TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I've never hear of a drop tower that rider pull themselves up then let go when they reach the top, sound crazy to me!

They are common at smaller parks in Europe. In the states, I know they have them at Dollywood and the Legoland parks.

Edited by larrygator

HFEC has installed those HEEGE Towers at SDC and DW already. I guess they are popular, I always see a line for them. I don't see the attraction honestly.

It's great that they're adding a set of Flyers though, those are always a hit in my book. I'm glad the ride has made a comeback in the last decade. Moose on the Loose is a solid kiddie/family ride.

This is a solid set of additions that will serve this customer base well.

Quick question about darien lake, as i am most likely going to visit it this year.

According to many critics, Predator has been described as painful. However the POV looks quite good, it has been compared to Gwazi ,Ghostrider and Meanstreak. But i like Ghostrider and Meanstreak.

so which is it, a Ghostrider(painful and fun) or a Gwazi ? (painful)

Quick question about darien lake, as i am most likely going to visit it this year.

According to many critics, Predator has been described as painful. However the POV looks quite good, it has been compared to Gwazi ,Ghostrider and Meanstreak. But i like Ghostrider and Meanstreak.

The Predator in my opinion is not that painful of a ride, but it's still fun !

To all those who have had bad experiences on Predator prior to 2010 or have not gone on it yet: remember that it got Voyage's old trains in 2010. The trains have helped monstrously. It is still rough, but it's not "painful" rough, but instead a "very bouncy" rough, what a wooden coaster should be. And it's actually a pretty exciting ride. The bunny hop run leaves a little bit to be desired, but the rest of the ride is actually pretty airtime-filled.

To all those who have had bad experiences on Predator prior to 2010 or have not gone on it yet: remember that it got Voyage's old trains in 2010. The trains have helped monstrously. It is still rough, but it's not "painful" rough, but instead a "very bouncy" rough, what a wooden coaster should be. And it's actually a pretty exciting ride. The bunny hop run leaves a little bit to be desired, but the rest of the ride is actually pretty airtime-filled.

That's good to know. It wasn't painful in 2005 when i rode but it was brutal in 2008.

Agreed, the new trains helped a great deal. It's gone from an avoid at all coaster to a decent woodie. Darien Lake needs one more solid coaster to really make this a park I'd go to on an annual basis. I'd love to see a flying coaster of some sort or something that Wonderland doesn't have. Can't understand why they would have two identical coasters to Wonderland when the parks are so close together.

Agreed, the new trains helped a great deal. It's gone from an avoid at all coaster to a decent woodie. Darien Lake needs one more solid coaster to really make this a park I'd go to on an annual basis. I'd love to see a flying coaster of some sort or something that Wonderland doesn't have. Can't understand why they would have two identical coasters to Wonderland when the parks are so close together.

The new train for The Predator really made it as enjoyable as Silver Comet at Martin's Fantasy Island!

I can't remember exactly what year it was when I rode it, but it was still Six Flags at the time. I needed multiple chiropractic treatments after that. Good to hear that the new trains have helped.

Predators old trains were 'trailered" which were the same as the old Raging Wolf Bobs trains, which isn't surprising since both parks were Funtime Parks and both rides were built within two years of each other.

The Voyage's trains are "articulated" so they run much better.

I think there's going to a rumor that Darien Lake's Motocross kiddie ride might be going to Elitch Gardens, the Motocross kiddie ride has been at Darien Lake since at least 1981 and it is one of Darien Lake's original kiddie rides.

Edited by DarienLaker

I haven't been to Darien Lake since the Six Flags days but I'd really like to try and make my way down there again this season. I'm glad to hear about the "new" trains on Predator. I know my felt my last ride on it for weeks...

Hopefully things will improve in the next couple of years, this seems like the first year HFC is really in control of the park. I feel a change in atmosphere is needed, then focus on rides.

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see them bring the beach back? I look at old photos and I feel like that would be beneficial for the campground section of the park.

^The reason why Darien Lake no longer has a beach is that it was on a man made lake and it was harder to keep it clean year after year, so odds of Darien Lake bring the beach is slim to none!

Darien Lake should just get rid of the boat in Adventure Isle and move Brain Teaser in its place!

• 2 weeks later...