TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I would like to know where haunt maniac gets his information from? I do think DL will be getting something good and something large for 2015 but to say mark my words is a pretty strong statement.

I myself am very cep items to see the prep work and all that goes into building whatever will be filling that spot in the park. If it is a big enough expansion, and seeing as DL may want to build on the publicity that something big and new brings, we may see very early announcement in order to bring in curious crowds this yer looking to see what they are doing. I really think that this expansion for 2015 is the first major step toward the transformation of the park into what HFE really wants it to be. It may also be the signal that HFE no longer just manages the park and actually owns it outright

I wish that HFE would just make CNL an offer already. The park won't go anywhere with CNL in control of the park's finances. I mean lets be realistic. Isn't CNL the owner of trailer parks around the country? HFE really wants to rebuild the park, hence the Lake Monster and Sidewinder ideas.

I wish that HFE would just make CNL an offer already. The park won't go anywhere with CNL in control of the park's finances. I mean lets be realistic. Isn't CNL the owner of trailer parks around the country? HFE really wants to rebuild the park, hence the Lake Monster and Sidewinder ideas.

And don't forget about the "Smokehouse Blues" restaurant and extra charge circus show rumored ideas as well!

CNL is kinda a conglomerate of a lot of different things. They own a couple of parks, some ski resorts, senior living complexes, etc. But nonetheless I completely agree with your statement. I would love to see HFE buy the park but from what I understand is that CNL is trying to value the park at a much higher price then its worth which would create a hurdle for HFE if they want to buy it.

I do agree that the park is morphing right into HFE's vision with addition ideas such as lake monster, sidewinder, and the restaurant (HFE is known for their parks having very good food, aren't they?)

^I can completely see why CNL is doing this too. They own a lot of properties so obviously they have a ton of money. Of course they bought low from Six Flags and want to sell high. If they cared so much about the property they would manage it themselves and not hire companies like Parc and HFE. As for HFE they must really see something in this park or they would just have dumped it like Elitch Gardens. DL truly fits the "Herschend way" as it is one of those parks with a wilderness type theme like Dollywood and SDC.

It's not quite so cut and dry. CNL is a REIT, or in simple terms, a holding company. They essentially have a "constitution" so they couldn't go and just manage it themselves.

One thing I will bring up, a part of their "constitution" states that by December 2015, they have to go public, or liquidate essentially. (If you read their SEC filings you will see this)

I have no more information than anyone else, but just going from what Cedar Fair did to Wonderland, warrants some comparisons. First, Cedar Fair bought Wonderland from Paramount, Darien Lake was bought from Six Flags. Both neglected the parks in some way. Then, Cedar Fair improved the food choices at Wonderland. Same at Darien Lake. Then, Wonderland was cleaned up, new flowers, trees, landscaping, same at Darien Lake. Then, Cedar Fair got rid of some of the low ridership flats and replaced them with some new flats. Now, Wonderland is painting the rides back to the original colours and they are even putting decals with the original park logo on the front of the coasters❗. Darien Lake, yep, Viper original paint, new decals. This took about 8 years to complete at Wonderland and they are still not finished. They are transforming DL pretty quickly in my opinion. The only thing that still separates Wonderland and Darien Lake is a 300ft coaster. When they put something big in at DL, then DL will actually have a big advantage over Wonderland with a HUGE campground and hotel. Good luck Darien Lake. Good times are just a few years away❗

Darien Lake will be sold to Merlin and Merlin will turn it into LEGOLAND Buffalo. Mind Eraser will become Xtreme Sky School, Ride of Steel will become Ride of Blocks, Viper will be removed for Dragon coaster and Bomerang will be removed for Technic coaster. Motocoaster will become LEGO Star Wars speeder chase and the water park will be rethemed to LEGO Chima.

Darien Lake will be sold to Merlin and Merlin will turn it into LEGOLAND Buffalo. Mind Eraser will become Xtreme Sky School, Ride of Steel will become Ride of Blocks, Viper will be removed for Dragon coaster and Bomerang will be removed for Technic coaster. Motocoaster will become LEGO Star Wars speeder chase and the water park will be rethemed to LEGO Chima.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Darien Lake will sold to Cedar Fair and Mind Eraser will become "Head Rush", Viper will become "Steel Venom" (since pit vipers have venom the name seems to be fitting), Ride of Steel will become "Steel Force", SplashTown will become "Soak City", and Rowdy's Ridge and Beaver Brothers Bay will merge and become "Camp Snoopy".

