TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

CNL has nothing to do with the operating budget. Only thing they really have a say in is the capital budget.

You work for Darien am I correct DarkMaxim?

Formerly a part of leadership.

And CNL isn't necessarily selling everything. Basically their goal is to "provide liquidity to their investors". They can do two thing, sell everything and dissolve the REIT, or transition to a publicly traded corporation. They have sold a big chunk of their properties, its still possible they make go the corporation route with a smaller portfolio. But at this point it does look like they're going for dissolution.

I wish Cedar Fair would buy it. I could use my CP season pass there too.

This won't happen, but it brings up an interesting point: I bought a Cedar Fair platinum pass at the end of last season. The deal from Cedar Point was worth it, and I was going to Halloweekends anyway, as I do every year. I also bought a Darien season pass when they were on sale for $60 back in December. If Cedar Fair were to buy Darien Lake (and this won't happen - let me stress that), would I be reimbursed for my Darien Lake season pass by virtue of my Cedar Fair platinum pass? Let the discussions begin!

At least Rolling Thunder's colors aren't as bad as Mind Eraser and Ride of Steel's colors have become, but frankly I think that Rolling Thunder would have looked better in lime green and orange than lime green and a rather ugly shade of blue/purple.

At least Rolling Thunder's colors aren't as bad as Mind Eraser and Ride of Steel's colors have become, but frankly I think that Rolling Thunder would have looked better in lime green and orange than lime green and a rather ugly shade of blue/purple.

Apparently Royal Blue is ugly now.

On a different note. It looks to me that they have the LEDs on both sides of the "track" or whatever you want to call it (No I am not referring to it as a coaster). That was one of the things I was a little worried about. I didnt want it to end up like Cedar Point's giant wheel with lights on one side. At least there the wheel is on the side of the park. Rolling thunder is within the park with guests able to see it easily on both sides. I'm honestly relieved. and that testing video showed some fun looking patterns. I cant wait to see this thing at night!

Royal Blue and gold would have tied in with the Sabres, but I suppose they didn't want it to crash and burn. But Vancouver colors? How are they doing this season? I love it when they make the Finals, because they're always so entertaining when they lose.

Royal Blue and gold would have tied in with the Sabres, but I suppose they didn't want it to crash and burn. But Vancouver colors? How are they doing this season? I love it when they make the Finals, because they're always so entertaining when they lose.

Having the colors be anything related to Buffalo sports teams would most certainly result in catastrophic failure!

Park reciprocal offers generally don't become effective until one season after a management change. So, theoretically, if that happened, platinum passes wouldn't be accepted until 2016.

Doug, is there any talk around running rides with two trains?

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428705083.978291.jpg[/attachment]

I'm obviously bias. But I like the color. I think the green is vibrant and the blue complements it well.

But to each their own.

Nice Instagram today, we can almost see your nose hairs

[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428705083.978291.jpg[/attachment]

I'm obviously bias. But I like the color. I think the green is vibrant and the blue complements it well.

But to each their own.

You should see the outtakes... Lol!

Park reciprocal offers generally don't become effective until one season after a management change. So, theoretically, if that happened, platinum passes wouldn't be accepted until 2016.

Going to defer answering this question for now. That doesn't mean "no" though! Expect an update soon.

Anyway, here's a construction photo to tie you guys over. Steel should start flying today. And check out our Facebook and Twitter for some fiberglass action this afternoon.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429543441.352076.jpg[/attachment]

Nice picture . Will Brain Drain have a separate queue, or will Brain Drain's queue be connected to the queue for Swirl City?

[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428705083.978291.jpg[/attachment]

But to each their own.

You should see the outtakes... Lol!

Going to defer answering this question for now. That doesn't mean "no" though! Expect an update soon.

Anyway, here's a construction photo to tie you guys over. Steel should start flying today. And check out our Facebook and Twitter for some fiberglass action this afternoon.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429543441.352076.jpg[/attachment]

Understandable, thanks for keeping us in the loop. You clearly love your job and it reflects in the work you do. Well done!