TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Facebook page officially stated in a comment that the track across the street will never be constructed at Darien Lake (shocking!) and they sort of teased about lights on the giant wheel possibly coming, mentioning new lights on scrambler and the new ride and "maybe they will finally get around to that giant wheel everyone is taking about"

Is the water park still going to be included with park admission this year?

Yes. And we just got daily tickets up online! You can purchase at http://DarienLake.com/?keyword=daily%20tickets

Any info on other park updates that arent related to the new rides?

Well, in general, we've reached the part of the year where things are becoming really active inside the park. Some buildings are getting fresh paint, rides are getting re-assembled and inspected, merchandise is being stocked, new tech systems are coming online, ect.

Truthfully, I'm not too up-to-date with everything simply because it's hard to get away from the desk and into the park this time of year. But every department is really working hard and kicking butt this year, and I have a good feeling about this season.

I think I saw that a few former Dip 'n' Dot locations have returned, plus a new one, so be sure to stop by and ask them about our 2016 project.

I think I saw that a few former Dip 'n' Dot locations have returned, plus a new one, so be sure to stop by and ask them about our 2016 project.

Are the Dip 'n' Dots served with a side of Outrageous Park Rumor for only an additional 50 cents?

Can't wait to check out the new additions and upgrades.

Yes. And we just got daily tickets up online! You can purchase at http://DarienLake.com/?keyword=daily%20tickets

Well, in general, we've reached the part of the year where things are becoming really active inside the park. Some buildings are getting fresh paint, rides are getting re-assembled and inspected, merchandise is being stocked, new tech systems are coming online, ect.

Truthfully, I'm not too up-to-date with everything simply because it's hard to get away from the desk and into the park this time of year. But every department is really working hard and kicking butt this year, and I have a good feeling about this season.

To be more specific, are any of the coasters getting long overdue paint that youve noticed or heard?

Interesting to see that Darien Lake is already teasing a 2016 project. Are you allowed to give any hints about any of the characteristics of this project?

Edit : (Sorry, my computer did something weird and I accidentally double posted)

Interesting to see that Darien Lake is already teasing a 2016 project. Are you allowed to give any hints about any of the characteristics of this project?

I hope it's something to fill in the empty plot of land that was Barracuda Bay!

Trust me, if they want you to ask this far out, chances are that it will be something good. I am sure they would not be putting out teasers this early if they were adding a tilt-a-whirl.

Trust me, if they want you to ask this far out, chances are that it will be something good. I am sure they would not be putting out teasers this early if they were adding a tilt-a-whirl.

Ok I'll bite.. What have they been asking? I have heard the rumors of Lighting up the wheel. What els is on the discussion board?

At this point, just about anything could be on the table. There is more than enough time to plan and build a major coaster or do a major overhaul to any section of the park. For all we know they very well could be surveying today...

The Gerstlauer spinning coasters are everywhere. I think a Premier (Sky Rocket?) like Sky Rocket at Kennywood, Chance Hyper GT-X (Lightning Run at KK), or Mack launched (Manta at Sea World San Diego) would be a good choice for them.

The Gerstlauer spinning coasters are everywhere.

There's a reason for that. They're reliable, great family coasters that are a hell of a lot of fun. It's hard to ride one without smiling/laughing the whole duration of the ride.

The Gerstlauer spinning coasters are everywhere.

There's a reason for that. They're reliable, great family coasters that are a hell of a lot of fun. It's hard to ride one without smiling/laughing the whole duration of the ride.

Oh, certainly. I just meant there are better choices I would pick for my home park, considering I could go to so many places to ride a spinner. Makes visiting the other parks more worthwhile too.