TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

Glad to see you enjoyed it so much. Did you ride Apollo's Chariot back row? It really gives an amazing ride back there.

Sure did! It was pretty apparent that it was B&M's first hyper, a few of the airtime hills have some.... odd shaping. It was exceedingly enjoyable though, I especially liked how the return hills follow the topography of the park, and are all different heights.

I realize I am preaching to the choir here but I think the pleasant surprise of my first ever trip to Busch yesterday was Curse of DarKastle. I knew zero about the ride before walking into the building. Every Park needs a dark ride like that, in my opinion. And I'm not even a dark ride fan.

Oh, and whoever said Europe in the Air is terrible was spot on. Ugh.

I realize I am preaching to the choir here but I think the pleasant surprise of my first ever trip to Busch yesterday was Curse of DarKastle. I knew zero about the ride before walking into the building. Every Park needs a dark ride like that, in my opinion. And I'm not even a dark ride fan.

Oh, and whoever said Europe in the Air is terrible was spot on. Ugh.

Yas!! Curse of DarKastle is amazing!! My first ride on it I was the only person on it which I think made it slightly more terrifying.

Europe in the Air is awful. Like the ghetto, dollar tree version of Soarin.

One thing that makes me sad about DarKastle is the part after you go through the "fireplace" into the dark room. The vehicle used to spin, rather quickly, about 3 times in the pitch black. Now it just meanders though the darkness... Oh well.

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by Apollo in ANY seat, including the back row? I actually found it to be probably my least favorite hyper, and my list includes Raging Bull...

I wasn't "impressed" the last time I rode it but it sure was fun.

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by Apollo in ANY seat, including the back row? I actually found it to be probably my least favorite hyper, and my list includes Raging Bull...

I rode it last summer. I much prefer Nitro or Diamondback. Heck, I even like Steel Force better.

Put me in these categories. It was fun and disappointing.

I rode it last summer. I much prefer Nitro or Diamondback. Heck, I even like Steel Force better.

You're going to sit here and tell us you like Steel Force(The World's longest and tallest mine train) better than Apollo's Chariot. I know its your opinion, but now I've heard everything.

You know when I rode it back in 06-07 I thought it was incredible and fun. Up there with Nitro at the time.

But I rode it last year and again this spring multiple times and found it very underwhelming. The airtime is not as intense as it used to be and as a B&M fanboy I have to say, Apollo has developed a *bit* of a rattle.

Good lord...

I rode Apollo on opening day this year and it's not physically possible for a coaster to be smoother than Apollo is.

I can go back through all 889 pages and never see Apollo's described as having a rattle once. You can call it anything else you want but it does not have a rattle.