TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

First time poster. Looks like a fun little coaster, though the height requirement just misses the sweet spot that would be absolutely ideal for BGW. That being said, happy BGW is finally getting a woodie. I can't imagine InvadR will cost too much, much like Tempesto last year, athough this looks to be a more substantial addition. Hopefully BGW is on track to receive a major coaster in 2020, as they haven't been breaking the bank for these kind of additions.

Even if there is a thunderstorm, they do their best to keep everything open until they feel it is unsafe, then re-open as quickly as they safely can. They have their own weather radar in the park. Lightning within 15 miles of the park and winds over 40mph are what it takes to shut down the coasters if I recall (it's been a long time). The skyride tends do go down first, then water rides/coasters. If lightning is IN the area of the park, the flat rides shut down too, but tend to reopen quickly. Fortunately thunderstorms in VA tend to come and go rather quickly. It's rare for a ride to be down for more than 30 minutes - hour.

Also, unless the policy has changed in recent years, if any ride shuts down for weather even once the entire day, you can request a free "rain day ticket" to come back another time at guest relations. I hope they didn't get rid of that policy when the company changed hands. Our guests really appreciated it when I worked there.

• 2 weeks later...

InvadR reminds me of a small version of Prowler, just without that really twisty fun section after going under the lift hill. I do remember watching the animation for Prowler and being a little disappointed but Prowler has never disappointed me.

I was at the park with some friends today, and noticed some ground clearing between Le Scoot and the train station. Here are some shots of official InvadR dirt. These were taken from the train.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462656490.026183.jpg.971dca734f7a1a064b124e908a7457a2.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462656521.657456.jpg.9ac6f53a401d61575cad54d0d1149572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by cfc

I was at the park with some friends today, and noticed some ground clearing between Le Scoot and the train station. Here are some shots of official InvadR dirt. These were taken from the train.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462656490.026183.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462656521.657456.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you could call it InvaDiRt.

^^Thanks for that! Just saved $90 for myself and two friends visiting in July. Typically, how manageable is the park on a Wednesday in the middle of July? We're considering Quick Queue if wait times are likely to be over an hour. Thanks!

So word on the street (from many current ops) is Loch Ness is running two train opperation until further notice. The third train was on for a bit earlier this season, but they've pulled it off the track, perhaps indefinitely. I'm hearing it's not a maintenance issue, but a setup issue. If they can keep the line under control with two trains, they might keep it two trains permanently similar to rides like Iron Dragon and Orient Express did.

I'm not personally thrilled about this news if it pans out, but I guess the park is tired of having setups with 3 train days. I for one think 20 guests being inconvenienced for 3 minutes a few times a day is way better than all guests being inconvenienced with long lines all day every day, but who knows? I was always proud that LNM ran 3 trains despite other parks taking their older arrows down to 2 full time. It's a shame after almost 40 years of 3 train ops, they're considering two trains from now on. I was already mad when they neutered the lift one speed to reduce setups with a side effect being no more double loopers. But it'd be sad to see the ride consistently have the longest lines on high capacity days after being a capacity monster for decades.

Groupon is running a great offer for Busch Gardens and Water Country: https://www.groupon.com/deals/busch-gardens-williamsburg-43?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=deal_ita. If you'd like to hit both parks during a trip this summer, it's hard to beat $48.50.

Wow...That didn't last long. It says sold out now. We're coming to Kings Dominion and BGW this summer and this would have helped out a lot. Snooze you lose I guess.

Groupon is running a great offer for Busch Gardens and Water Country: https://www.groupon.com/deals/busch-gardens-williamsburg-43?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=deal_ita. If you'd like to hit both parks during a trip this summer, it's hard to beat $48.50.

Wow...That didn't last long. It says sold out now. We're coming to Kings Dominion and BGW this summer and this would have helped out a lot. Snooze you lose I guess.

I suggest looking at Colonial Williamsburg options too. . . when we went a couple of years ago, we got a pass that included 7 day unlimited visits to BGW, Colonial Williamsburg, and Water Country, w/ free parking at all.

they're still offering it, but the price has gone up a bit. .still good deal tho: $138 (remember it includes the parking!)

it's called the "Summer Bounce Ticket" (scroll down towards the bottom here):

https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/plan/tickets/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ticketswww.colonialwilliamsburg.com/plan/tickets/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=tickets?nck=8669909514&gclid=CKqa48HU7MwCFQmSaQodGg4J3g

^ I can vouch for this, Its a really great deal. My family did this and stayed at one of the Actual Colonial Williamsburg hotels and had a great experience. It cost a bit more, but they have a shuttle that drives you to BGW, WaterCountry, or Colonial, so you don't have to really do anything. It's actually pretty disney-esque.

^ I can vouch for this, Its a really great deal. My family did this and stayed at one of the Actual Colonial Williamsburg hotels and had a great experience. It cost a bit more, but they have a shuttle that drives you to BGW, WaterCountry, or Colonial, so you don't have to really do anything. It's actually pretty disney-esque.

we stayed at Courtyard Marriott (less than 5 minutes from BGW, 7 minutes from CW, and 10 minutes from Water Country).

Since the passes included the parking, we had no issue staying at a less costly hotel (than on CW property) and still going often to BGW (we do shows and all rides, so ended up doing two full days and an afternoon (morning of that day in CW).

I wandered over to the park last evening and snapped a few photos of the InvadR construction zone. These were taken with my phone, so the quality isn't that great.

01.jpg.3c5750f0b24d407df9cc1cc969d45d3e.jpg

Looking from the bridge between Alpengeist and New France. LeScoot wasn't running today, but this wasn't because of the construction (technical issuse).

02.jpg.98e1db8ec41602373f9942561a6708fa.jpg

Walls with little holes for curious eyes.

03.jpg.c953653069d4310e34779e5a2771d3e8.jpg

Dirt. You all love dirt. And mud (lots of rain this week).

04.thumb.jpg.bd5d934786e4f57dc2aa643c71d7e566.jpg

Noted! I dare go no further!

these questions probably comes up 10000x and I'm sorry for asking again, but I couldn't find anything in the search cause i'm lame. I'm going to BGW on saturday (probably crowded as hell, but oh well!) and just wondering about the following:

1. what is the best order to do the coasters? Tempesto 1st thing in the morning due to longer loading / waits?

2. what is the best ride to get on at night? I enjoy pitch black through the woods like the beast / parts of diamondback at kings island if that helps

thanks!