TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Got my season pass renewal email... souvenir cup refills are $1.25 next year and the pass is $64.99, $59.99 last year.

Still pretty cheap to me, so the is hardly necessary in my opinion. Two hours down the road in a smaller park they sold them at $89.99 in 2015 and there were hardly any significant complaints. If my inside knowledge is correct, that price will increase in 2016 as well. Darien Lake has great value for an enthusiast with a Season Pass as I'm sure an enthusiast would use the pass 5+ times for a price less than two visits at full price.

Got my season pass renewal email... souvenir cup refills are $1.25 next year and the pass is $64.99, $59.99 last year.

Still pretty cheap to me, so the is hardly necessary in my opinion. Two hours down the road in a smaller park they sold them at $89.99 in 2015 and there were hardly any significant complaints. If my inside knowledge is correct, that price will increase in 2016 as well. Darien Lake has great value for an enthusiast with a Season Pass as I'm sure an enthusiast would use the pass 5+ times for a price less than two visits at full price.

It was a somewhat sarcastic . Although as a family of four its costing me $80 more this year (youngest didnt need on this year)

Yes it did make mention of the meal plan. It also said something about discounts at other parks with details to follow, or something to that effect. That to me is a clear indication that the park will not be owned by CNL next year and will have one owner with other parks and no management company in the middle. That in itself makes me happy and ready to renew now. They also have a great deal to buy now and pay in February, which is pretty cool

It didnt say other parks, it was bring a friend discounts.

It was a somewhat sarcastic . Although as a family of four its costing me $80 more this year (youngest didnt need on this year)

I'm not surprised by the increase considering NYS minimum wage goes up to $9.00 at the end of this year.

If anyone is going to the park this weekend it may be an opportunity to look for thing like fresh paint or any small land clearings. With the park being closed during the week with nice weather, they could be getting a few projects taken care of early. Remember they started painting Mind Eraser in May before the park opened daily for the season and were going to finish in the fall.

^Yep, I went today for my father's company picnic, and I had an amazing time despite the rain and cold. Probably one of my best visits this year because of no wait times. I found some interesting things today...

Kudos to the operators, maintenance, and the lifeguards (who were forced to work today despite the weather) for friendly great service.

RoS was struggling all day but maintenance was fighting through the delays. Due to the wet weather the train kept overshooting the gates and needed to be reset. Somebody also almost got Raptored hopping the fence to save a coupon for a free popcorn. The ride was somewhat painful because of the rain hitting me in the face.

Twister is also back open. It seems like the gondola brakes have been fixed because the car was stopping and I got a good cycle with 5 flips. The interesting part of today's trip was that all of Ranger's signage is now gone. The switchbacks also are gone and there is a seating/smoking area there now. I'll post a picture later.

All together, a very good day. I'm pressed for time now and will post more later.

Okay, I'm not so clear or sure on this so:

What's exactly wrong with Ranger? But there's no doubt it's going bye-bye now

It's an old ride and Huss no longer makes Ranger rides, so finding parts for Ranger is becoming scarce and knowing Darien Lake they probably had Ranger closed all season long.

They sure did have Ranger closed all season. I think most if not all of us expected Ranger to be gone when the park opens next year, but this pretty much confirms that.

As for something in that space, it may be an area they could let sit for a while with just simple grass maintenance. It is not a super busy corner of the park, so they could opt to not put something in that spot for now. Plus it borders the maintenance area, so the expansion possibilities there are very limited to a flat ride.

Here it is...

1587998080_20150912_1224391.thumb.jpg.0e9883aa9ab98dbb5b3ec0178bf7dcfe.jpg

Other than this the ride is pretty much untouched. One of the panels in front of the motor housing has been removed, and there is a large hose laying in front of the cabin. It possibly could be to remove hydraulic oil from the system. Probably a good chance the ride will be completely gone by next year.

Hopefully the park keeps up with the pattern of replacing a ride with another ride. A family ride would be nice back there seeing it's a family area.

I agree. With it being Rowdy Ridge, a matching themed family ride would fit in. I would also like another thrill ride though, but well, who doesn't? (I didn't say rollercoaster as well, that's unlikely in the first year of new ownership)

Hope to get more info/pics from people going this month to see any changes even if it's just little things. Even things about the Harvest Fest, I'd like to know how that goes too.

I am pretty sure that rolling thunder was meant to replace Ranger. The two rides basically do the exact same thing so why add the Zamperla Hawk? I would totally add another family type ride and another locker area to help with grizzly run.

I am pretty sure that rolling thunder was meant to replace Ranger. The two rides basically do the exact same thing so why add the Zamperla Hawk? I would totally add another family type ride and another fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo area to help with grizzly run.

Well, you could see it as the replacement for UFO too.

The Ranger is getting removed from Darien now for sure... Some of y'all are nuts .. YOU DON"T NEED ANY MORE FAMILY RIDES!! 3/4 of the non up pay flat rides are Family rides. Lasso, Hay maker, Giant Wheel, Pirate, Silver Bullet, Antique cars, Scrambler, Corn Popper, Sleigh Ride, Moose ride, Heave hoe ride, and Hornet ride. Now lets look at (Flat Thrill Rides) Non up pay. Twister, Blastoff, and Rolling Thunder. GEEZ See what I'm getting at here It's unfair to the big kids..... I say just move an existing Family ride to Rowdy's ridge maybe the scrambler, or Hay Maker to keep the family theme.... Coasters, and Thrill Flats are what the park needs... We all know that HFE had a new coaster, and Giant Frisbee ride in mind for the park... If they get it back I can see those plans going back into motion...

They could always move fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo from the old building across from Silver Bullet to under Ranger's queue. Then they could tear that building down and look to expand out over the hill.

Makes perfect sense given that Grizzly Run is basically right there and I've seen people come off that ride drenched (which is why I have never ridden it - I don't mind getting a little wet or semi-soaked but not completely head to toe soaked).

They could always move fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo from the old building across from Silver Bullet to under Ranger's queue. Then they could tear that building down and look to expand out over the hill.

Makes perfect sense given that Grizzly Run is basically right there and I've seen people come off that ride drenched (which is why I have never ridden it - I don't mind getting a little wet or semi-soaked but not completely head to toe soaked).

If Darien Lake moved the Barracuda Bay l.ockers, then they still would be short on l.ockers, so my suggestion for Darien Lake is to add more l.ockers in the park. On a related note regarding the former Barracuda Bay l.ocker house, sure they can move the l.ockers from said building to elsewhere in the park since the former Barracuda Bay l.ocker house itself is also a good place for another in park Tim Hortons, a food stand, a gift shop, a game stand/arcade, or even moving the family care center to there.