TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

... so moving away from that...

It looks like the Facebook page still has nothing new on it in reference to the 2015 season other than a crap load of Season Pass plugs... This is making me wonder if they're gonna do what Cedar Point did with Rougarou and soft release it on youtube or if they're gonna set a date for an actual announcement / press release like with the Nik Wallenda thing. I just hope it isnt gonna be the same deal as with 2014. I understand entertainment is important but I feel as if they (at this moment) need to work on their ride line up. Just my opinion. Hopefully they stay true to what they said and "After the New Year" doesn't mean any time from January 1st to Opening Weekend... that's my biggest concern. I guess we shall see how everything plays out.

My guess on an announcement will depend on how big of an announcement it will be. If it will be a decent announcement that will generate buzz and sell season passes or create hotel/campground bookings now, it will come before Febbruary 1st. If this will be a ho-hum announcement, it will probably come in march or April.

Maybe when they make an announcement, they will tell us that they removed the Ranger, and taking its place will be...

I do think they will add some sort of flat ride next year, and if Ranger cannot be fixed, they should replace it with something fairly similar. I also would really like to see the old el dorado from Geauga Lake come to the park. I thought it was a very cool ride. Plus it is for sale on the used flat ride website

I do think they will add some sort of flat ride next year, and if Ranger cannot be fixed, they should replace it with something fairly similar. I also would really like to see the old el dorado from Geauga Lake come to the park. I thought it was a very cool ride. Plus it is for sale on the used flat ride website

Not sure what kind of condition El Dorado is in since Kings Dominion only had it for a few short years before removing it. That makes me think it might have become a maintenance nightmare. It would be a cool ride to have, especially with the views you'd get when the vehicle is stopped at the top.

I'm not expecting anything for next season, especially with a recent change in management. I would like to be proven wrong though.

I did not know El Dorado was actually instaled at another park after GL. That would suggest either poor ridership or maintenance issues. The views at the top would be pretty cool though.

On the huss rangers. I think the one at DL was the last in north america. There may be some in Europe, but I think ours was the last in North America.

I know MFI already sold their over the falls ride. If you drive by the park, the entire trailer is gone.

^Wow...I did not know that MFI sold or had gotten rid of 'Over the Falls'. I had heard that they couldn't run it at capacity for weight reasons or something, but I wouldn't have thought that they would have removed it after just one season.

It's no longer listed on Ital International's website, but it did say previously that Over the Falls was indeed SOLD...I know this is the Darien Lake thread (I wish there was an MFI thread, especially for the fact that they have a decent investment plan for 2015) but the possibilities for it's eventual replacement are endless! I do think a custom Hyper-GTX from Chance Rides would be perfect since they have the log flume space completely available plus additional acreage to play around with.

So with the fact that MFI is adding 2 new rides in 2015, maybe 3, and likely has a Silver Comet sized or bigger investment coming in the near future, this is a park I actually recommend keeping your eyes and ears open for some BIG news soon!

And in regards to the "maybe 3" in my post, did anyone hear anything else about 2015 at MFI (excluding Rock N' Roll and the unnamed Drop N' Twist tower, except for height info on the latter)?

It's no longer listed on Ital International's website, but it did say previously that Over the Falls was indeed SOLD...I know this is the Darien Lake thread (I wish there was an MFI thread, especially for the fact that they have a decent investment plan for 2015) but the possibilities for it's eventual replacement are endless! I do think a custom Hyper-GTX from Chance Rides would be perfect since they have the log flume space completely available plus additional acreage to play around with.

So with the fact that MFI is adding 2 new rides in 2015, maybe 3, and likely has a Silver Comet sized or bigger investment coming in the near future, this is a park I actually recommend keeping your eyes and ears open for some BIG news soon!

And in regards to the "maybe 3" in my post, did anyone hear anything else about 2015 at MFI (excluding Rock N' Roll and the unnamed Drop N' Twist tower, except for height info on the latter)?

Here is the deal with Discussion Threads, myself or another moderator will create one for a smaller park is one of two conditions exist.

1) The park announces a really big ride. Someone starts a thread about the addition. We will let the discussion revolve around the ride for a bit then the moderators turn it into a Park Discussion Thread.

2) If over the years we see multiple news thread for an individual park, then we will aggregate them into a Park Discussion Thread. It's pretty telling that park has two news rides for 2015 and no one took the effort to make a new thread to discuss. That tells me and the other moderators that a Discussion Thread isn't necessary at this time.

Over the falls seemed to have a very negative perception with the guests, the guests didn't like it and it didn't hold enough people. If they made it an extra charge attraction that would have caused a nightmare because no one would have paid to go on it, do you pay for those extra charge attractions at the fair that aren't included with a wristband...... I know I never have. Plus they would also lose the ability to advertise the park as all inclusive and affordable. Everyone just wanted the old ugly log ride back. I think MFI should stick with the family friendly theme instead of trying to install the biggest and the best.

I need some help on information on some old water slides that were at Darien Lake, but are not longer there. They were located behind 'Cuda Falls where Slingshot is now. The slides operated from 1990 to 1998 an were removed in 1999. If anyone has information and/or photos of the old slides that would be heplful for me.

I could imagine Martin's Fantasy Island getting a 400 foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride and Seabreeze getting a 300 foot foot tall Larson Super/Giant Loop ride. But still I think the loop ride should have gone in where 'Cuda Falls was!