TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

How do you know hat the Giant Wheel will get lights?

I don't. But, as logic would put it, if they are giving the whole new area--Giant Wheel included--a new theme, then it only makes sense to put new lights on it this year, especially if it's been naked since what, 2009?

I just hope they put something in Galaxy Theater in 2013, a Cirque Du Sole-esque show, a sea lion show (again, no way!), a gift shop, anything just anything to please the GP and let's hope they're not going use the building as storage unit for ride parts or something!

I'm pretty sure that the Scrambler is being stored in there.

Now there's an idea for the old building. Put the Scrambler inside the Galaxy Theater, add lights, pulsating dance music and fog and you'd have a new attraction - the "Technodome".

That would be ironic, since Seabreeze got rid of the same thing (Gyrosphere) a few years ago. By brain still cannot disassociate ELO's 'Fire on High' from that ride.

Now there's an idea for the old building. Put the Scrambler inside the Galaxy Theater, add lights, pulsating dance music and fog and you'd have a new attraction - the "Technodome".

I say they put Scrambler in that building that had the sea lion show, give Scrambler a glow in the dark paint job, add black lighting and fog, and add animatronic aliens and call the ride "Alien Invasion".

Darien Lake should include the follwing improvements for 2013,

. Put Strobe lights in Viper's tunnel

. Put the mist back on Mind Eraser and Ride of Steel

. Repaint Mind Eraser to orange (track) and green (supports)

. Repaint Ride of Steel to gray (tracks) and white (supports)

I say they put Scrambler in that building that had the sea lion show, give Scrambler a glow in the dark paint job, add black lighting and fog, and add animatronic aliens and call the ride "Alien Invasion".

That would be a complete waste of space. why have something that can fit a wild mouse house only a scrambler? If Scrambler were to be brought back and have the enclosed building, laser show package done to it, it would be better to just make a new building for it.

^I doubt that would work, because that would mean that the boat ride would go under Skycoaster, which would probably be a major problem in the event that the cable breaks, which could mean that the fatalities of such accident could potentially double if the three falling bodies land on a boat. Plus, I don't understand why one would want to do that as it wouldn't free up any real room anyway.

EDIT: In reference to moving the boat dock. I too hope that they will put lights on both sides of the giant wheel, especially seeing as there is park property on the other side.

^I doubt that would work, because that would mean that the boat ride would go under Skycoaster, which would probably be a major problem in the event that the cable breaks, which could mean that the fatalities of such accident could potentially double if the three falling bodies land on a boat.

That will never happen.