TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Does DL have a good Halloween event?

Nope. Last year, they closed in September, at 7:00, with no Halloween event. They used to have frightfest. They are closing early with nothing again this year

Nope. Last year, they closed in September, at 7:00, with no Halloween event. They used to have frightfest. They are closing early with nothing again this year

That's too bad. Is it because a lot of the business comes from the campground and there is not much camping in the fall?

That's too bad. Is it because a lot of the business comes from the campground and there is not much camping in the fall?

Unpredictable weather. Could snow, could be 80. I went on the last operating day for 2015 (Sept 27) and it was mid 70's, but I think the day before was rainy and 50's.

I have huge REAL news: I'm not joking when I say this. I was at the park today, and got a drink at the saloon, and when I was there, the worker said that apparently, DL is getting a NEW COASTER in 2018! All that he told me is that it will be in the place of the old Cuda Falls complex, and that it will be a "water coaster". That's all that he said. If someone knows exactly what a water coaster is, cn you describe it? This is no lie, he actually told me this info.

I have huge REAL news: I'm not joking when I say this. I was at the park today, and got a drink at the saloon, and when I was there, the worker said that apparently, DL is getting a NEW COASTER in 2018! All that he told me is that it will be in the place of the old Cuda Falls complex, and that it will be a "water coaster". That's all that he said. If someone knows exactly what a water coaster is, cn you describe it? This is no lie, he actually told me this info.

It is probably more of a water slide coaster (master blaster/magnetic propelled like KK's Deluge). Notice - WATER SLIDE. Considering the park is probably focusing on the dry side of the park next year this does make sense. A "coaster" slide would certainly be unique to the area. Oh goody

Will someone please go and confirm this with one of the dippin dots workers on their next visit? We all know the workers with the inside informationn aare at the dippin dots stands...

Yeah the guy working at the saloon isn't a credible source. Nobody knows what the park is getting next year, let alone two years away. I'm sorry but im not buying into anything until i see it. I remember a couple of years ago when a ride op at Predator said that the park was building "the world's tallest coaster like Cedar Point has".

Also, when I was there, I noticed that ROS seems to be breaking down even more often. It broke down 3 times in that one day. It almost did a 4th time. The new train doesn't seem to be breaking in very nicely. Every time that I am there, it is down for at least an hour, and I've been there 5 times this year.

Yeah the guy working at the saloon isn't a credible source. Nobody knows what the park is getting next year, let alone two years away. I'm sorry but im not buying into anything until i see it. I remember a couple of years ago when a ride op at Predator said that the park was building "the world's tallest coaster like Cedar Point has".

Does anybody know the specifics of the Slingshot deal with the season pass? I think they refer to a "double shot" but I have no idea what that means! I haven't ridden DLs slingshot, really haven't ever walked by it either, with it being tucked back to the right of the park entrance. I'm trying to see if it's actually a "good" deal without having to contact the park itself! Thanks!

Does anybody know the specifics of the Slingshot deal with the season pass? I think they refer to a "double shot" but I have no idea what that means! I haven't ridden DLs slingshot, really haven't ever walked by it either, with it being tucked back to the right of the park entrance. I'm trying to see if it's actually a "good" deal without having to contact the park itself! Thanks!

I'm not completely sure, but I do know that a double shot means two people, as there are two seats.

Two people can ride for the price of one

Since this seems to be quite interesting to hear, I'll share the story now! According to screamscape, RoS is apparently running two trains again. Pretty shocking, and almost too good to be true! I'll be in the park tomorrow evening, and I'll definitely be sure to see if this is true or not! Also, they said that the pathway to Mind Eraser is closed due to some sort of in park construction. I'll also be getting a look at that and posting whatever I can see on here tomorrow! Here's the direct post I am referring to:

image.jpeg.c87926b1b0926d73ae85e432260ce9b3.jpeg

Since this seems to be quite interesting to hear, I'll share the story now! According to screamscape, RoS is apparently running two trains again. Pretty shocking, and almost too good to be true! I'll be in the park tomorrow evening, and I'll definitely be sure to see if this is true or not! Also, they said that the pathway to Mind Eraser is closed due to some sort of in park construction. I'll also be getting a look at that and posting whatever I can see on here tomorrow! Here's the direct post I am referring to:

I was just there on Sunday, and there wasn't even any sign of a second train.

