TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I was hoping for something that was at least on par with Cheeta Hunt. I'm a little dissapointed today...

May I recommend going outside and riding a bike to cheer you up.

I think the layout looks fantastic. I love the mixture of outdoor and indoor ride scenes. I love the idea of the covered bridge finale and drop into the Rhine River. Can't wait to see the concepts from Busch Gardens!

I was hoping for something that was at least on par with Cheeta Hunt. I'm a little dissapointed today...

May I recommend going outside and riding a bike to cheer you up.

I think the layout looks fantastic. I love the mixture of outdoor and indoor ride scenes. I love the idea of the covered bridge finale and drop into the Rhine River. Can't wait to see the concepts from Busch Gardens!

I concur! I have a gut feeling that this could be one of BGW's most exciting roller coasters.

So does this mean Intamin don't hold a patent on the vertical dropping track section?

It seams like BGW is taking a huge risk letting Zierer manufacture this coaster they have no history with multiple launches or vertical dropping track sections. What's next Zamperla is going to build a Gigacoaster? I know it's not impossible for either of these companies to build a multi launched or a giga it just seams like such a huge jump from their usual products.

So far I do like everything I'm seeing about this new coaster, I'm a little unsure of Zierer but if BGW is willing to give them a chance I don't see why I can't give them a one to. It's not like I'm the one spending millions of dollars on this ride lol

^Uhhhh......check out Wicked at Lagoon in Utah. Has two launches, including one that goes vertical up a top hat. Manufactured by Zierer.

What, does it not have enough LOOP-DE-LOOPZ for you?

It kinda is... Both coasters are high-end family coasters with solid-looking layouts. The only difference is this coaster is gonna have world first elements and Cheetah Hunt doesn't (and they're built by different companies).

On another note, I'm absolutely in love with the theming. I was kinda disappointed with Griffon's theming, but from the blueprints, it looks like some effort is being made to make this coaster look amazing.

Now I just wanna see the finale and the official name. As long as they keep the signature 80 foot drop (or some resemblance of it) and give it a better name than Cheetah Hunt, Dragons Challenge, or Mach Tower, I'll definitely be a happy camper.

Edited by netdvn

^^^I think people like the security of knowing it's an Intamin coaster. Intamin is a trusted name that has a positive connotation. Most people know Zeirer for their Tivoli kiddie coasters, and not many enthusiasts have been out to Lagoon to ride their one major thrill ride. It's looks fun, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm optimistic about this. It looks lie 2012 is going to be a huge year for theme parks. DW, HP, BGW, SWSD, DP, DCA, and other rumored parks like CP, and KBF. Seeing these pictures gets me excited!

A gimbal is a double axis pivot thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimbal

Maybe this is what he was talking about.

Hey look! I did a quick Google search and found out what a gimble is!

What world first elements? b/c the vertical dropping track section has already been done by Intamin and thri13teen

I'd also like to know what's a gimble?

Dropping track hasn't been done by Zierer yet, so it counts as a world first. Pure marketing tactic... Just like how Europa Park advertised Blue Fire as a world first, Gardaland advertised xRaptor as a world first, and CP advertises everything as a world first. Technically Vekoma was the first to innovate that kind of track in the first place anyway.

The dropping track really hasn't been confirmed yet so it's all still speculation plus the rest of the layout hasn't been leaked yet. For all we know, it could be a gimble.

I think people like the security of knowing it's an Intamin coaster. Intamin is a trusted name that has a positive connotation. Most people know Zeirer for their Tivoli kiddie coasters, and not many enthusiasts have been out to Lagoon to ride their one major thrill ride.

Mack and Vekoma are the same way. A lot of people connotate Mack with wild mice and water rides... Until they see Blue Fire. Vekomas are considered rough and painful, but look at Nor-Easter and it's new trains or Battlestar Galactica.

Edited by netdvn

I enjoyed Wicked very much, particularly the second launch up the tophat. Great forces, I'd love a serving of that in California. If it is Zierer, it doesn't bother me. From the looks of it, BGW's new ride will be a wonderful addition.

Must... post... reply...

Gimbals are used frequently in movies. For example, the hotel dream sequence and elevator sequence in Inception used them, tmk. They allow the scenery to be tilted at any angle the director wishes while the actors are in set. Dancing or climbing up walls and across ceilings use this trick. Titanic used a giant one to tilt the ship during the sinking scenes.

These blueprints look amazing. We'll see if we have a worthy successor to Big Bad Wolf when the ride opens.

Squid

Intamin is a trusted name that has a positive connotation.

Yes, we can trust Intamin to change the design drastically while under construction.

I can also trust that an Intamin at BGE will have gratuitous amounts of downtime to help complement the Alpengeist lift and motor made out of toothpicks, paper clips, and hamster whheels.