TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^But look at what Premier added in those few years. Every park they picked up eventually got a boomerang and an off-the-shelf SLC. Premier did great things for Geauga Lake prior to turning it into a Six Flags and what did we get - a boomerang and an off-the-shelf SLC (which wasn't too bad compared to others I've ridden).

I just hope that if Premeir does take over that 1) they've learned their lesson from the last time they began expanding the chain and not get in over their head with big buying spreees and 2) they start getting a bit more creative with any future additions.

Anyone been watching attendance levels lately? How has their Halloween event been working out? It sounded like DL's was a little subdued from what I read earlier. Meanwhile every other park I've seen is milking Halloween for all it's worth.

It was really busy the days that the park was open with its Halloween events, so I would assume they did good during that.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves with DL Guy's post that management is already shifting hands. No reputable official news or documents supporting his claim have been made. The line added to Wikipedia that someone quoted has no reference listed and was edited in by an anonymous user, so that's not reputable either.

Golddisk makes a very good point. I can go and anonymously change the wiki page for the buffalo sabres to say that i own them. That is one of the biggest downfalls to wikipedia.

As far as the management change, we will just have to keep our eyes out for any subtle hints in the management changes. I am thinking about things like taking the season pass page no longer talking about discounts at other HFE properties and other things that would indicate HFE management is no longer in place.

coasterkid124, could you try rendering Ride Of Steel's color scheme as silver track and black supports (Like the current colors of Walibi Holland's Xpress)?

Also thought I should mention that I sent Darien Lake an email (at their info@darienlake.com address) to ask about most of the topics discussed on this thread. Do you think I will get a reply (sent the email yesterday)?Would be nice to see if anyone has better luck with doing the same thing as I did. Really, try it, the more people then the more likely we could get a response.

coasterkid124, could you try rendering Ride Of Steel's color scheme as silver track and black supports (Like the current colors of Walibi Holland's Xpress)?

Also thought I should mention that I sent Darien Lake an email (at their info@darienlake.com address) to ask about most of the topics discussed on this thread. Do you think I will get a reply (sent the email yesterday)?Would be nice to see if anyone has better luck with doing the same thing as I did. Really, try it, the more people then the more likely we could get a response.

Annoying the crap out of the park will not make them give you a response any quicker.

I believe Lake Monster was a serious concept, but it won't happen unless HFEC gets the park. HFEC doesn't just throw out ideas willy-nilly. Every concept survey I've seen has led to a specific attraction. Usually when they present one attraction like that they have already made their decision and just want to gauge general feedback so they know how to market it better.

Heck, anyone who ends up with the park is probably going to RMC Predator. It just seems like an obvious thing to do at this point, if it's anything like the other Dinn coasters. It looks like it has a really good profile and was probably amazing when it opened, but they just didn't build them to last. How did it ride this past season? I had heard that it was OK for awhile after they switched the trains.

Feel free to reach out, but please do not spam that email address, it is designed as a means for us to better serve our customers.

There are a lot of rumors floating around right now. When things can be addressed, they will.

Parks nearly never reply to fan mail or ideas. There is a reason for that. They have their own creative department and management usually always decides on final ideas. If every person who goes to the park floods them with emails, they won't respond at all.

As said in the post above, there is a ton of behind the scenes stuff going on. Most of it is because of the management change of course. But there are a lot of others too.

^^ I am pretty sure that post by DougMJr answers all of your questions. He probably works at the park, hence the use of the term "our customers" So park employees do look at these threads, as I think most of us already knew. Way back when it wasmat amusementgraffix, on employee even got terminated for saying something on a forum like this.

With all of that, does the park GM and other higher ups look here? Who knows?? Maybe they do and maybe they dont. Maybe the park social media person trolls these forums to see what the talk is about. Either way, don't flood the park with useless things. I am sure once everything on the back end gets worked out, they will tell us. Also, purely speculation, but it could be possible that if there were to be a management change, they coul be waiting on that announcement to make the capital expenditures announcement as well. I still beleive that the park can easily add rides for next year, just not a major coaster, but a small one could surely happen

Annoying the crap out of the park will not make them give you a response any quicker.

