Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 452 - Busch Gardens Summer Nights

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

I was at the park today and caught the last test train of the day on the way to Apollo's Chariot.   Here's a short video and some stills.  The outward banked airtime hill looks amazing! Also in c

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

Posted Images

I think after Invadr the next big project for the park may finally be a new country. One can only speculate what country and where.

- Spain

- Greece (maybe redundant with Festa)

- Nordic States

- Russia

- The Netherlands and/or Belgium

I'm grasping for ideas but some of these might be cool to see how they pull them off (because they would). And I have no idea where they would be.

Maybe Switzerland (though, like your Greece example, it might be too redundant, this time with Germany). B&M could then build a new roller coaster for them, which would be fun, as they are based in Switzerland. As to where it would go, I have no clue. There is that one area right by Italy, which I think is currently used for the horses. Also, there is that area called "the boneyard" in the woods near the old Drachen Fire spot. If they combined that area and the old Drachen Fire spot, that would be ample size for a new country, but I have a feeling the neighbors would object to the construction there.

Edited by StarWars
I think after Invadr the next big project for the park may finally be a new country. One can only speculate what country and where.

- Spain

- Greece (maybe redundant with Festa)

- Nordic States

- Russia

- The Netherlands and/or Belgium

I'm grasping for ideas but some of these might be cool to see how they pull them off (because they would). And I have no idea where they would be.

Maybe Switzerland (though, like you're Greece example, it might be too redundant, this time with Germany). B&M could then build a new roller coaster for them, which would be fun, as they are based in Switzerland. As to where it would go, I have no clue. There is that one area right by Italy, which I think is currently used for the horses. Also, there is that area called "the boneyard" in the woods near the old Drachen Fire spot. If they combined that area and the old Drachen Fire spot, that would be ample size for a new country, but I have a feeling the neighbors would object to the construction there.

Yup thats the area I was referring too. It is a pretty decent sized plot of land.

Longtime lurker here .

I always thought they should re-theme New France to Norway, considering Canada isn't in Europe. It wouldn't be that hard. A few textual changes here and there, some grass on roofing. InvadR would be even more thematically appropriate!

I always thought they should re-theme New France to Norway, considering Canada isn't in Europe. It wouldn't be that hard. A few textual changes here and there, some grass on roofing. InvadR would be even more thematically appropriate!

However this would cause BGW to lose some of its best attraction names. Le Catapult

Longtime lurker here .

I've thought this for while too. And while InvadR would make sense in Norway, it also makes sense in the context of Canada (Vikings attacking a fur trapping village). I don't think it'll change.

Also we really need Spain with a Maverick style Intamin coaster.

Longtime lurker here .

I've thought this for while too. And while InvadR would make sense in Norway, it also makes sense in the context of Canada (Vikings attacking a fur trapping village). I don't think it'll change.

Vikings attacking a trapper village would make "sense" if they somehow entered a wormhole and ended up 600+ years in the future.

This might be the best park/coaster related idea ever. An Intamin Blitz @ BGW?

However this would cause BGW to lose some of its best attraction names. Le Catapult

How about "Katapulten"?

I don't see a need for a new themed area. I'd rather the park just make the good parts even better.

Also, this will be the second coaster installment in two years. The latest coaster isn't finished yet and people are already talking about a new area with another coaster? Can we live in the present moment for a little bit, first?

No.

EDIT: I'm kidding, of course. We're all excited for InvadR (I haven't even been on Tempesto yet). But still it's always fun to speculate about the future, especially in the off season when we don't get many updates. But still I see your point.

I don't see a need for a new themed area. I'd rather the park just make the good parts even better.

Also, this will be the second coaster installment in two years. The latest coaster isn't finished yet and people are already talking about a new area with another coaster? Can we live in the present moment for a little bit, first?

You may not see the need for the area but its been a rumor for the park for the past few years. Aftet adding two coasters between 2015-2017 we could see some small installations the next few years until they make a big announcement for around 2020 or so.

Oh yeah, I'm sure an entirely new land and centerpiece coaster is totally within Sea World Entertainment's current budget.

This may have been the plan at one point (who really knows?), but given their current financial situation and their remarks on their most recent conference call I don't think it's reasonable for the foreseeable future.

Oh yeah, I'm sure an entirely new land and centerpiece coaster is totally within Sea World Entertainment's current budget.

This may have been the plan at one point (who really knows?), but given their current financial situation and their remarks on their most recent conference call I don't think it's reasonable for the foreseeable future.

I think it really depends on how much revenue these large investments at the Sea World parks turns out. It they're successful and generate some revenue I'm sure they'll turn more attention back towards the Busch Parks. Maybe 2020 is a tad bit early for that though.

Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues. I mean those are five coasters that are either expensive or pretty heavily themed. I don't know the full extent of their financial issues or what was said about the conference, but if they continue the expansion of their parks at this rate, I'd be more than happy.

Maybe it's possible that they don't build and open a new section of the park all at once, but rather open a few small rides and shops starting in 2019 or 2020, then expand gradually until about 2023 or 2024. Again, I don't know too much about Sea World's financial state or the exact ins and outs of the theme park business, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues. I mean those are five coasters that are either expensive or pretty heavily themed. I don't know the full extent of their financial issues or what was said about the conference, but if they continue the expansion of their parks at this rate, I'd be more than happy.

Maybe it's possible that they don't build and open a new section of the park all at once, but rather open a few small rides and shops starting in 2019 or 2020, then expand gradually until about 2023 or 2024. Again, I don't know too much about Sea World's financial state or the exact ins and outs of the theme park business, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Don't forget Wave Breaker!

Not counting the Sesame Street section, when was the last time they actually built a brand new area? Note: I'm not counting Ireland, as it was a remodel of the pre-existing Hastings area of England.

Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues.

Depending on how far back Mako, Wave Breaker, and Electric Eel were planned, I'd say they were more the actions of a wounded dog or a sign of desperation to get people to return to the parks and surrender their paychecks.

I would die.

Probably highly unlikely. . . But it's fun to dream!!

I would die.

Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Are We to Disagree?

I would die.

Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Are We to Disagree?