TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^^^I never got the appeal for bands like Nickleback and Daughty.....to me that isnt real rock. Rock is suppose to be fun not about whining or super sappy fluffy pop-like love songs....

Music (and all art) is subjective. What you like/dislike is usually going to be different than what someone else enjoys/dislikes. That said, you couldn't pay me to go to any of those shows. See? Subjective.

^^^I never got the appeal for bands like Nickleback and Daughty.....to me that isnt real rock. Rock is suppose to be fun not about whining or super sappy fluffy pop-like love songs....

You're more than welcome to dislike those bands (a lot of people hate them) but acting like rock music is only rock music if it's a fun song that's "not whiny" makes no sense. Some of the most popular rock songs ever are whiny as hell. Go break out some Ozzy / Black Sabbath albums if you don't believe me.

PS: Sorry we're so off topic but Darien Lake isn't getting sh*t next year anyway...

I don't get why Nickelback seems to be the butt of all jokes. Agreed that this concert lineup is really amazing for a park.

They're still adding shows so they'll be another 7-8 shows added. Also, you won't find a better lineup at a park in the US, granted these are paid shows, the free park admission realms adds to this.

I don't get why Nickelback seems to be the butt of all jokes. Agreed that this concert lineup is really amazing for a park.

They're still adding shows so they'll be another 7-8 shows added. Also, you won't find a better lineup at a park in the US, granted these are paid shows, the free park admission realms adds to this.

You're more than welcome to dislike those bands (a lot of people hate them) but acting like rock music is only rock music if it's a fun song that's "not whiny" makes no sense. Some of the most popular rock songs ever are whiny as hell. Go break out some Ozzy / Black Sabbath albums if you don't believe me.

PS: Sorry we're so off topic but Darien Lake isn't getting sh*t next year anyway...

Well at least those older bands are cool....i don't know maybe whiney isnt the word....i just don't like modern alternative music....its just boring where as Ozzy can sing some unique songa

50 million records sold... Half a dozen or so Top 10 Billboard Hits... I don't think the joke is on them. Granted I don't own any of their albums or will see this show but they are easily one of the biggest bands of the past 20 years.

I'm interested in the Cheap Trick show. Might be my first trip to Darien Lake.

I had some spare time and I know some people here talked about Ride Of Steel being being repainted. I just calculated how much it would cost to repaint Ride Of Steel. It would take about 62 gallons of paint the track and about another 60 to paint the supports. So, assuming they are using Sherwin Williams brand paint, it is $45 per gallon. So, 45 multiplied by 122 is 5,490. Thus it will cost $5,490 to repaint Ride Of Steel. I simply put this here FYI (and I had the miracle of having that much spare time).

I had some spare time and I know some people here talked about Ride Of Steel being being repainted. I just calculated how much it would cost to repaint Ride Of Steel. It would take about 62 gallons of paint the track and about another 60 to paint the supports. So, assuming they are using Sherwin Williams brand paint, it is $45 per gallon. So, 45 multiplied by 122 is 5,490. Thus it will cost $5,490 to repaint Ride Of Steel.

I'm quoting this post so I can keep it forever and ever.

Nickelback was my very first concert

I'm very sorry to hear that! Was it this one?

Something tells me it wasn't the type of rock concert they expected to play at. But I like it.

Hey look on the bright side, Vonni. At least your first concert was the absolute sh*ttiest band on the planet, concerts could only have gotten better from there, amirite?

Edited by boldikus

^^^^ I get that some simple math can be used to determine a general amount of paint needed to cover a structure, but without access to the blueprints for the ride as well as Intamin specs a guess like this will only infuriate forum goers who are informed about these things. There's many many more variables that go into repainting a coaster. You're going to loose quite a bit of paint Due to wind and other variables such as the thickness of the coat of paint. Given that a gallon will cover about 400sq ft in a home, I can't imagine that translates very well onto a steel structure with miles of round surfaces. Then comes the man hours, the equipment, and the fact that 1/4 of the ride is over water by a significant amount.

I promise that if it was this cheap every park would be putting a new paint job on all of their rides as soon as signs of wear began to show...

I had some spare time and I know some people here talked about Ride Of Steel being being repainted. I just calculated how much it would cost to repaint Ride Of Steel. It would take about 62 gallons of paint the track and about another 60 to paint the supports. So, assuming they are using Sherwin Williams brand paint, it is $45 per gallon. So, 45 multiplied by 122 is 5,490. Thus it will cost $5,490 to repaint Ride Of Steel. I simply put this here FYI (and I had the miracle of having that much spare time).

83722bce7b607803218d798d7fe1b05c.jpg

Edited by anonymouscactus

iamhighasfuckandivebeendrinkingsolookout.jpg.f23db60f2ea4aaf0edf272f9d363c9f6.jpg

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say theyre not using Sherwin Williams house paint.