It's not likely for parks to get ideas from theme park fansite forums, or emails from their "fans" or the GP and take their suggestions. This is reality we're talking about and a park can't just easily repaint a ride or put in a new ride like in RCT.

Also thought I should mention that I sent Darien Lake an email (at their info@darienlake.com address) to ask about most of the topics discussed on this thread. Do you think I will get a reply (sent the email yesterday)?

No. They will probably give you some generic "Thank you for your email and interest in the park, we will announce 2015 plans shortly blah, blah, blah."

It's not likely for parks to get ideas from theme park fansite forums, or emails from their "fans" or the GP and take their suggestions. This is reality we're talking about and a park can't just easily repaint a ride or put in a new ride like in RCT.

Don't know why you quoted me. All I was saying was that emailing them constantly will not get any response.

It doesnt mean HFE will not own the park in the future. All it says is that they couldn't come to a deal both liked. HFE could, and probably will put in a bid when CNL sells the park. I am sure they liked DL as they chose to stick on managing it past their other agreements. On the flip side, I am sure they won't overpay for the park either. It's just not good business.

I really think one of the main reasons HFE was booted was because of the condition and operation of the park this year, judging by some of the posts on Dariens facebook page the gp have even nmoticed how dirty and run down the park has become. Even though CNL has most likely had tight funds and that limited what HFE could do, it still falls back on Herschend in CNL's mind. So that doesnt really mean that Herschend isnt interested it just means that CNL either wasnt happy with how things have been going at Darien, or that Herschend didnt want to operate under such a tight budget and have this park connected to their name.

I really think one of the main reasons HFE was booted was because of the condition and operation of the park this year, judging by some of the posts on Dariens facebook page the gp have even nmoticed how dirty and run down the park has become. Even though CNL has most likely had tight funds and that limited what HFE could do, it still falls back on Herschend in CNL's mind. So that doesnt really mean that Herschend isnt interested it just means that CNL either wasnt happy with how things have been going at Darien, or that Herschend didnt want to operate under such a tight budget and have this park connected to their name.

With that being said there are some really frustrating parts of the park that could be easily fixed. But, overall since HFE has been in the equation the park looks better than ever. A lot of much needed cosmetic work has been accomplished. If they started shifting towards a customer service approach in the next few years DL will be an outstanding family resort. Most days I am there the problems that occur are minor and can be overlooked and in fact most of the time I leave feeling like a had a fun experience. But there's other days as well that aren't as pleasing. However, if HFE continues on with the park I could see it truing into something really great! Do I want to see a new coaster? YES! But I would much rather see the park regain stability before moving forward on new rides. I go there like once a week with my SP, that's just my viewpoint.

Herschend wasn't booted. Their contract ended and they chose not to return because CNL either isn't ready to sell yet or is asking too much. Herschend will likely look to buy the park when it is actually up for sale. For now don't expect to see any big changes under Premier. I'm even beginning to wonder if we will get any new rides next year. The way I see it, people will be even more angry at the park if it goes two years without any new rides.

Do the general public get angry when their local park doesn't get a new ride? I don't think I have once heard someone who is not enthusiast react negatively to a park not adding a ride. If what is being said about people saying the park being dirty and rundown it sounds to me that is what they are complaining about, not that it didn't get a new coaster.

People are sick of the park overall. Last year when the Nik Wallenda show was added most people were extremely pissed because the park because they keep removing rides and not replacing them. One of the largest complaints is how the older rides keep breaking down and new ones aren't being added.

In the long run what will bring people to the park. New rides or clean bathrooms? You can't exactly run advertisements that say "New for 2015: Beautiful Bathrooms!" The GP is finally realizing that CNL doesn't care about the property, they just wanted to profit off of the investment.