TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

What's the point of Darien Lake keeping Galaxy Theater if it's never going to be used again? I wouldn't be surprised if that old thing is gone by the summer. Darien Lake has bad history in recent years for keeping stuff SBNO and/or empty for a few years.

What's the point of Darien Lake keeping Galaxy Theater if it's never going to be used again? I wouldn't be surprised if that old thing is gone by the summer. Darien Lake has bad history in recent years for keeping stuff SBNO and/or empty for a few years.

Its an asset. Any piece of land is more valuable with a building than empty. And a building that size is great for maintenance and storage.

The 2016 park map is up. I did not notice many changes except RipCurl racer and Ignite the Night having "colorblast" as its subtitle. The Galaxy Theater was also left off, so it looks like that will be SBNO again this season, but I think that was expected.

https://www.darienlake.com/downloads/park-map.pdf

Of note, Lasso is indeed on there. I thought RipCurl was going to be flipped the other way. Kind of odd that it would wnd facing the parking lot and makes you wonder if theyll expand out again in the future.

The 2016 park map is up. I did not notice many changes except RipCurl racer and Ignite the Night having "colorblast" as its subtitle. The Galaxy Theater was also left off, so it looks like that will be SBNO again this season, but I think that was expected.

Might I ask about the rides in Beaver Brothers Bay, why is there is max height limit for the submarine ride and the balloons ride (unless you got a kid)? I can understand with all of the other rides in there being mainly "kids only".

I thought RipCurl was going to be flipped the other way. Kind of odd that it would wnd facing the parking lot and makes you wonder if theyll expand out again in the future.

I also thought it was weird. I'm guessing they went for the curb appeal of having the slide visible from the entrance.

I thought RipCurl was going to be flipped the other way. Kind of odd that it would wind up facing the parking lot and makes you wonder if they'll expand out again in the future.

I also thought it was weird. I'm guessing they went for the curb appeal of having the slide visible from the entrance.

I was also wondering if RipCurl Racers would be the colors of teal, blue, yellow, and green or rainbow colored as pictured on the map?

Yes I expected rip curl racers to go towards hooks lagoon, but seeing this makes more sense. This gives riders less to walk to get to the actual tower. Thi,s orientation also makes it very visible from the parking lots as well.

Also, with Ranger and Galaxy Theater off the map, the questions will surround what will fill those spots, either with the building there or not.

Maybe it's just me, but looking at that logo, maybe the "colorblast" subtitle could mean something along the lines of adding multicolored beams into the mix instead of just the green, but that's just my guess.

New in 2016, Darien Lake's Ignite the Night-Colorblast is full-spectrum interactive laser extravaganza that will stimulate the senses and inspire the imagination. Music, Water, Fire, Video, and Pyrotechnics all come together for this laser light spectacular in the air, on the stage, all around, and now… in your hand. Be part of the show with your “Ignite The Night GLOW". These special interactive wristbands, wands, headbands, and swords will change colors and shine in choreographed precision during the show. We set the stage, you be the star! With more than 90 performances this season, Ignite the Night-Colorblast is something you just can’t miss.

You can purchase color wands for $8 and have a souvenir of your family-fun experience that will last long after the show ends.

Times: 10:10pm nightly (when park closes at 10pm)

Length: 30 minutes

Show Run: May 20th-Sept 4th (Saturday’s only after Labor Day)

This is good to hear. Even with the improvements in 2013(?), the show has been kind of beat for a while. The effects were over exaggerated and the show really didn't change a whole lot. If they are committed to keeping the show for a while, the park should try to upgrade it whenever they can.

Hopefully they'll change up the soundtrack to include some more music for all ages, not just the new junk. Also, they could use some of the new effects a little more. What was described as a "100 foot water screen" ended up being 1-2 splashes of water during the show.

Because of college it has been a while since I have posted on this thread. With that being said I have a list of questions that hopefully can be answered.

- How is the repaint of Mind Eraser going?

- Have parts arrived for Ride Of Steel's new train?

- Have parts arrived for Ripcurl?

- Any new rumors lately?

Because of college it has been a while since I have posted on this thread. With that being said I have a list of questions that hopefully can be answered.

- How is the repaint of Mind Eraser going?

- Have parts arrived for Ride Of Steel's new train?

- Have parts arrived for Ripcurl?

- Any new rumors lately?

All unknown.

Hopefully with the nice weather we are having and the continued nice weather in the forecast, they can get some of these and other projects taken care of.

As to what is and what isn't being done, now that Doug no longer works for the park, we don't have the inside view of what is happening. If anyone happens to live by the park, or drive by, see if you can spot anything.

I would guess Ripcurl should start work pretty soon though

I think your assumption is backwards. Those crates are big enough to hold a couple of coaster cars, which come mostly assembled from the manufacturer. Water slide parts come on trucks and not in crates, which parts usually cannot fit in anyways.

If each crate has 2 cars and there are 4 crates, that would be a full train.

Speaking of the delivery of the train for Ride Of Steel; a photo trip report from a preview of SFNE this year showed the new trains on Superman : The Ride and if I remember correctly these are the same models as the one coming to Ride Of Steel. So consider this a preview (The second photo is slightly innacurate as there will be no headrest).

898512274_sfne20media20day20201620022_zps76punrwr.thumb.jpg.f71fa79b5c1e8e88ddeb5f34572d75f4.jpg

1913626_981763978527912_936149837317824479_n_zpspuzfcno9.jpg.193513a7f24ee20da5d3b267e0d5353a.jpg

Speaking of the delivery of the train for Ride Of Steel; a photo trip report from a preview of SFNE this year showed the new trains on Superman : The Ride and if I remember correctly these are the same models as the one coming to Ride Of Steel. So consider this a preview (The second photo is slightly innacurate as there will be no headrest).

These trains are not new. They are the same as bizarro, but are getting different headrests and they repainted the restraints. Still the same old train with a row missing.