TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

i was on the ferris wheel and i was at the top and i saw what looks like green and blue b&m track in the warehouse area,it was about 5 pieces of track and 2 supports i don't know why it was there or what it was doing but maybe it is for 2017 and they are trying to get a place to hide it

... WHAT?!

So can anyone confirm what this kid is saying? There is no way a park that small is getting a B&M. If they are that sure would be a damn good surprise but I simply don't see that happening. Can anyone confirm these claims of B&M track on site?

On a side note don't take this the wrong way but Supercoasterfan, the way you type makes it seem like you reached 2nd grade elementary level English classes and stopped. I think you may need help with your English skills.

i was on the ferris wheel and i was at the top and i saw what looks like green and blue b&m track in the warehouse area,it was about 5 pieces of track and 2 supports i don't know why it was there or what it was doing but maybe it is for 2017 and they are trying to get a place to hide it

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

It's going to be a B&M dive machine named after the famous 'Cuda Falls. It will have blue & green track and teal & yellow trains to pay homage to the late slide complex. The ride starts as the train ascends the fabulous Rainbow Mountain before slipping in to the terrifying Cascade Canyon. The ride has not been completely designed or fabricated yet, as the final height of the ride is to be determined by adding a foot for every time Cuda Falls is mentioned in this thread.

It's going to be a B&M dive machine named after the famous 'Cuda Falls. It will have blue & green track and teal & yellow trains to pay homage to the late slide complex. The ride starts as the train ascends the fabulous Rainbow Mountain before slipping in to the terrifying Cascade Canyon. The ride has not been completely designed or fabricated yet, as the final height of the ride is to be determined by adding a foot for every time Cuda Falls is mentioned in this thread.

Okay, that's freaking hilarious.

First let me say that wild rumours are not accepted on this thread! Second, it would not shock me to see DL get a new coaster next year. Remember that Premier now operates the park, and their history has been to add coasters and water rides. On top of that, the park obviosuly has open space for a new coaster in the "nameless" area. My only problem is that I would not expect a B&M as much as I could see a Gerstauler Eurofighter style coaster.

Needless to say that t is way too early for track to show up. Also, could they be testing new color schemes on the old Batman track and supports? That would explain B&M track...

^ But why test the same colors on 5 seperate pieces of track? It almost doesn't make sense... If it was a single piece of track and a single support I feel like it would be more likely that testing colors was the case. But why waste the money to paint 5 different pieces of track?

Is the theater large enough to hold that layout? With some resurfacing of the track and a repaint I could see a floorless conversion being placed in there as a reasonable expense to boost park attendance and kickstart some new larger additions by 2020-2022. One can dream right? Haha, nothing big however until we get rid of the dreaded CNL!

I thought it has been reported multiple times that the old Batman track has been stored improperly for far too long, and that it would cost nearly the same amount as a new coaster to make it usable again, so why would the park spend roughly the same amount of money to fix a rough stand up when it could buy a brand new coaster?

I mean, if they really wanted to use the old Batman coaster, they probably would have by now.

^B:TE was improperly disassembled from SFAW. It's unusable. They probably still have it because I bet it can still be used as a tax deduction regardless of its physical condition. Once its value is fully depreciated to zero, then they'll probably sell it for scrap.

Four or five pieces of green and blue (boxy) track, and only two supports in the maintenance area? Sorry to burst your bubble, but that just sounds like Rolling Thunder is being taken apart to get looked at for something. (RT has six track pieces and only two supports.)

To start sorry to burst your bubble Tanks4me05, but if Rolling Thunder was being taken apart at the time then how did I ride it over the weekend?

Also I have an explaination for the suppossed "B&M" track. The current style of Premier coaster track may easily be confused with B&M track from a distance. Both styles are close but not exact in how they look. Maybe Darien Lake may indeed FINALLY be adding a new thrilling roller coaster (unlike a cheap Zamperla motocoaster prototype) and it will be a Premier launch coater. Also they could possibly be getting parts for it this early so they can avoid doing construction in the awful WNY winter.

