TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 448 - Pantheon Testing Video and Photos!

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

I was at the park today and caught the last test train of the day on the way to Apollo's Chariot.   Here's a short video and some stills.  The outward banked airtime hill looks amazing! Also in c

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

Posted Images

I really enjoy Apollo's Chariot. It isn't my favorite B&M hyper (Goliath at SFoG has that spot,) but it is still a great ride to me. For some reason, I really enjoy that weird flat section between the two hills on the return run.

Plus - it is at BGW which makes it awesome as I love that park

David

Good lord...

I rode Apollo on opening day this year and it's not physically possible for a coaster to be smoother than Apollo is.

I can go back through all 889 pages and never see Apollo's described as having a rattle once. You can call it anything else you want but it does not have a rattle.

now Alpengeist on the other hand.. . .

Good lord...

I rode Apollo on opening day this year and it's not physically possible for a coaster to be smoother than Apollo is.

I can go back through all 889 pages and never see Apollo's described as having a rattle once. You can call it anything else you want but it does not have a rattle.

Is awesome? Agreed

Good lord...

Is awesome? Agreed

I'm going to BGW tomorrow- Up until now I've bought Fast Lane, Flash Pass etc everywhere else.

Reading the blurb on the website it looks like Quick Queue is a bit of ripoff scam like HP Fast Track, am I right?

Good lord...

Is awesome? Agreed

Rattles don't bother me unless the coaster is so boring that it sticks out and annoys me.

Great example: Hydra

Can we just get a word filter on the damn word? Lol.

I loved Apollo's Chariot back when I rode it 14 years ago! Of course, it was my first B&M Hyper, and was unique then... Still, I can't imagine it being anything less than still very fun, and full of air, even now!

I'm going to BGW tomorrow- Up until now I've bought Fast Lane, Flash Pass etc everywhere else.

Reading the blurb on the website it looks like Quick Queue is a bit of ripoff scam like HP Fast Track, am I right?

Get the Quick Queue Unlimited. It allows unlimited rides on each ride just like FastLane+ at Cedar Fair parks.

Get the Quick Queue Unlimited. It allows unlimited rides on each ride just like FastLane+ at Cedar Fair parks.

It looks like quick queue has designated seating (like HP) which Im guessing is acouple of rows in the middle?

And it doesn't seem to include Loch Ness.

Don't bother with Quick Queue. If you do it go for Quick Queue unlimited but it's not necessary and according to the website it doesn't work on Loch Ness or Tempesto.

I love Quick Queue Unlimited in Tampa but it's stupid in Williamsburg.

I think BGW's quickqueue system is absolutely phenomenal. We went on a dead day, the only coaster with a line longer than 10 minutes was Verbolten, so we dropped 5 bucks each on a single ride pass, skipped the 40 minute queue, waited 5 minutes for the front, and rode there.

I think BGW's quickqueue system is absolutely phenomenal. We went on a dead day, the only coaster with a line longer than 10 minutes was Verbolten, so we dropped 5 bucks each on a single ride pass, skipped the 40 minute queue, waited 5 minutes for the front, and rode there.

ok but it didn't sound all that attractive to me as you can only be seated at designated rows (tend to be middle rows).

the price seems on par with cedar fairs fast lane but with restrictions.

i went without quick queue today and wait wasnt too bad (all front rows) around 15-30minutes.

i was quite impressed with the themes and the ambiance of the park but the coasters were just ok, nothing stood out for me.

I don't mind coming back some time though.

^ ok i must have read wrong - i just didnt want the letdown i had at HP.

besides it all worked out well anyway as it wasn't all that busy.

This is good to hear, as Quick Queue in Williamsburg was such a waste of money that I wasn't even going to contemplate it at BG Africa this August. What are the main differences?

Regular Quick Queue is always dumb but the Quick Queue unlimited is actually pretty great in Tampa. It works like a Cedar Fair Fastlane and you can skip the lines as often as you want on everything. In Williamsburg it doesn't work on Loch Ness Monster or Tempesto which is stupid because they're some of the only coasters in the park that regularly have lines.