Please note that this a long time fantasy of mine!

I like this idea. It would actually improve the park.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Darien lake will re-theme rides based on video games. The gokarts will become mario kart speedway and the bumper cars will become crash bandicoot's bumper cars. Nintendo will set up booths in the park and you will be able to play their latest games and Microsoft will take over one of the arcade buildings and turn it into kinect o rama. In addition Nintendo and Sony will have download stations throughout the park and you will be able to download exclusive games to your vita or 3ds handhelds along with interactive maps of the park and facts and trivia about the park.

Darien lake will re-theme rides based on video games. The gokarts will become mario kart speedway and the bumper cars will become crash bandicoot's bumper cars. Nintendo will set up booths in the park and you will be able to play their latest games and Microsoft will take over one of the arcade buildings and turn it into kinect o rama. In addition Nintendo and Sony will have download stations throughout the park and you will be able to download exclusive games to your vita or 3DS handhelds along with interactive maps of the park and facts and trivia about the park.

Hey, I like that idea, but there's no way that Darien Lake is going to get licensing right to use any of Nintendo, Microsoft and/or Sony's brands/properties!

These ideas are really far fetched. I don't understand why there are complaints about discussing a similar topic that has been discussed before if it actually has a chance of happening. Now instead we are discussing things that wouldn't make sense and to be honest I don't think I would even want to see. DarienLaker, I also don't understand you agreeing with the complaint that the same things are discussed over and over, you are one of the leading contributors of that, actually.

Anyways, I really, really like the direction HFE is taking the park. They are making it very similar to its roots with a local, country/wilderness type theme. I also think they are managing the park very responsibly, certainly better than Six Flags did or PARC who just threw in a roller coaster over an old pool without even taking out the pool.

Cedar Point would never buy Darien Lake, its too close to Canada's Wonderland. I would fear that if CP was to buy Darien Lake, it would have a similar fate to Geauga Lake a couple of years later. The video game idea is out. There's no way all three major companies would license their products on the same property, it would have to be just one of the companies. And honestly, I feel like that wouldn't be a good move for the park. If you wanted to make a video game themed park, I would do it in an area like Silicon Valley, Redmond in Washington, etc.

How do you know for sure Darien Lake will be running two trains on every coaster this summer?

I'm not sure if Darien Lake will running two trains on the coasters this year or not, but it's a mystery for me to see why Darien Lake had only train on every coaster last summer?

I think it was a response to a question someone posted on the page. The only ride that was actually confirmed though was ride of steel. But I assume the other coasters will run 2 trains based the happiness guarantee, which one part of that means giving reride vouchers if the line is over 45 minutes on certain rides.

The park did reply to a question saying that two train operations will return. Then a later post guaranteed two train ops on RoS. I think it's safe to say that Motocoaster and probably Mind Eraser will run one train. The second trains needed parts and I don't think that they are needed too much. Viper and Predator could use the extra trains to keep the line moving quick.

If I remember correctly, Mind Eraser had a very slow moving line in comparison to the Motocoaster and the Viper last year. I would be fine with one train operation on the Motocoaster because it's a short ride. But Mind Eraser is bigger, and has a longer duration. In my opinion, if they can run two trains on Mind Eraser, I don't see why not. Just my opinion

They really should have at least two trains running on any coaster that can run two trains. Basically all of them except boomerang. It is just good business to run two trains on all coasters. Even if there is little line, it just keeps people moving through and then they can do more or ride more with their day. ROS must have two trains operating at all times as it just isn't fair to wait for one train on that long of a ride. I know they have been running one train for a while but that is just bush league. I think HFE is really adding money in the right places. If they are spending money on new trains or at least parts to fix the old ones so the ride lines are cut down, then to me those are good investments. No real measurable ROI but it may help to keep people happy, and happy customers are returning customers