Let's look at the coaster lineup from my perspective:

Predator - unrideable

Mind eraser - unrideable

Boomerang - unrideable

Viper - passable, possibly rideable without significant pain

ROS - rideable but you will wait all day, then have no time for anything else

Moto coaster - rideable but boring and not worth the 45 min wait

Well, here's what I think of Darien Lake selection of coasters

Predator - Needs to be destroyed, it's rough as Heck!

Mind Eraser - Rough, but rideable

Boomerang - Meh, it's rideable!

Viper - A classic that getting a little rough in its old age!

Ride of Steel - More like "Ride of Yes!", worth the long wait, and needs a new "theme"!

Motocoaster - Rideable, but boring, not worth the long wait, and I think Darien Lake should have put it elsewhere in the park besides the campground pools!

Edited by DarienLaker

Motocoaster is definitely a ride it once been there done it kind of thing... It pretty much just shakes you side to side

Predator either needs a complete refurbishment or replacement.... And not a patch job either.... I am down with the whole lake monster idea since I love a good woodie as long as it turns out good

There must be a good amount of enthusiasts in WNY, because this thread has been living such a miserable existence for a very long time. Accept Darien Lake for what it is...it's really not THAT bad. All of the coasters are rideable, let's not over exaggerate now. If you don't like it get in your car and take a road trip. It's what $60 a season pass? That is FAIR! It's a nice little park that I would go to and spend the day in the water park alone, even with the recent removal of Cuda Falls. The park will make additions as they see fit. This might be one of the last parks I'd have any sort of crazy wish lists for but yet that's all that's discussed.

P.s. I love the Predator.

^^With all that said, I guess I should accept Darien Lake for what it is now, not for what they should do or get and make wild speculations about it. So what if I have an overzealous obsession with Darien Lake? No matter what, I'll always be a fan of Darien Lake for my name isn't "DarienLaker"!

I wish Mind Eraser and Boomerang would get new type Vekoma restraints.

I wish that Mind Eraser would get a new paint job, it's looking old and faded!

Let's be honest, Every coaster except for Motor Coaster could use some a new color scheme.

That goes double for Ride of Steel which needs a new name!

Wait hasn't predator been getting retracked for quite some time and the voyage trains cant have hurt, how is it still terrible?

Nothing about it (retracking and "new" trains) had made a difference in the ride experience on Predator, it's just old and rough. Darien Lake needs to demolish Predator and build a new wooden coaster in its place, that's what Six Flags Magic Mountain did with Psyclone!

No it did make a difference. People tend to exaggerate things. Like every other wooden coaster ive been on, sometimes you get a good ride, sometimes a bad one.

Since the new trains were added, ive had some very smooth enjoyable rides, and some that were quite rough. Similarly when I went on mean streak, I didn't find it rough at all, just rather boring.

^I agree, the Voyage trains did make a difference in the ride experience. There are still a few rough spots but it's nowhere as bad as it was with the old trailered PTC trains, which really beat you up. Granted I usually only ride Predator in the front seat for the best rides.

^I agree, the Voyage trains did make a difference in the ride experience. There are still a few rough spots but it's nowhere as bad as it was with the old trailered PTC trains, which really beat you up. Granted I usually only ride Predator in the front seat for the best rides.

If Darien Lake had kept the trailered PTC trains on Predator it would be so worse of a ride because its age, that they would have to demolish Predator!

Age doesn't mean shit. Predator is 23 years old, there about 40 wooden roller coasters over 50 years old (the oldest is 112). It's all about the maintenance, and the trains with a wooden coaster.

The old trains beat the crap out of the ride, and upkeep was bad for many years. A heavy retracking, or topper track could make it far better. An Ibox redo would be very cool, but then it's a steel coaster.

On the predator topic and I'm not sure how relavent this is but it seems like all the old classic style out and backs are the ones that survived the best. I look at blue streak at cedar point and the comet up at the great escape and both of those are great old wooden coasters. They are basically out and back rides with little to no side to side forces on them. I really think that the heavy trains pushing side to side on the track as opposed to straight up and down has lead to the majority of the problems with it. I say tear down most with the exception of the lift and second hill and make a full out and back that goes to the road turns around and comes back on some bunny hops. I bet that would solve almost all of the rides problems and make it a very rideable coaster for a very long time

No it did make a difference. People tend to exaggerate things. Like every other wooden coaster ive been on, sometimes you get a good ride, sometimes a bad one.