6272626_orig.thumb.jpg.8f5aeba7c4d8ce7242a87bf75d5e6042.jpg

Premier Track

images5.jpg.184a8e570de8430cd4ff5d61136b899c.jpg

B&M track

First let me say that wild rumours are not accepted on this thread! Second, it would not shock me to see DL get a new coaster next year. Remember that Premier now operates the park, and their history has been to add coasters and water rides. On top of that, the park obviosuly has open space for a new coaster in the "nameless" area. My only problem is that I would not expect a B&M as much as I could see a Gerstauler Eurofighter style coaster.

Needless to say that t is way too early for track to show up. Also, could they be testing new color schemes on the old Batman track and supports? That would explain B&M track...

I don't expect a B&M either but remember Kentucky Kingdom, back in the 90's wasn't any bigger than Darien and they added Chang (and I realize that CNL will never foot the bill for even a mid-sized SFNE Batman: Dark Knight floorless type coaster). However with Premier's red hot Skyrocket II model popping up all over the place that would be a kick a$$ ride for Darien Lake. Now with Apex at the helm at Fantasy Island, and who knows what they have in store for the future there, it would be Darien's chance to up the thrills even more. Besides I would love to see one of those closer to me.

I would have to agree that the track in question must have been a piece of old Batman track from across the street.

I honestly am not believing one bit of this rumor unless I see it with my own eyes. Last Friday I didn't see anything out of the ordinary around the park, but I also was not looking too hard for anything. I don't think that the park is thinking too much about 2017 yet, when the prep work for 2016 is still in the finishing stages. I really don't mean to discredit anyone, but how many times have we seen someone step up with a crazy rumor like this, no pictures, and expects everyone to believe it.

It still astonishes me that people still think Batman is going up. Whether or not it is true that the ride was disassembled incorrectly, the ride has been sitting in the elements for 10 years now. I have more faith in Orphan Rocker being opened than Batman ever having a chance of running again. The ride is damaged beyond repair, and Intamin won't supply parts. Even if it was salvageable, I wouldn't want it to go up. The ride was horrible and never ranked above 157. In it's last year open, it ranked 256.

Next time I visit the park, I will try to investigate. I would love the idea of a Premier Sky Rocket going in, but the park has enough cookie cutter rides. I would like to see a more unique layout go into the park first. There are many options for cheap roller coasters on the market right now, and most are highly ranked too.

I've seen a baby blueish rusty piece of track in the graveyard like 10 years ago. I still don't know what it was from but maybe that's it. I'll see if I can find a photo on my hard drive its probably the same thing. There is no way there is b&m track anywhere. No way.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'll be at the park sometime between Thursday and Sunday. I'll hop on the giant wheel and see what I can see but I'm not holding my breath. B;TE track is bright yellow, and is also rusted out, so unless they painted it I don't see how one could see it as blue or green, unless they are colorblind. Ill try and talk to a few of my dying connections at the park, getting hard to get info since pretty much everyone I worked with that has any credibility has left the park. if I see anything over the weekend ill take some photos and let everyone know.

I've seen a baby blueish rusty piece of track in the graveyard like 10 years ago. I still don't know what it was from but maybe that's it. I'll see if I can find a photo on my hard drive its probably the same thing. There is no way there is b&m track anywhere. No way.

That was probably Batman: The Escape from SFAW, it had yellow track and black supports.

http://rcdb.com/3472.htm#p=15187

That was probably Batman: The Escape from SFAW, it had yellow track and black supports.

http://rcdb.com/3472.htm#p=15187

you people amaze me, we all have know about B:TE for years, as has been mentioned 50000 times over the past few pages. Blue does not look anything like yellow. No way anyone confused batmans mustardy bright ass yellow track for BLUE OR GREEN track. They wouldn't paint batman track just to see how it looked either. If they ordered a Costner they would have worked hand in hand with the designers and would know what every inch looked like. They wouldn't need to paint track from batman. And no batman will not ever ever ever be built. As mentioned before, when they took it down in Texas, they sawed and welded it apart instead of taking bolts out. The track is trashed, six flags just needed somewhere to put it at the time. If I see any hints of track or anything of that nature I'll take a photo this weekend. End rant. ALSO, (see photo below) KRAFT is making cuda falls colored noodles for the new Mac and cheese dinner called: cudas cheesy falls. You can see photos of the pasta noodles below.

image.jpeg.dffca3d7204ddd05f99c15fa2454bece.jpeg