TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

This will probably be the only new addition seeing that it was the only thing proposed in the town board meeting. But it's better then nothing. At least it will fill in a hole that needs a ride.

It also makes me think that Ranger is being removed because the new ride basically does the same thing just on a track. Once ownership changes hands then we will see a big project.

And with this announcement, they are claiming to add a roller coaster, which should help bring crowds. They will probably be very dissapointed crowds, but crowds nonetheless. I am pretty sure that just about all SF parks that are not getting real roller coasters next year are getting these rides

And I totally agree that this probably will replace Ranger, just in a different location. It is not the greatest, but it sure is better than nothing. Plus they already have the spot picked out, and I net installation would take a few weeks max.

Though it is kind of a dissapointment that this is (apparently) all they're adding in 2015... at least it seems to have a cool lighting package... though with our luck, if this doesnt come standard it will just be left in the dark like the Giant Wheel... Maybe we'll get lucky and with this ride they will announce a few housekeeping changes. Is it too late for new pavement over in that section? New ride new walkway - I like that mentality. Yet again I guess time will tell.

1.png.d69568334d6eaeaf32bc4d44a4a644c8.png

Yes this may be the only new ride, but there is always the possibilty for other things for next year. They could easily paint, pave or almost anything else. They could even add lights to the giant wheel. I am going to be hopeful that the new management will do what is best with what cash they are given from above.

I could imagine Martin's Fantasy Island getting a 400 foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride and Seabreeze getting a 300 foot foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride.

Yeah I can definitely see a 400 foot tall flat ride being built at Martin's Fantasy Island. Because a park that charges $27 for admission is just rolling in the dough.

But still I think the loop ride should have gone in where 'Cuda Falls was!

*takes drink*

I could imagine Martin's Fantasy Island getting a 400 foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride and Seabreeze getting a 300 foot foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride.

Yeah I can definitely see a 400 foot tall flat ride being built at Martin's Fantasy Island. Because a park that charges $27 for admission is just rolling in the dough.

I was being sarcastic about Martin's Fantasy Island and Seabreeze getting larger Larson Super/Giant Loop rides than Darien Lake's proposed 73 foot tall Larson loop ride.

I just heard about Darien Lake adding Super Loop in 2015 from coaster studios! Looks like a good fit for the park.

That was already posted a few pages ago.

I don't think he was implying that he was breaking news, only that he just heard of it.

Anyway, Larson sure is having a good year.

^While smaller models have been around since the 90s, Elitch Gardens got this size last year (I'm not sure if any other parks have the 22M model). Given that Darien Lake and Elitch Gardens are now both operated by Premier Parks, the addition isn't all that surprising.

For a park like Darien Lake, a super loop is an excellent fit. Hopefully it's the first step to a recovery for the park, as from what I've read on here it seems to have gone downhill over the past couple of years.

If this is the year of reinventing carnival rides at theme parks, it's too bad they couldn't have chosen something cooler like a Skydiver, Zipper or Rock-O-Plane.

First flying scooters, now super loops, it almost seems like anything is possible. I wouldn't mind the Zipper. However it seems like they are at carnivals all over the place.

If the Super Loop does get approval, I wonder what Darien Lake's going to name it? I'm thinking something Wild West or woodsy

Here are some ideas

. Rodeo Round-Up

. Looping Eagle

. Campfire Ring

. Niagara Falls Barrel Roller Coaster

. X-Hawk

Well, the Super Loop really isn't much of an addition, but considering how this park has been treated over the past few years, I guess it's better than nothing.

Is CNL still considering selling Darien Lake, because with CNL's refusal to inject any money into this park, it would really be better off in almost any other park chain.

Is CNL still considering selling Darien Lake, because with CNL's refusal to inject any money into this park, it would really be better off in almost any other park chain.

I should hope that CNL sells Darien Lake to Premier Parks or otherwise they'll bring Darien Lake into the depths Davy Jones' Locker!

Frankly I think that Premier Parks would be the idea owner for Darien Lake since it was brought back by Ex-CEOs of Six Flags.

I need some help on information on some old water slides that were at Darien Lake, but are not longer there. They were located behind 'Cuda Falls where Slingshot is now. The slides operated from 1990 to 1998 an were removed in 1999. If anyone has information and/or photos of the old slides that would be heplful for me.

Are these the slides that you speak of? I found these in a brochure from New Wave Rides that I picked up in the early 90's sometime and thought that they might be what you're looking for.

I need some help on information on some old water slides that were at Darien Lake, but are not longer there. They were located behind 'Cuda Falls where Slingshot is now. The slides operated from 1990 to 1998 an were removed in 1999. If anyone has information and/or photos of the old slides that would be helpful for me.

Are these the slides that you speak of? I found these in a brochure from New Wave Rides that I picked up in the early 90's sometime and thought that they might be what you're looking for.

Yes, those are that slides that I was referring to. My any gripe with the picture is that they misspelled "Darien", but at least we now have photographic evidence of the slides' existence!

If the Super Loop does get approval, I wonder what Darien Lake's going to name it? I'm thinking something Wild West or woodsy

Here are some ideas

. Rodeo Round-Up

. Looping Eagle

. Campfire Ring

. X-Hawk

If they name the ride 'Campfire Ring' I would personally eat my hat.

Here are some ideas

. Rodeo Round-Up

. Looping Eagle

. Campfire Ring

. X-Hawk

If they name the ride 'Campfire Ring' I would personally eat my hat.

I'm sorry, but I'm no good with coming with names for thrill rides with a woodsy theme!

But I go some more name ideas for Darien Lake's Super Loop

. Lazer Loop

. 360 Loop Coaster

. Xtreme Thrill Machine of Doom

. Dragon Wing

. Beastie Thriller Coaster

. Son of Viper