In Tampa, Montu, Kumba and Sheikra rarely have long lines anyway but they work there just in-case they do. Cheetah Hunt, Flume, Congo Rapids, Scorpion and the mouse (if you care) do get lines though and it's great to be able to skip them all the time. Honestly the park gets so hot with very few indoor attractions that we got it mainly for the flume. Being able to walk right onto it and a skip a 30-45 minute congested queue (seriously... that queue is terrible) as often as we wanted was a godsend since it was pushing 100 degrees. Plus Cheetah Hunt has really low capacity and that was a non-issue with Quick Queue.

I don't know how it works on Cobra's Curse but that's really just a bonus.

I went to Busch Gardens for the first time on Saturday with group of friends, and it was really fun! My 2 favs were Apollo's chariot and Griffon, though I'm tending to lean towards Griffon due to it being my first dive coaster and I guess a more unique experience for me.

On an interesting note, my friends and I got to the front of the line for Tempesto when there was a delay due to one of the orange tags coming off one of the "comfort collars" in the very back row. So some ride mechanic guy had to come and replace the whole collar, which took 20-30 minutes. The Tempesto line was long enough, since it only runs one car. After the earlier "comfort collar" incident, I'm sure Busch Gardens would agree they weren't worth the added feeling of safety, as they seem to be causing quite a few problems and only make the wait in line longer. I dunno...

I was also slightly disappointed by Alpengeist, as although it was much much smoother than most of the similar coasters I've been on (ahem Raptor ahem), I felt that the coaster could've made better use of its relatively big height, as the drop, although fast, offered no air time (at least to me).

Verbolten was a pleasant surprise, as I loved the theming and atmosphere, as well as the ride experience itself. Although I knew there were gonna be two launches, I had no clue about the "drop" part of the ride, which caught me off guard (in a good way).

Overall, I loved my time at Busch Gardens, and will return as soon as I can. I wasn't really able to hit the shows or restaurants while there, as well as Darkastle, so I'll save those for next trip.

• 2 weeks later...

This is good to hear, as Quick Queue in Williamsburg was such a waste of money that I wasn't even going to contemplate it at BG Africa this August. What are the main differences?

Hmm--not on busy nights during Howl-o-Scream. It's worth the money then.

Verbolten was a pleasant surprise...

Agreed!! When I went to the park my expectations for Verbolten weren't really that "high" But wow, did that coaster deliver!! It quickly became one of my favorites in the park!! Can't wait to ride it again next season!!

Agreed!! When I went to the park my expectations for Verbolten weren't really that "high" But wow, did that coaster deliver!! It quickly became one of my favorites in the park!! Can't wait to ride it again next season!!

I've never been on it, but I do not get why it gets so much hate, it looks like a decent ride and i would love to get around to riding it some day.

I've never been on it, but I do not get why it gets so much hate, it looks like a decent ride and i would love to get around to riding it some day.

It gets so much hate because it replaced the iconic Big Bad Wolf. Nothing more than that. I LOVED Verbolten.

It gets so much hate because it replaced the iconic Big Bad Wolf.

^THIS

I loved Big Bad Wolf, and am still ticked they removed it (as I am with Drachen Fire as well - though at least I understand that one more!) However, Verbolten looks pretty awesome, and I look forward to riding it whenever I get back to BGW again, hopefully next year!

I'm not crazy for verbolten, but I don't hate it either. My biggest problem with it is the last drop that follows the same footprint as Big Bad Wolf. It may be bigger, but on ride, it just doesn't seem that big - especially compared to some of the other rides around the park. The Drop on wolf felt out of control as you swung around close to the water, while verboten felt rather tame and you don't come close to the river. You also have the appearance of the drop area - with BBW, it was heavily wooded, while its much more open now with verbolten.