TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

Based on the leaked layout, the new ride reminds me a lot of Prowler - and that's a very good thing.

Based on how small and short the plans appear to be I'd bet something along the lines of "Prowler meets White Lightning." A family GCI wood coaster if that's the case. I wonder why they're announcing so early though--but the marketing department knows what they're doing.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

Many pages back, someone figured out the layout of the coaster almost perfectly (there are minor deviations from the actual layout, but the general layout is there). Props to you! Also to echo some of the rumors: If Silver Strike is indeed the name, the fact that it interacts with Le Scoot, it would make sense for the new coaster to be mine themed. I hope the coaster's cars look like mine carts. And though the plans don't show it, I hope the themeing around the ride reflects that. I wonder if that section that goes under the (new?) Le Scoot access road is made to look like the inside of a mine.

I'm expecting the interactions with Le Scoot to be pretty epic and if it is anything like White Lightening or Prowler we can be looking at something truly spectacular here.

I also think if they go with mine themed cars the shorter train like on White Lightening would work perfectly.

I'm expecting the interactions with Le Scoot to be pretty epic and if it is anything like White Lightening or Prowler we can be looking at something truly spectacular here.

I also think if they go with mine themed cars the shorter train like on White Lightening would work perfectly.

What could be neat with Silver Strike (assuming that's the name) is if they remove the minimum amount of trees possible. Whizzing by the trees would enhance the sense of speed. Also, looking at the plans, it seems that Le Scoot goes over part of Silver Strike's queue. I'm wondering if they will do something to keep the people underneath the flume dry or if getting drenched is part of the fun.

Love the name Silver Strike, hope the rumors are true! The prospect of a White Lightning sized GCI sounds perfect for BGW!!

Agree. Looking at TPR's overview for the park, they lament the lack of a big "family" coaster. White Lightning looks like the perfect family coaster. Hopefully Silver Strike is too!

Looks like it will cross the train tracks twice an go under the access road (plans call for a TAM ? bridge over the ride's trench). On the return it will run alongside the train and cross under itself.

And sorry to those looking for it to go into Le Scoot's valley. It wont. It will however go twice under the turns right after Le Scoot's lifts. If you go to page 6, you can see the rest of the picture posted above me, which does include Alpengiest's situation. It will be across the ravine to project 2017 and will not interact.

Edited by RollerManic
Looks like it will cross the train tracks twice an go under the access road (plans call for a TAM ? bridge over the ride's trench). On the return it will run alongside the train and cross under itself.

And sorry to those looking for it to go into Le Scoot's valley. It wont. It will however go twice under the turns right after Le Scoot's lifts. If you go to page 6, you can see the rest of the picture posted above me, which does include Alpengiest's situation. It will be across the ravine to project 2017 and will bot interact.

Huh? I count four times.

While this addition sounds great for the park, and also, much needed (another family coaster)... I'm just hoping Busch learned from it's mistakes with Gwazi.

Also, I know Gwazi was built in FL, and the humidity may have had something to do with the "quick" deterioration of the ride... but it was also built by GCI... (I know, a very early GCI ride). Gwazi ran FANTASTICALLY during it's first two years of operation, providing great airtime and lateral G's, but as years went on, it just seemed that BGT didn't put enough effort in to maintaining it. Hopefully they'll do well to maintain the new ride at BGW, so it doesn't become a rough POS in the next 4 years.

While this addition sounds great for the park, and also, much needed (another family coaster)... I'm just hoping Busch learned from it's mistakes with Gwazi.

Also, I know Gwazi was built in FL, and the humidity may have had something to do with the "quick" deterioration of the ride... but it was also built by GCI... (I know, a very early GCI ride). Gwazi ran FANTASTICALLY during it's first two years of operation, providing great airtime and lateral G's, but as years went on, it just seemed that BGT didn't put enough effort in to maintaining it. Hopefully they'll do well to maintain the new ride at BGW, so it doesn't become a rough POS in the next 4 years.

I think they'll pull a surprise on us.