Looks like the BS calling was very appropriate. I knew without pictures it was something that would've been really hard to believe, and by the looks of it, there was no sign of any construction near the mind eraser (besides the wheel chassis for the second train being on site) and nothing on the long pathway either. No spray paint, no holes dug, no nothing.

Also. The RoS "second train" is non existent. As I'm sure most everyone here figured, there is no second train, new or old, on site for the RoS. Yet, randomly, they had attempted to transfer the train off of the track and it appeared that it had gotten stuck. It was down for close to 2.5 hours, with it reopening a little over a half hour after left in the day.

Other things I noticed:

-Blast Off shut down at least 3 times during the visit which was only 5 hours.

-Mind Eraser went down twice

-RoS as I mentioned went down and stayed down for a couple hours

-Predator does seem to have only one train functioning, and it does look like they have gutted the first one (pictures to explain what I mean by that)

-There were no sightings of the blue/green track that was mentioned here a few pages back, probably not a shocker.

-Twister had at least 2/3 of the shoulder restraints removed. The waterfall was off, which stinks, but there was no sign of any work being done to it.

On to the pictures! Not many, since I was only doing this to answer some specific questions, so here we go:

image.thumb.jpeg.b39a52107a6b2384ed1c77a99d865115.jpeg

No second train in sight... Not even signs of it. Which isn't a shock, since they're supposed to be purchasing the second one during the next off season.

image.thumb.jpeg.43d6f7cdcaa3748ade831474d74d8f88.jpeg

Myth busted! The path is open! And no sign of construction in sight!

image.thumb.jpeg.6e7918793113c5a660902d2ba0a95083.jpeg

Poor twister... Looks like it's gonna be a loooooong season for this SBNO attraction.

image.thumb.jpeg.f78b04fcdb5182797f63e2c816dd0c0e.jpeg

Although, they did add a nice little sticker to the ride. In case your erased mind forgot what coaster you were on ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.fb11f174ccc5896e75f602c0a4371bbe.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I saw these same pallets at the mind eraser last year. Even though they are here, I don't think it means the second trains are close to being reinstalled here

image.thumb.jpeg.fd6f302713532110a153e7cf4cb91822.jpeg

First and foremost, I noticed that the third car of this train was labeled A2. Which tells me that the first train isn't operable anymore...

image.thumb.jpeg.1fc24e2c7f0a47fc6c11fa0da03050ff.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.88ef360c7e8397ce14a718756c89c03a.jpeg

The train sat like this for upwards of two hours.

I can stand by SbSteveZ's report. I was there today too. ME was open and no paths were blocked. Also ROS was down for a good portion of the day and as I can see no second train. I'm not sure where this came from. Hopefully this can get cleared up, I'm curious to know if maybe someone knows something we don't?

What I have found strange about ME's second train is that last year, they were only operating the blue train, this year, they are only operating the red train, which leads me to think that ME's second train must still be operable, as it was used last year.

What I have found strange about ME's second train is that last year, they were only operating the blue train, this year, they are only operating the red train, which leads me to think that ME's second train must still be operable, as it was used last year.

If the second train for Mind Eraser is still operable, why is Darien Lake only have one train on it?

If the second train for Mind Eraser is still operable, why is Darien Lake only have one train on it?

Looks like Viper is the only coaster to run two trains this season once again. I talked to the crew today about some basic things going around the park, nothing special to note besides they expect the second train to go on sometime this month. That's a good catch on Predator Steve. I never noticed that, but that pretty much rules out a second train this year. I wish that they would send the trains off to PTC this offseason so they can rehab the trains. It's a coaster that could use them.

Seems like most people have just been hitting Ride of Steel on a bad day this year. Every time I went, it has been suffering from minimal downtime. Sometimes there are just days where the computer doesn't want to cooperate. Today weather kept it and many other rides down for a bit. The wind got so bad at a point that it nearly blew one of Big Kahuna's rafts across the park. Only the conveyor's cage prevented that from happening.

I would be happy if next year's budget was used to finish paint on Mind Eraser and start RoS, get second trains for major rides running, and a small dry addition, maybe a Twister replacement.