TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

It's so weird seeing the park map like that, but at least a half open park is better than a closed park!

Posted Images

that picture of Alpinegiest in the snow had me feeling some sort of way. Even if it doesn't run.

Agreed. It has me feeling like I should go to Great Adventure and ride Batman and Nitro.

Here's an amusing story from last night. Verbolten has a strict "no hats" policy. So, before I entered via Quick Queue, I took off my cap, put it in my coat pocket, and zipped it up. That hat wasn't going anywhere unless my entire coat went with it. So, after I sat down in the train, one of the ride ops asks. "Sir, do you have a hat?"

Me: "Yes, it's zipped up in my coat pocket."

Ride Op: "You'll have to leave it in the station."

Me: "Er, OK."

They must've had a serious hat-related incident this year, as they've been announcing in the station, "Hats are NO LONGER allowed on Verbolten." But being as mine was in a zipped-up pocket, there was little chance of my hat going rogue and attacking anyone. Oh, well.

^While I haven't been to Busch Gardens this year, I've noticed the same thing happening at Kings Dominion these past few weekends. There was a few times I saw ride ops having to ask for rider's hats, as well as announcing that all hats had to be left in the station.

Huh. We've got it lucky, I guess. Most every time I'm on Coaster at Playland, and somebody's got a cap on, the ride op

just advises the rider to take their cap off, as "they might lose it." And that's it. The rider usually stuffs the cap in a back

pocket or in the jacket, etc. like Chuck would have done.

And there are caps at the bottom, inside the open areas of Coaster, lol. But it's not started a No-Caps-Period policy.

And to add, I think I would rather be 'hit' by a soft cloth cap, than a cell phone, mid-ride.

In addition to hitting the last night of Howl-o-Scream, I took some photos for another InvadR update. This might be the last one of the year, unless I can squeeze in another when the park reopens for Christmas Town.

They've made quite a bit of progress since the last update.

001.thumb.jpg.6523155dbf0bff3ec15bb20a6caaf8dd.jpg

One last train ride to check out InvadR? We'll see.

002.thumb.jpg.a777d15ed30b6ad732f06c7cac123e96.jpg

The train is getting ready for Christmas Town.

003.thumb.jpg.179bd84e1376009653fee88ac2017f85.jpg

They've even put up some Christmas trees, sans lights.

004.thumb.jpg.96e365c31a3c2f7006c2aaa08786837f.jpg

Looks like those little footers have started to grow.

005.thumb.jpg.a76b42d2eb574f8a5cbdf56a8928ebfd.jpg

They have a ways to go yet.

006.thumb.jpg.87d395dfec316c76be33801b6950c4da.jpg

Lots of work over at the tunnel

007.thumb.jpg.22954d63ce37417eaa43340c112f1d63.jpg

Here's somewhat closer look.

008.thumb.jpg.13f74333122471276bb765d607ed960d.jpg

The worker's water-jug stand got some steel.

009.thumb.jpg.0ef34e55a2b6a9f12016182e5b1c5aaf.jpg

I do believe this is some "theming." Call it a hunch.

010.thumb.jpg.c58b1420ae4d85ddb7f7c2e67462a0ab.jpg

From the looks of that tower, the villagers are getting ready to fend off the Vikings.

010a.thumb.jpg.aecd8e103bfccd0bf3748d6ac6a609a6.jpg

The construction wall is now completely blocking the entrance to LeScoot, which has been closed all during Howl-o-Scream.

011.thumb.jpg.4c4d67710d6e8c53f8e9102be94e0531.jpg

But they did provide another hole for curious people like us.

012.thumb.jpg.0178104776ebf261346e4efe4ae3b112.jpg

The little "shed" is coming along.

013.thumb.jpg.b261588d33c34f6241fe6474587cf080.jpg

Don't impale yourselves on those sharpened posts on the right.

014.thumb.jpg.bf105fd3493789dfb34eddd3da3666cd.jpg

They've added some wooden track since last time.

014a.thumb.jpg.cd604bd212ea9fe829846b466adb16a8.jpg

Here's a closer look

015.thumb.jpg.194fbd8e2f31413d622ca35553ffe91f.jpg

It's looking nice and curvy.

