TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^^ was it right at the exit, or was it hidden away a little?

I was at the Def Leppard concert yesterday but I was to hammered after the show to even know where I was. I'm going to the Motley Crue show at the end of the month and I'll see if it is still there or I can get any pictures.

The park could also be readying it for the Fright Fest display too. They might put a skeleton in a cage or something.

Yeah it sucks the ufo was a great ride. There's a few other rides I saw in the graveyard too. Not sure what they are of but I'm 100% sure of the ufo. It's near the exit of the concert parking. What a shame . That and the stand up roller coaster across the street what a waste.

Also vipers second train is under the queuing station of the ride. I find it bullshit they don't run 2 trains.

Ranger has been down for over a month.

Darien lake better pick it up

I totally missed that but after the fifth Bud Light or so, everything was sort of a blur. I know that there's another graveyard by the maintenance buildings which are right past the viper's station.

I'm starting to get worried about Ranger too. The park has been in the same situation as UFO for the last few years. It's seen a couple of minor fixes, but this may be serious. So is the current Boomerang issue.

I rode the boomerang this monday. One of th slowest lifts in the history. Barely pulling up a half empty cart creaking and rattling bad. Very bad ride. Darien lakes flats are ancient. It's sad that fantasy island has better flat rides. Ranger is the next to go.

Darien needs at least one more blast off. Lines on that are forever some times. Darien lake is falling apart. Yes some parts are looking nice. But many areas are lacking. At night its so dark there you can't even see lol. Mind eraser area the most

What map did you use to get the imagae from? My samsung tablet with ggogle maps doesnt evem show rowdys ridge in the park yet, let alone something that new. And bing maps is even worse, viper is still green on theirs...

They should be decent. I don't expect walk ons but waits should be no longer then 25-30 minutes for the major attractions. Hit Blast Off, RoS, and Viper first as those will be the longest lines. The rest of the coasters should be no problem.

If you go to the water park, go to the Big Kahuna first. Lines are always extremely long for that. Tornado and Swirl City shouldn't be too too bad.

Rides you may see closed are the Ranger, and possibly the Boomerang depending on if the lift doesn't go by next week.

They should be decent. I don't expect walk ons but waits should be no longer then 25-30 minutes for the major attractions. Hit Blast Off, RoS, and Viper first as those will be the longest lines. The rest of the coasters should be no problem.

If you go to the water park, go to the Big Kahuna first. Lines are always extremely long for that. Tornado and Swirl City shouldn't be too too bad.

Rides you may see closed are the Ranger, and possibly the Boomerang depending on if the lift doesn't go by next week.

Then I'll do Blast Off, RoS, Viper, Ranger and Boomerang (I need the credit!) first. What's good in the water park?

^^Ranger actually hasn't been open on awhile. I assume that it is an issue with the drive motors. I don't think that will be open. Boomerang is still open, however it is on the brink of breaking.

The water park is decent. I usually avoid Big Kahuna because it's not worth the wait. Swirl City has 4 pretty good slides and Tornado is always fun. There is a wave pool, lazy river, and a play area as well. But try to get on the slides as early as you can.

I'm 100% certain it's the ufo cages I was just there for the kiss concert on wednesday. Anyone can see them they are by the exit of the concert parking they are in a fence with some other extinct rides. Take a look if u don't believe me. I wish I took some photos.

They may very well be sitting there, but the fact that they are there is a good sign about the ride. If there were no plans to bring it back, why wouldn't they have scrapped the metal.

Plus, the cages are just metal pieces, the real overhaul has to be done on the motor and arm system.

As much as I would love to see UFO back in the lineup I have my doubts that it's coming back. HUSS quit manufacturing this ride years ago.

The same can go Rangers Swing Arounds (Corn Popper), Huss no longer makes these rides. Darien Lake is better off replacing the old Huss rides with newer versions of the UFO, Ranger, and Corn Popper made other manufacturers!

It's all in hydraulics. As long as the ride (cages, cross members, etc.) is in good shape still the rest isn't as hard. Pumps and lines can be interchangeable and popped in simply.

In other news, according to a friend of mine, today RoS had it's last car closed. It's bad enough that the park is only running one train, but they can't even run a full one. I wouldn't be so angry but the back car is usually where I sit. This may only be minor like a broken seatbelt.

What i hears was that when SF rmoved it they didnt do it carefully enough and brought it to DL to try to add value to the park before selling it with no intention of ever putting it up here. i dont think they labeled any of the peices to be able to put ti together again, plus i heard some of the pieces were torch cut to be removed as opposed to actually removed properly, hence rendering it as virtually useless. Even if it was in good condition,do we really want a 20 year old stand up coaster that has been in three other parks that consistently got poor reviews? i am actually very surprised they have not sold it off for scrap money yet? scrapmetal is worth alot right now, and they cou.d use that money to make improvements...unless CNL is doing what SF did in trying to say the park is worth more with it on the property as they try to sell the park as well