TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nigloland! New Coaster for 2014

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back from the park, here's some pics of mine from that awesome media day (thanks to the team which was amazing).

20140404_083259.thumb.jpg.263a642f0bc760414bec686f9456030c.jpg

Who doesn't like a press kit??

20140404_111335.thumb.jpg.460fefb075a00ebd6b8edd913140d454.jpg

Before leading to the real one, let's take a look at the model that helped the design.

20140404_113248.thumb.jpg.6585384082e4e5d6633991c9731881f6.jpg

Here it is!

20140404_120342.thumb.jpg.c168abce6e99f5e92d381eaf17222f8e.jpg

Get ready to go.

See more quality pictures from din4112 in this album.

So, how was the ride?

Great, indeed! The trains are awesome and the layout excellent. The lift hill is über steep and pretty fast.

I never rode a megalite from Intamin, but I've been on EGF and Goliath, so I do know what's an "Intamin ejector", thus I can compare here.

The first drop is pretty cool. Not outstanding, but interesting enough to get things started properly. The high-banked turn throw some kick-ass g-forces, tho!

Then, the weird element under the lift hill (definitely the official name) gives you a nice sensation of plunging on the side. It's does not have a big airtime, but it's not worthless for all that. The camel back offers a great ejector airtime, but, once again, not an "Intamin ejector" which lasts from the start to the end of the parabola. Here, in the front, you have an ejector air at the entrance, then something like floating time during the rest of the element. The opposite occurs in the back.

So the first part seems actually less intense than Intamin. But the match is not over!

And yes, here the Mack DO goes crazy! The S-turns throw some big ejector airtime, and extremly funky laterals: it's awesome! It looks actually wilder than Intamin!

The three bunny hops offer another bunch of ejector air that I think is on par with the megalite. Awesome!

Enough talking, it's video-time.

Some times ago I said I was going to do a never-seen before POV... Weeell, let's take a look at a more classic one beforehand, shall we? Hehe. I actually had some troubles with it, but I still can come up with it sooner or later. Anyways, at the moment, enjoy this front row, back row, and reverse POV!

Edited by KingRCT3

I seriously hope this is on par with the Mega-Lite, because maybe some small parks will get this.

I've never been on a Mega-Lite, but let me tell you my biggest pet peeve about them. The first hill under the lift is twisted, therefore missing a great ejector airtime opportunity. The Mack version makes this worse, unfortunately, twisting before the summit of the hill. If I were to modify the design in one way, it would be to make the first hill an airtime hill, not a twisted hill. Although, I'm not sure if that would be too intense.

There's still plenty of airtime on the twisted hill on Mega-Lite's.

Thanks for the POV.

Thanks for the update and the video! The new coaster looks very cool. In 2014, seems like Intamin's Mega-Lite model is getting two strong competitors.

What is the second one? I must have forgotten

I'm back from the park, here's some pics of mine from that awesome media day (thanks to the team which where amazing).

Thank you for linking to your photos and giving us your opinion.

If your photos were downloaded to ThemeParkReview, we could put this on the front page and include your photos in the Park Index.

Edited by larrygator

The amount of airtime on these Mack coasters can surprise you. The tiny little bumps on Manta at SWSD throw you out of your seat! A few of these hills look quite promising!

That's what I've been saying for the past two years. Blue Fire scared the hell out of me with the airtime. It isn't traditional airtime. Let me explain -

Airtime by any other manufacturer is there as a pop or a float of different intensity. We can all agree to that. However, it never really feels very dangerous. Mack, however, thanks to their track design and, I'm guessing, mostly their train design, have summoned otherworldly forces to follow the train around, grab the passengers, and try to forcibly remove them from the train.

If you want the clearest explanation of what I'm talking about, ride Blue Fire and wait until the final barrel roll. You will need new underpants.

If you want the clearest explanation of what I'm talking about, ride Blue Fire and wait until the final barrel roll. You will need new underpants.

