TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Nightmares is still at Wonderland, it just got a new sign this season too so I doubt it's going anywhere soon.

Well, I guess what HAUNT MANIAC and I said about Canada's Wonderland no longer having Nightmares can be taken back!

My bad! Sorry, I thought UFO was more like a Gravitron ride. Yes, of course Wonderland still has Nightmares. They are returning Nightmares to it's original theming in the Medieval Faire area. If UFO and Nightmares are the same, then maybe Wonderland does have the old parts to UFO, although it still looks like it is in pretty good shape. Not too many break downs at this point.

I beleive Battech, formerly known as Dartron, still makes one but they call theirs Zero Gravity.

I was just trying to remember Battech, thanks. They're from my neck of the woods and I think I'm most happy that they're still making the Rotor.

I beleive Battech, formerly known as Dartron, still makes one but they call theirs Zero Gravity.

I was just trying to remember Battech, thanks. They're from my neck of the woods and I think I'm most happy that they're still making the Rotor.

I thought Rotors were no longer being made because of safety concerns?

^Maybe safety concerns were the reason why Chance no longer makes Rotors and Chaos rides.

Living near fantasy island who had a rotor you would not believe the stories I heard about that thing, definitely not something with the best safety record. I also know people who worked there and on the rotor who have plenty of stories.

Tim Horton's now open at Canada's Wonderland. Okay, I find it funny that Darien Lake got a Tim's before Wonderland . . . that's like Wonderland getting a Starbucks before Darien Lake . . . oh wait . . . Wonderland does have a Starbucks, HA! okay, that's weird . . .

^I'm not surprised that Canada's Wonderland being in Canada would a get a Tim Hortons, but they should have gotten a Tim Hortons before Darien Lake had got one and I don't see Darien Lake getting a Starbucks, maybe another Tim Hortons in the back end of the park by Twister, Motocoaster, Tin Lizzys, and the campground entrance.

Just wondering, but do Darien Lake season passes come with coupons for any other Herschend properties? Normally it wouldn't make any sense for me to get one when I go next week, but if there's deals to other places I'm going, then that might change things a bit.

Just wondering, but do Darien Lake season passes come with coupons for any other Herschend properties? Normally it wouldn't make any sense for me to get one when I go next week, but if there's deals to other places I'm going, then that might change things a bit.

Passholders get 50% off at other Herschend properties, you can find this on the 2nd page of the DL coupon book you get when you process at the park.

404316635_IMG_45731.thumb.JPG.0bbeb29848a6418456387227935f08ac.JPG

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Everytime myself and my family make the trip to Darien Lake down from Toronto, we always have this debate . . . some of my family members like to camp and some prefer to stay in the lodge . . . so here is the debate . . . is it cheaper for us to camp/lodge for 2 or 3 nights and get 'free' admission to the park . . . or . . . is it cheaper for any or all of us to get season passes . . . and . . . is there a discount when you camp/lodge with a season pass . . . and . . . if so, what is the difference in price/savings . . . any help would be great . . . thanks! Oh, one more question . . . do you think Tim Horton's would be more popular at Darien Lake than a Starbucks? At Wonderland, it will probably be about the same because we get a lot of American visitors who would prefer Starbucks and a lot of Canadians prefer Statbucks as well, so it will probably be pretty equal at Wonderland this year, having both . . . and yeah, I guess some Americans prefer Tim's too . . . Wonderland has Canadian Pizza Pizza but I sure some people would prefer Pizza Hut as well . . . a lot of questions . . . take your time . . .

^well everyone here love Tim hortons, and it's cheaper than Starbucks, so it's probably more popular for the park. (Prices are the same as every other TH).

Side note, what happened to people having pictures from opening day. A picture of the cuda site from the giant wheel would be cool.

Darien Lake will be hosting the 2014 Gus Macker basketball tournament from July 19-20. I'm not sure how this would affect the ride/attraction operations on those days unless they hold it at the performing arts center?

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Everytime myself and my family make the trip to Darien Lake down from Toronto, we always have this debate . . . some of my family members like to camp and some prefer to stay in the lodge . . . so here is the debate . . . is it cheaper for us to camp/lodge for 2 or 3 nights and get 'free' admission to the park . . . or . . . is it cheaper for any or all of us to get season passes . . . and . . . is there a discount when you camp/lodge with a season pass . . . and . . . if so, what is the difference in price/savings . . . any help would be great . . . thanks! . . . I just noticed that park admission is no longer included in campground/lodge purchases! Please, if anyone can help me, it would be very much appreciated!

Edited by HAUNT MANIAC

Darien Lake will be hosting the 2014 Gus Macker basketball tournament from July 19-20. I'm not sure how this would affect the ride/attraction operations on those days unless they hold it at the performing arts center?

The in park/on property locations for the tournament have not yet been announced but here are a couple of articles for those who are interested:

http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/2014/05/15/gus-macker-tournament/9156035/ (Video)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/gus-macker-tournament-set-to-take-center-stage-at-darien-lake-20140515 (Article)