016.thumb.jpg.44552d14375bcf9aac702fd3330639aa.jpg

Let's move on to the bridge by Alpengeist.

017.thumb.jpg.972d6140bf0946d28a7c0244fbf303f8.jpg

Looks like another tunnel to me.

018.thumb.jpg.007cb3807fc38f8c745bd41c1ca01e59.jpg

Here's that curvy bit we saw earlier from another angle.

019.thumb.jpg.d830200a5e7d29a0b503f3c4aaa38b24.jpg

A closer look.

020.thumb.jpg.b0e6be59784cc0fd16f6f641819bf496.jpg

That's all for InvadR. Whew! Glad I sprung for Quick Queue today.

021.thumb.jpg.c6bd2210aaf527b0a7e4fd57fb6667ae.jpg

One last look at the Rhine River trestle while the leaves start to turn. That'a all for now.

Seeing Invadr going vertical is getting me excited for this as well. I considered going to BGW this year but hearing the announcement as early as they made it made me wait until next year. I haven't been there in like 3 years and that's too long between visits since I live 4 hours away. It seems like they've made a lot of minor improvements over the past few seasons as well.

Bottom line is I'm more excited for a small GCI than I should be because it gives me another reason to get to a fantastic park (possibly my favorite) next year.

I think InvadR is going to be one of the underdogs this year that makes a big impact. The theming is going to be incredible and should provide a nice ride with the tunnels and ride interaction

I think InvadR is going to be one of the underdogs this year that makes a big impact.

To be fair (barring Mean Streak somehow being a 2017 attraction), right now the 3 biggest coasters coming to the U.S. next year are this, another mid sized GCI and a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter thing at the Jersey Shore. It's really not even much of an underdog... there's basically no competition here.

I think InvadR is going to be one of the underdogs this year that makes a big impact.

To be fair (barring Mean Streak somehow being a 2017 attraction), right now the 3 biggest coasters coming to the U.S. next year are this, another mid sized GCI and a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter thing at the Jersey Shore. It's really not even much of an underdog... there's basically no competition here.

Very true actually. As of now it would be the 2nd best most likely

Yeah to use the word underdog is to suggest there is a ton of competition and Bill is totally right, there is not. I have been saying its gonna be the sleeper hit of 2017 because I truly think this is gonna be an airtime machine and have been saying that since it was announced. I really think its gonna take people by surprise. I am more excited about this than any other coaster though admittedly that partially has to do with the park its in.

Unfortunately this is so true. It is a great year for smaller coasters to get some attention at least!

I wouldn't consider Mystic Timbers to be mid-size though. If I am correct it will be the tallest GCI in the country and what, third tallest ever built? In a park like Kings Island and being compared to The Beast I guess would make it mid-size.

It seems like a small addition due to several factors. It is true that it seems small because of being compared to The Beast. Also, Kings Island has added three large coasters since 2007: a flying coaster, a hyper coaster, and the largest inverted coaster. Most people would consider all of the last three to be among the top five coasters in the park. (As much as Firehawk gets a lot of unneseccary hate, IMO). Compared to the last three additions, a GCI seems small, even if this would be a huge announcement at 80% of other parks.

With the scope of attractions we are used to seeing KI add, it would seem more in character for them to add a prefab or a custom RMC. But, a GCI will still be a good ride.

It seems like a small addition due to several factors. It is true that it seems small because of being compared to The Beast. Also, Kings Island has added three large coasters since 2007: a flying coaster, a hyper coaster, and the largest inverted coaster. Most people would consider all of the last three to be among the top five coasters in the park. (As much as Firehawk gets a lot of unneseccary hate, IMO). Compared to the last three additions, a GCI seems small, even if this would be a huge announcement at 80% of other parks.

With the scope of attractions we are used to seeing KI add, it would seem more in character for them to add a prefab or a custom RMC. But, a GCI will still be a good ride.

I was unaware that Busch Gardens Williamsburg was somehow "competing" with a theme park in Ohio. Please try to stay on topic.