TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^ That honestly does not sound legitimate. Your wording choice is pretty poor when it comes to who actually told you.

Pretty sure its been mentioned before that a second new train would come next year. Whether or not its been ordered... doesnt really matter. What will be interesting to see is if the second train is a different color because i doubt they paint a one year old train, meaning any re-theme likely involves blue. I was hoping for silver and black.

^ there's also the possibility that they simply Repaint the ride the same colors. I'm sure it's not the top option in the mind of the enthusiast but it could save them money in the end if they wanted to go that route

They could leave the supports blue and paint the track a new color and still have good reason to keep the trains blue as well

My suggestions for new color schemes for Ride of Steel:

*Blue (supports) teal (track)

*Red (supports) blue (track) (the same colors, but reversed)

*Blue (supports) lime green (track)

*Black (supports) blue (track)

*Blue (supports) golden yellow (track)

*Blue (supports) white (track) (kind of similar to Boomerang's colors)

It might be a little too late for them to re-theme it. It's been known as Ride of Steel for 10 years now, and most people still call it Superman. I would love to see them do something with the name, but at this point, what would the park get out of it? I would rather just see them put more money into trains and a paint job soon. It can always be a pipe dream though, right?

Hi new account here, hope to share some cool pictures and stories. So whats up with the predator. I thought it was supposed to be rebuilt. Or they were going to build a new woody. I am disappointed by some on ride footage from last summer that show it to still be a really rough ride. Whats the next step for this beauty, It was the first coaster I ever rode. I would really like it to get the attention it deserves.

I don't think anyone is asking for a retheme or rename ROS, just repaint it. Personally if they want to go with the true steel name, keep the supports blue and paint the track grey or silver to look truly like steel

^ Now why did I expect your answer to be...a beacon for a newly revamped Cuda Falls?

Silly me!

I guess I got over it and realized that RipCurl Racers is the replacement slides for the late 'Cuda Falls. Its location is close to where Barracuda Bay was and I'm glad that Darien Lake got rid of the water park entrance by the main that was only used for the 2010 season when they expanded the water park and tried to make it an extra charge attraction in addition to just the water park admission.

So, what is this Angry Birds thing, all about? The thing in the photo.

Is it anything that actually works at the water park? Or just theming?

I am blissfully ignorant.

^ My guess is soccer ball robot?

Or better yet, perhaps it is filled with a bomb and they are going to put this thing in a slingshot and fire it over the lake at Predator in order to make way for the new Intamin mega-lite called Lake Monster - Cuda's Revenge?

I saw that on IG too and could not make sense of it either. To me the bottom of it almost looks like a bumper car. Could it be part of a much larger scenery package? Could it be something for later in the year?

So I was thinking already about next year for DL and thought with the rip curl addition this year, how great would a true master blaster water coaster be in the waterpark? Other than a speed slide, that is pretty much all that is missing within reason.

Don't get me wrong, I really want a real coaster for the park itself, but would totally accept a water coaster in the waterpark.

^ Not to get DarienLakers hopes up, but I've been thinking about the future of the water park as well. They have added two different water attractions back to back, a third one wouldn't surprise me. What I would wonder, however is where they would put it. My mind immediately heads over to the big plot of land in the front of the park. It was once home to two water attractions, what are the chances that they'd put something water themed there again? I mean, they left the bridge there! Yes, it was probably for aesthetic instead of function, but still, the ambiguity of the future of that piece of land is very intriguing!

Also, I'm pretty excited for the new additions that we *do* know of this year. Namely, the new RoS train and the new and improved laser show! I'm most likely going to be purchasing season passes for the first time this year because I do finally think that it will be worth it! Here's to a great 2016 season!