TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

The new water slide is named RipCurl Racer.

Aw man, I hoping for the "Rainbow Mountain" name for it, but "RipCurl Racer" sounds better, but I hope that Darien Lake gets the slides in the colors of teal, blue, yellow and, lime green so that the slides can be a little bit of a "throwback" to Barracuda Bay.

Aw man, I hoping for the "Rainbow Mountain" name for it, but "RipCurl Racer" sounds better, but I hope that Darien Lake gets the slides in the colors of teal, blue, yellow and, lime green so that the slides can be a little bit of a "throwback" to Barracuda Bay.

readImage?iid=9669459

Okay, I'm just going to get this out of the way now...

Maybe Cedar Point is selling Shoot The Rapids to Darien Lake so they can put it in the old Cuda Falls spot and have two log flumes next to each other?

I know this post is very sarcastic but this post requires more shots than just 3...

Personally, I think that the "Ripcurl Racer" name sounds awful. I don't really like how the word "Ripcurl" sounds.. But that's just me. Aside from that, does anyone know when they might update their map on the parks website? I'm always intereted to see the new maps.

I like the name alot. I am hoping for a good color scheme. I also like the 42 inch height requirement and the fact that this will be in a separate area in the park to spread out the crowds. My 5 year old son is even excited to try this!

I like the name alot. I am hoping for a good color scheme. I also like the 42 inch height requirement and the fact that this will be in a separate area in the park to spread out the crowds. My 5 year old son is even excited to try this!

I'm assuming the color scheme will resemble that of the one within the rides logo itself. Looking at that though, the logo only shows 4 lanes. But I'm assuming the one at Darien is going to be the 6 lane model so I'm not that sure how accurate the logo actually is...

image.thumb.png.630b0b72954ff8d73abd10d50735c19c.png

Also, I can see where the name of this ride would make sense according to a quick Google search

image.jpeg.5b78bdefa8c0a8b829628fdb0cacc337.jpeg

I'm assuming the color scheme will resemble that of the one within the rides logo itself. Looking at that though, the logo only shows 4 lanes. But I'm assuming the one at Darien is going to be the 6 lane model so I'm not that sure how accurate the logo actually is...

I'm actually really digging the logo. Simplistic but not *too* simplistic. I like it

I haven't been on for a long while... Anything new for Darien this year?? Has the Ranger been removed?? Has anyone cleaned up the junk out of the park ie.. Cuda falls, and junk coaster pieces??

I believe that Ranger has been removed from the park by now, Rolling Thunder Super Loop ride and Brain Drain slides were new last year, but so for the only thing that's new this year is RipCurl Racers water slide going in the former SplashTown Entrance that was located outside the park. So far 'Cuda Falls, that rusted pile of roller coaster tracks from Six Flags Astroworld, and Floodgate Falls are still rotting away.

Logically speaking why would the park spend money to clean up something that is not used for the park and that 99.9% of the guests dont care about? Wouldn't you want to see the park put money into new attractions and overall improvements inside the park instead? If its in the park and on viable land like Ranger sure, but it takes money and manpower to remove junk at the very least.

Just my opinion.. I think the Ranger should have just been converted to a Rainbow.. The Great escape in lake George did the same thing with their Ranger. Rainbow parts are more easy available than the Ranger, and the park wouldn't have to spend too much on construction.

Just my opinion.. I think the Ranger should have just been converted to a Rainbow.. The Great escape in lake George did the same thing with their Ranger. Rainbow parts are more easy available than the Ranger, and the park wouldn't have to spend too much on construction.

Might I ask, does Huss still make Rainbow rides?

Might I ask, does Huss still make Rainbow rides?

No they don't. Great Escape's Rainbow has been gone for 7 or 8 years now. It turned into a maintenance nightmare toward the end of it's life. It's not even an option to convert a Ranger to a Rainbow. Great Escape did that back in 1986/1987.