Since the new trains were added, ive had some very smooth enjoyable rides, and some that were quite rough. Similarly when I went on mean streak, I didn't find it rough at all, just rather boring.

Usually, I enjoy the Predator. the Only reason I didn't like it the last time, which was last year... Is probably because it was on/off raining for a good portion of the day. I'm assuming the track being wet did cause the ride to be a little more rough, but I wouldn't hesitate to ride it again during my next trip out to the park. Besides, if other people dont ride it because it's too rough... Less waiting for me!

Wait hasn't predator been getting retracked for quite some time and the voyage trains cant have hurt, how is it still terrible?

Nothing about it (retracking and "new" trains) had made a difference in the ride experience on Predator, it's just old and rough. Darien Lake needs to demolish Predator and build a new wooden coaster in its place, that's what Six Flags Magic Mountain did with Psyclone!

I simply do not understand what you guys are talking about. It's not that rough, and I've been on bad coasters. It's on par, both in smoothness and intensity, with HP's Comet.

If the park wants to boost attendance, they can't just keep refurbishing old rides. They need to build new things that will interest people and make them want to visit. Besides the obvious choice of a coaster, a phase two of Splashtown is needed. About 2 of my ten closest friends actually like heights, and would rather visit a water park. With only one complex, and two other major slides, people are better off staying closer to home, and going to Fantasy Island for the day.

Fantasy Island's Selection: Dragster Drench, Cannon Bowl, Raging Rapids

Darien Lake's Selections: Swirl City, Tornado, Big Kahuna

These are only major slides, of course. Both parks are equal, and some would rather just take the 20 min ride to Grand Island. But Darien Lake holds the major lead in the actual coasters and rides.

If the park wants to boost attendance, they can't just keep refurbishing old rides. They need to build new things that will interest people and make them want to visit. Besides the obvious choice of a coaster, a phase two of Splashtown is needed. About 2 of my ten closest friends actually like heights, and would rather visit a water park. With only one complex, and two other major slides, people are better off staying closer to home, and going to Fantasy Island for the day.

Fantasy Island's Selection: Dragster Drench, Cannon Bowl, Raging Rapids

Darien Lake's Selections: Swirl City, Tornado, Big Kahuna

These are only major slides, of course. Both parks are equal, and some would rather just take the 20 min ride to Grand Island. But Darien Lake holds the major lead in the actual coasters and rides.

You're right, Darien Lake can't be refurbishing their old Huss rides (Ranger, Corn Popper, and Twister) and/or coasters to boost attendance. What they need is something that would blow its two closest competitors (Fantasy Island ans Seabreeze) away. Since 'Cuda Falls was taken out Darien Lake is down to one water slide complex plus a Proslide Tornado slide, and a Proslide Mammoth slide. I couldn't agree more on the fact that Darien Lake needs a new slide complex.

They definitely need a new water park.... Attraction of some sort.. The water park can get really crowded especially on hot days with Darien's lack of shade and places to cool off and more things to go on would help spread out the attendance. If the water park is too crowded then people will line up for the dry rides which makes the lines longer for everything.

The public doesn't care if a ride is refurbed... They probably won't even notice

Judging by fantasy island's Facebook you cannot please everyone, now people are complaining about the removal of the flume... Really.... You are complaining about the removal of a small flume ride that was built in 1984 and is wayyyy past it's time ... Do you really think they haven't done their research on what the guests want and would spend all that money on a new ride that everyone hates... I don't think so

My point is if a ride is removed people will still complain that they want it back even if the most awesome new ride is put in its place... Lovely..

^Whizzer is the only true family coaster at SFGAm outside of LIttle Dipper and Spacely Sprocket Rockets. Plus being the last of its kind in the U.S. makes it something special. Big Bad Wolf was tearing itself apart.

Back to Darien Lake, if they kept the bridge over the entrance pathway then it seems obvious that the old Cuda Falls site would be for water park expansion. Unless they decide to relocate the parking entrance/exit, which more than likely will not happen, then there is no other way to expand Splashtown unless they decide to A) fill in one of the lakes that surround the water park and/or B) relocate the catered picnic area.