TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Its not that bad of a park, with the cost of carnivals and the erie county fair through the roof DL seems to provide the best value, you do get a whole park for the whole day including a water park (comparing the other waterpark options nearby such as great wolf lodge makes DL an incredible value), even better if you can catch something like the buy 1 get 1 free tickets they had last season.

That was a very informative write up. Honestly, I'm fine with them not adding another train. I don't really see the need for one. I'd rather they put that same money towards general improvements (paint, landscaping, maintenance, fixing or demolishing the stupid bridge by the MotoCoaster) that don't require an additional time / capital investment going forward. Plus, if any coaster needs a new train, it's Mind Eraser which could really benefit from a Kumbak / new Vekoma train and maybe some new track pieces if this great Nor Easter thing goes well (but now I'm just getting crazy ).

I will always have the fondest memories of their Mind Eraser at Darien Lake! A DOWNPOUR (meaning soaked half way up the lift hill) started once we were dispatched and I've got to say made for an AMAZING ride!

I have a hunch that Darien Lake may drop an announcement soon. Frontier City in Oklahoma is making an announcement next week on thier 2017 addition. Keep in mind that Frontier City was under the same recent exchange between CNL and EPR properties and yet they still have plans for the coming season. With that being said, the sale clearly does not mean an off year in regards to additions. Darien Lake may still end up getting something for 2017.

I have a hunch that Darien Lake may drop an announcement soon. Frontier City in Oklahoma is making an announcement next week on thier 2017 addition. Keep in mind that Frontier City was under the same recent exchange between CNL and EPR properties and yet they still have plans for the coming season. With that being said, the sale clearly does not mean an off year in regards to additions. Darien Lake may still end up getting something for 2017.

With Premier staying and providing capital for rides theres no reason why there cant be an addition. If the owner had ditched Premier than id say status quo wouldve been more likely.

I'm already planning to get passes for wonderland this year, although DL is my home park, and I've always gotten passes for DL. Lately, I've been feeling that it may be worth the extra drive to Wonderland. It's really too bad the way that DL has been more recently.

Just announced: Frontier City announced that they are adding "Gully Washer" for 2017. Gully Washer will be a triple slide complex that stands 66 feet high and will be 1,249 feet long. It will be located by the Wild West Water Works play structure.

See? If Frontier City is getting something, then I'm sure Darien Lake will too.

Just announced: Frontier City announced that they are adding "Gully Washer" for 2017. Gully Washer will be a triple slide complex that stands 66 feet high and will be 1,249 feet long. It will be located by the Wild West Water Works play structure.

See? If Frontier City is getting something, then I'm sure Darien Lake will too.

I hope that was you were being facetious, but it really would not surprise me if Darien Lake got something like Gully Washer. Water parks are insanely popular when the weather is nice and slide towers are a hell of a lot cheaper than a new ride or coaster. When we visited in August, we went on the Lazy River and GTFO after that because it was just wall to wall people. Ugh.

But yeah, I'm also on board with them fixing up some things too. Coasterbill is right about the area around Twister - it's like you're walking through a part of Conneaut Lake...total dump area.

Viper's queue & the ferris wheel (lights?) could also use some sprucing - as people have said.

Bottom line is that they really don't need to invest tens of millions of dollars on a new coaster to make the park more enjoyable. Fix what they have first and then move towards new attractions in the coming years.

If they removed the go karts, that would get rid of an eyesore and open up some massive expansion space for that plaza. I can't imagine that they profit too much off of it anymore.

Personally, I think that Hook's Lagoon and Big Kahuna should be replaced in the future. This way that entire end of the waterpark can be fixed up. I know that Premier was really high on the White Water West structure that they added at Frontier City a few years ago.

I could easily see Premier adding more watersides next year as that portion of the park is extremely busy almost all the time. My only thing is that I hope they do not neglect the dry side of the park as well. I could live with general improvements on the rides if they are at least semi-noticeable. I would like to see lights fixed or added in the case of the giant wheel. Second trains on the coasters that do not have them, and possibly some paint in needed areas.

Ugh.

8c60ca66368c4ef2d668886d39ca96b1.jpg

They have LITERALLY had it for ELEVEN YEARS on site and they are going to install this shitty ass ride NOW? If this happens I'm going to stop posting images on this site much to everyone's delight but unfortunately it ain't gonna happen :-P

Edited by anonymouscactus

The idea of this ride coming back is the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard, but because I want to sit back and watch the train wreck I'll point out that Cobra at La Ronde is most likely on it's way out so now there are a bunch of Intamin standup spare parts laying around that someone could probably pick up on the cheap.

F**king build both! One by the go karts and one on the cuda falls hill. I am a genius! Who wouldn't want two new coasters in one year????? 2017 will be the best year ever!!! Nobody will even realize they are the same coaster since they will be different colors! One rusty ass brown, one rusty ass green. Taste the rainbow!! They don't paint anything now why would they bother painting the BRAND NEW rides??

*deep breath*

Edited by anonymouscactus

I say buy the one at LaRonde and then piece the together to make one really big coaster. It would be like a huge jigsaw puzzle...

Why does this keep coming back up? We all know that this will not happen due to the way it was taken down via torch cuts as opposed to regular unbolting the track pieces like they should have. Now could they buy the one from LaRonde and useven what they have as spare parts, sure, but Why? Stand up coasters are all but going away these days.

Oh and BTW, pics or it didn't happen...

We all know that this will not happen due to the way it was taken down via torch cuts as opposed to regular unbolting the track pieces like they should have.

No, they unbolted the track pieces. It's just rusted to the point where the idea of rebuilding it is absolutely insane. Why would they have taken it down with blowtorches and then paid to ship an assload of scrap metal from Texas to upstate New York? They were planning on putting it up originally.

e540b714ca3e3d5382c79c685a134154.jpg

Why?

Because Darien Lake sucks and these people will settle for anything at this point.