TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^It is amusing when parks try to create buzz like this and then when they actually announce something it is meh!

From what i'm hearing about what Darien Lake's getting in 2015, it's either going to be a family or kiddie ride, a show line up, or a new restaurant. Nothing really interesting!

If HFE was still managing the park i could see those additions happening. With new management, it is hard to say exactly what will happen. I could very easily see a new flat ride along with a new water slide complex though. They would be very easy to install before the park opens, and they already have spaces for them without having to make major changes to the park.

Season Pass vouchers just came in the mail. There are some new perks included this year.

-Souvenir mugs are now INCLUDED with a regular season pass, and there is 99 cent refills.

-3 friend tickets

- Free parking

- New "dive-in" movies

- Coupon book

Also, passholders get early entrance to Splashtown, discounts, preview day, and pre-sale to concerts.

Nothing mentioned about the happiness guarantees, which is a good thing, as it was poorly ran last year. Premier has already added some nice features to season passes, as well as keeping the already good ones made by Herschend. The voucher, as expected, does not mention any new additions, but Premier in my opinion is already on track of things.

Season Pass vouchers just came in the mail. There are some new perks included this year.

-Souvenir mugs are now INCLUDED with a regular season pass, and there is 99 cent refills.

-3 friend tickets

- Free parking

- New "dive-in" movies

- Coupon book

Also, passholders get early entrance to Splashtown, discounts, preview day, and pre-sale to concerts.

Nothing mentioned about the happiness guarantees, which is a good thing, as it was poorly ran last year. Premier has already added some nice features to season passes, as well as keeping the already good ones made by Herschend. The voucher, as expected, does not mention any new additions, but Premier in my opinion is already on track of things.

I think the free mug with $0.99 refills is going to be a better value for a lot of Season Pass holders when compared to the Coke Pass last year, which came at a premium.

The only caveat is that pass holders need to visit on or before May 25th, 2015, to pick up the mug. So keep that in mind and visit early!

I'm also excited for "dive-in" movies. I'm more of a "dry park" guy myself, but this sounds great for families and guests staying on-property. I know they did a couple weekends of short films on the "laser lawn" during the fall this year and it seemed to be a hit with those staying in the campground.

I am about 99% sure that ^ will not be happening.

I would however say that this doesnt surprise me all that much. Remebering when Premier originally owned the park, they ran it very well. Their additions were on point and did alot of good things to the park. Where they ran into problems was when they bought SF and couldnt keep up with a very large chain of parks like that.

I am very optimistic for what they have to bring to the park in the future. I think this season pass teaser is just the first in a long line of good things coming, as long as CNL gives them the money to make their vision happen.

Also, i was just thinking, if CNL wants to sell all their parks as a group, there would really be no individual park price most likely. If premeir was smart, they could buy all the parks from CNL and turn around and sell just DL to HFE, knowing how much they want the one park, and recoup a portion of their overall costs. Just a thought...

I have no hope right now on CNL selling Darien Lake to Herschend Family Entertainment. I've gave my hopes up on that theory when Premier took over managing Darien Lake just like I've gave my hopes on a lot of things for Darien Lake!

Edited by DarienLaker

-3 friend tickets

- Free parking

- New "dive-in" movies

- Coupon book

I think the free mug with $0.99 refills is going to be a better value for a lot of Season Pass holders when compared to the Coke Pass last year, which came at a premium.

The only caveat is that pass holders need to visit on or before May 25th, 2015, to pick up the mug. So keep that in mind and visit early!

I'm also excited for "dive-in" movies. I'm more of a "dry park" guy myself, but this sounds great for families and guests staying on-property. I know they did a couple weekends of short films on the "laser lawn" during the fall this year and it seemed to be a hit with those staying in the campground.

I did not get the Coke Pass last year, but it would have saved a lot of money if I bought drinks from the park. I usually just drink water that I bring from home. But seeing that the mug is free, I'll probably start buying soft drinks. I think that this will be a huge hit with guests, and it will boost customer happiness.

I wonder if Darien Lake is going to put a pool in Galaxy Theater for the Dive-In Movies?

Ummm, no. And I don't think that the movies will be in any of the lakes or Floodgate Falls either.... Is this trolling or was that a serious comment?

I REALLY hope they can keep improving this park, last time I was there I was pretty disappointed in the experience.

The last two times I went to DL were kind of a disappointment for me, but still in all it's my home park and I pretty much go there once a year. I really hope that the new Premier Parks buys it from CNL!

^Not quite, I wouldn't read too much into those little snippets if you don't know the specifics. "Underperforming tenants" doesn't necessarily describe their operators, and in any case, of course they're going to spin operator turn-overs into a positive move in their filings. Obviously they aren't going to publicly talk about any behind-the-scenes haggling and disputes.

So HFE didn't leave, CNL was sick of them underperforming and kicked them out in favor of premier.

Too bad HFE wasn't given the time and financial resources to fully implement their plan. If anything, the company who thought their tenant was underperforming should look in the mirror.

So HFE didn't leave, CNL was sick of them underperforming and kicked them out in favor of premier.

Too bad HFE wasn't given the time and financial resources to fully implement their plan. If anything, the company who thought their tenant was underperforming should look in the mirror.

It's a shame that CNL decided to give HFE "the boot" just because they were underperforming and I though HFE was doing a good job of trying fix up Darien Lake after Six Flags and PARC made a "mess" at the park, but now that "mess" at Darien Lake is now in the hands of Premier once again and it's up to them to "clean up" whatever's left that "mess" left from the previous managements.

I agree that this sounds like CNL trying to explain their reasoning for disolving the relationship with HFE. There is always two sides to the story, and this is no different. I am sure HFE is probably saying they left because CNL would not give them the capital to do what they wanted to, and would not sell them the park outright in order for them to put their own cash into the park.

My only hope is that Premier adds some good rides and brings more people into the park. Hopefully we will find out what is happening for 2015 shortly as they did say announcements will happen after the first of the year. Lets just hope its not the announcement of the new management.

^ We should probably take the "After the New Year" comment with a grain of salt here. Lets not forget it was a comment made off of a guests post. it wasnt made official. "After the New Year" could be anything from January 1st to May 8th right before the park opens... How long did the Rowdy's Ridge announcement take again? March? When they said they would be announcing their new attractions early in the year... They never specifically set a date to announce anything in that case. Just as they have yet to in this case.

I hope they announce a 2nd train and a new name for Ride Of Steel. Or at least new colors.

Same here, but i'm hoping that they'll announce two train operations and all coasters (except for the kiddie one and Boomerang) and new colors for Ride of Steel and Mind Eraser!

The two train operation unfortunately does not make for a great announcement for anyone other than enthusiasts. Most general park guest would not make their decision to go to the park based on two train operation.

I do however like the idea of a new name and possibly new colors on ROS. Also, consider that the ride was added to the park when the original Premier owned the park when they changed it over to SF. If the coaster was ever foing to be called soething other than S:ROS, we may never know, but this new Premier may, and if it was there may be able to bring it back under that name. If I recall Premier bought SF late in the year, and the transformations was very last minute, hence ROS may have already been a planned attraction, just under a different name and then was brande to fit the SF branding at the last minute. This may not be the case, but then again it sure could.