Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

Vikings invading new territory?? I fully support BGW's choice of theme for the ride!!

But yeash, this should be a great ride! Looking at BGW's coaster collection, a wooden coaster seems to be the perfect addition for this park.

Sounds great! We thought of going to the presentation but we decided to ride Alpengeist instead and wait for people to post about it on TPR. Thanks guys! Lol

Alpengeist over everything for always..

I cannot wait to see a wooden coaster diving low to the ground through this next year!

image.thumb.jpeg.e50cda2cd2241b173f82e6a2906dea02.jpeg

Photo credits: BGWFans.com FaceBook

I would expect it to be low to the ground based on the stats and 60ft above grade restriction (see pdf).

This ride is going to be the next Phoenix.

More like the next Raven to me.

Except that GCI has never built anything as forceful or intense as Raven so I'd say it's going to be more like a ride that *wants* to be the next Raven!

Maybe I'll be proven wrong and I'm sure this will do great for the park, but I was just hoping for something a bit more exciting than a family GCI woodie, that's all. While I get their rides are VERY popular and are always crowd pleasers at parks, I'm just not a fan of their style of ride.

Hope it will at least have a 42" height restriction so that the target audience will be able to ride!

Edited by robbalvey

The Viking theme fits perfectly. Did Busch Gardens Tampa ever do anything with the Gwazi trains? Could they be moving here for this new coaster with some new paint?

I am happy they are going for a GCI. They are great rides!

And I bet even the vikings will love this! And you know how hard it is to make them happy

giphy.gif.0c8520fd4f144e57bbe8686701032902.gif

Edited by JordyC
This ride is going to be the next Phoenix.

More like the next Raven to me.

Except that GCI has never built anything as forceful or intense as Raven so I'd say it's going to be more like a ride that *wants* to be the next Raven!

LOL you have a point there.