TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

This was on the news in Charlotte NC yesterday... meanwhile nobody said anything when Nighthawk had lift hill problems at Carowinds last year and the ride was down for months (nor should they because it's not news). Must be a slow news day. lol

Yeah this park kind of fell by the wayside after it got flagged. I don't think deflagging it helped either, its gone back to its pre-Premier Parks slow growth days. Darien Lake will be lucky if it gets any good coasters (rather than crappy fairground Celebration City junk) in the next decade. Not that I think it's going to shutdown or anything. The waterpark has flourished in recent years.

Of all the RoS' out there Darien's seems like it's jinxed. Didn't the chain break just a few year's ago?

Not sure about the chain breaking, but the last time it was there I saw it get stuck right before the first drop several times...this was when it was raining, though, so that might have been the cause.

If Darien Lake dosen't get any better it will close down withn three years leaving nothing but the water park open ala Geuga Lake.

The park definitely needs some love. Replacing Predator with a new woodie would be a great start, or at least some new large coaster.

I don't see Darien Lake shutting down IMO. Attendance is still pretty good, and a big draw for the park is the performing arts center. I went last Tuesday and the park was pretty busy. Also, from what I see improvements are being made. The park is defiantly cleaner this year, although there still is the grafitti problem.

What I would love to see happen is build an indoor water park south of the lodge on the lake hotel, between it and superman. You could connect the hotel and draw people to the resort year round, perhaps increasing profit margins and allowing more timely investments in the park. Also, I would love to see RoS repainted and rethemed. I always imagine silver supports with red track, and at night have different colored lights like Millenium force.

I also want to see motocoaster removed, I hate it's current location... Which is just sitting on a gravel filled pool.

The park has plenty of room to expand, especially if you sacrifice some of the seasonal camping spots. It has so much potential, it just has to have the right ownership at the right time.

• 2 weeks later...

We all know that Darien Lake needs some improvements like renaming the Ride of Steel, repainting the Mind Eraser, some grounds keeping work, a new coaster, thrill, or family ride, and the list goes on.

But there's on thing we should know that Darien Lake won't be closing for good and leaving only SplashTown open, that would just be !

• 3 months later...