the old WNY coaster forums moderators got a job at the park and was fired due to something he said in the forums. Darien Lake people definitely view this forum, even if they don't comment. As stated, the information is appreciated, but don't risk your job, especially when things are not public yet.

There is always 1 guest viewing.