You mean the -1.5 g spike we see there on our accelerometer data

If so, then I fully understand it

I really hope that Helix will do the same, can't wait to ride it less than 3 weeks from now!!

I definitely see what you mean, but I wouldn't call it airtime though.

I really hope that Helix will do the same, can't wait to ride it less than 3 weeks from now!!

Me too! I'm so nervous that Helix's roll will be lamer than the one on Blue Fire.

This is my favorite Steel Coaster Moment Of All Time

^ You won't be disappointed. Can't tell much at the moment, but I'm preparing something unprecedented. I go there on April 4.

Finally, here it is! I promised something unprecedented, I proudly present the first ever Gyro POV on a coaster!

Feel the turns and twists as never before with a more comfortable view for you in front of your computer screen.

Sorry for the double post.

Here is a new article about our media day (April 4) : Click here

It's in french, but anyways it doesn't say anything new. But the pictures are nice, so I thought I'd share.

This is the park hotel. You can't unlike its decoration.

The first drop is nice.

That last transition always looked weird for me (but rides fine actually, no lats). And it's even worse in this shot: it looks like the last car derailed! That's unfortunate, because I'm in it (second to last row, right seat).

The ride, as seen from another ride.

Random cool shot.

This is the nephew of the owners. It's mainly thanks to him that we have Alpina Blitz (and maybe others hotness in the future). That's a good guy.

"Who's the good guy?"

Where's the boat ride?! No, here's it's a walk-through.

Here's a television crew (D8) with Erick, the man with over 1800 credits.

Replacing light bulbs is a serious business.

Action shot.

Weee!

I'm getting back at the park on April 26.

• 2 weeks later...

Rode it again yesterday, still a beast!

Here are some pics took by several guys over CoastersWorld.fr (I was part of the meeting):

The station still looks bare, but don't worry, it's unfinished.

10006944_318652364955100_2767207702269062239_n.jpg

Steep lift.

Not-so-steep drop, but actually powerful in the back!

The first element is weird yet surprising and fun, I like it.

Airtime!

Awkward transition.

what.

Curved steel.

First S-turn.

Nigloland has a really nice setting, look at those hills in the background.

The grass will make its apparition soon.

I love how there's no supports on top of the camel-back.

Nice view.

I smell funky laterals g's.

10001324_318652578288412_6407377476264170658_n.jpg

Under the skirt. Shhhh.

10304644_318652678288402_1155409174265753817_n.jpg

*blush*

Ooooow.

Mack didn't wait Alpina to make sexy curves. This is Gold Mine Train. Choo choo!

1554630_318650888288581_5788343237863449449_n.jpg

...yet they also made some awful ones in the past. Here is Spatiale Expérience lights on. That was nice to have a ride with lights!

At Nigloland, you can really see the evolution of Mack. Did you know that Schlitt'Express was their first ride where the rails were cut using a computer? It's also the first to feature magnetic brakes.

Air Meeting (Gerstlauer SkyFly) is a lot of fun!

Can we call that an hairtime?

More pictures here. Thanks to "Boub08", "Röyksopp" and "Lujdété" for it. And many thanks to CoastersWorld.fr and Mr.Gélis for this awesome meeting!

Edited by KingRCT3

• 1 month later...

You might know that Nigloland took their inspiration for Alpina from Piraten, that they rode and really liked back in 2009.

Actually, they even took the original plans from the danish ride, and drew their version over it.

Piratblitz.thumb.jpg.08815f7014a251a6f95004d53e501ab2.jpg

Piraten in blue, Alpina Blitz in red.

• 4 months later...

Looks like Alpina Blitz boosted the attendance by 7%, they are now hoping for a strong Halloween so the growth of the year will reach the planned 10%.

They are also hoping that the ride will also pull in guest during 2015, and for 2016 they are planning on opening a Mack Supersplash or a new themed area with family rides and restaurants.

Source