TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

This seems more promising than any other VR attraction to date, I really hope it's successful because I could see a similar concept taking over for the Wild Arctic attractions at SeaWorld parks (which desperately need an update).

I'm a tiny bit disappointed that there don't seem to be any major callbacks to Corkscrew Hill; I would have much rather had the chance to ride a pooka or gryphon again than the dragon.

Still, this is looking like the best thought out use of VR yet, and I'm all over anything with Irish mythology. Going to have to get there this year one way or another.

Edited by Rai Fox

So it will use VR goggles and also be projected on the screen at the same time?

Yes--for those who don't wish to wear the "Emerald Helmet."

I'm a tiny bit disappointed that there don't seem to be any major callbacks to Corkscrew Hill; I would have much rather ride a pooka or gryphon again than the dragon.

Hmm--I wish I'd thought to ask that question. It didn't come up during the tour.

Edited by cfc

Always good to hear that they're improving capacity on these type attractions, but they're still such a hassle. I'm happy that Busch Gardens is excited about this ride and that it's a only a 42" requirement, but it's not going to be something that I'm going to visit. I will put on my sunglasses and look at the beautiful landscaping around the park instead!

So it will use VR goggles and also be projected on the screen at the same time?

Yes--for those who don't wish to wear the "Emerald Helmet.

That is a pleasant surprise. To know that the experience can still be enjoyed with the VR element is a nice plus for the more sensitive riders.

The two best rides using that simulator were Questor and Corkscrew Hill.

I never got to try Questor, but I was a fan of Corkscrew Hill. I look forward to trying the latest when I visit the park this year.

The two best rides using that simulator were Questor and Corkscrew Hill.

I never got to try Questor, but I was a fan of Corkscrew Hill. I look forward to trying the latest when I visit the park this year.

Never tried Questor either, Corkscrew Hill wasn’t exactly good imo but it beat the hell out of Europe in the Air.

The ride is smooth anyway and the trains look exactly the same. What am I missing?

Assuming this is actually different, why would a chain that can't afford to keep a dark ride in Williamsburg open or 2 kiddy rides in Tampa open spend money putting a new train on a coaster that's already really good that nobody will notice anyway? I'm confused.

The ride is smooth anyway and the trains look exactly the same. What am I missing?

Assuming this is actually different, why would a chain that can't afford to keep a dark ride in Williamsburg open or 2 kiddy rides in Tampa open spend money putting a new train on a coaster that's already really good that nobody will notice anyway? I'm confused.

I mean, anyone over 5'8" would probably notice a marked improvement if they switched to new Vekoma trains, but more Arrow trains? Feh.