TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

^True. If anything Gwazi was worse with the Flyers.

I am looking forward to this ride, as I think it will fit in perfectly with the wooded setting of New France. I think the theme is a bit "off," but I'm sure the ride will be enjoyable and that the park will maintain it well.

My only problem is that I'm worried about how this coaster will age, as GCI's don't seem to age that well

Lightning Racers called.

Unfortunately, so did Wildcat.

I actually enjoyed Wildcat. There's a much more painful woody at Dorney.

Wildcat has a great layout thats fun still, just make sure you pack some advil.

As for the concept video I could see the new coaster having a similar layout. Im curious to see how it will interact with the flume.

^I liked Wildcat when I first rode it. This was the first year it sported the Millennium Flyer trains, and they'd done some track work, too. But two years ago, it was, well, not good.

I had ridden it with both PTC trains as well as millenium flyers. The old PTCs actually give a smoother ride than it does now, but I agree the first year it has MF trains it was the best it ever ran. It seems as time goes on GCI coasters with MF trains begin to get rougher and rougher.

My only problem is that I'm worried about how this coaster will age, as GCI's don't seem to age that well

I've only been on a small handful of GCI's, but from the reviews I've read, only a few of the GCI's have not aged well. Particularly Gwazi and Apocalypse. I believe for the majority, GCI's are good coasters for quite a long time.

I've only been on a small handful of GCI's, but from the reviews I've read, only a few of the GCI's have not aged well. Particularly Gwazi and Apocalypse. I believe for the majority, GCI's are good coasters for quite a long time.

Parks who keep up on them, and maintain them have GCIs that last a long time.

Anyone know when the layout will be revealed, or when the will release an animation?

Since it's almost a year until it's opening, I expect them to milk/tease it as long as possible. I wouldn't expect it until late summer...but you never know.

Anyone know when the layout will be revealed, or when the will release an animation?

Since it's almost a year until it's opening, I expect them to milk/tease it as long as possible. I wouldn't expect it until late summer...but you never know.

Yes, they're taking the "anti-Tempesto" approach this time.

Yes, they're taking the "anti-Tempesto" approach this time.

Or you could say, the "antipasto" approach

Okay I'll leave now

It's not the insane ride that we hoped for but it looks like a solid family ride, I'd imagine the height requirement is going to be 46" like White Lightning.

Yup, and 46" has already been confirmed. This looks like a fun little ride, and a nice fit for the park. I'm intrigued by the steel supports on a wooden coaster. It's like reverse topper track lol.

Just thought I'd add I really like the "pre-drop" run. If it runs at that speed with no bank in real life, that'll be a nice little thrill, and maybe a good pop of air time on the (now 81 foot) drop! This looks like it's going to be a really fun "first big coaster" for people, and still a fun thrill for adults. Shame they couldn't have gone for a 42" restriction, but what can you do?