TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

I might have the opportunity to revisit Busch Gardens Williamsburg. My schedule will be limited but it looks like I have a choice between June 26, July 1, or 2; or August 28, September 2, or 3. Could any locals tell me which time period would tend to have smaller crowds and more dryer weather? Thanks.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

^Thunderstorms are a fact of life here during the summer, so I don't think it much matters which of those days you choose; any of them should be pretty hot and humid.

Anyone happen to know the park's policies on camera Tripods? I see on their site about GoPro's and such but nothing about tripods.

Thanks in advance

As in bringing a tripod on a coaster? Not gonna happen.

If however, I misinterpreted your post, then they absolutely allow tripods in the park for videography and photography. I assume you should be fine so long as you aren't disrupting foot traffic and other park guests. Happy camera-ing!

^ haha that would be one hell of an interesting setup to take a tripod on a ride lol

Ya I just meant for general photography and such. Thanks for the quick reply.

I might have the opportunity to revisit Busch Gardens Williamsburg. My schedule will be limited but it looks like I have a choice between June 26, July 1, or 2; or August 28, September 2, or 3. Could any locals tell me which time period would tend to have smaller crowds and more dryer weather? Thanks.

A lot of schools start back the last two weeks of August, so August 28, September 2 or 3, may be less crowded. Saturdays are generally the busiest at BGW, and the park occasionally has to deny entry for a couple of hours on summer Saturdays due to the crowds in the park.

I don't imagine there will be a huge crowd there on a Monday, even during spring break. As for the weather, March is tricky. It should be nice (probably highs in the 60s or low 70s), but it can get chilly and windy (we even had snow during Passholder Preview Day a few years ago).

Just keep checking weather.com.

Can anyone tell me what kind of crowds to expect Monday March 21st? And what type of weather conditions to expect?

As Chuck said, the weather can vary @ BGW in March. It can be sunny and 80 one day, rainy and 45 the next. Reminds me of a couple of years ago when I was working on a project in Newport New and decided to hop over to BGW in the late afternoon. Mother Nature was dishing out a rainy misty windy 50 degree day, but it was starting to clear when I arrived at the park at 4:00pm. It was nearly deserted, and a lot of people were leaving the park. Turns out BGW management had decided to close at 5:00pm instead of 8:00pm due to weather and low attendance. I hauled butt and got a couple rides on Griffon, Alpinegeist, and Apollo's Chariot before the park closed. It was kind of dreamlike in that I almost had the park to myself for that one hour and was the lone rider on Griffon and Alpie!

Definitely check Weather.com and BGW's facebook page and twitter for announcements about closures or delayed openings if the weather is ugly!

Still guessing it's going to be some sort of big coaster. Some have suggested a family coaster, but I don't think they'd be hyping it up this much if it wasn't a thrill ride.

I feel like this may not be the big coaster we all want, I think since they realized that their Tempesto idea wasn't the best, that they wanted to go all out even on something that might not be as big as we're hoping.(Mack Spinner) But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us!

Hmm--I wonder if there's any significance to showing the "2012" plans on the table. Valuable clue or red herring?

Maybe their 2017 project is an RMC coaster?! I know it's a strech, but it's a possibility. It's something the park doesn't have, and RMC seems to be the hot new thing right now.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame
Hmm--I wonder if there's any significance to showing the "2012" plans on the table. Valuable clue or red herring?

What could those even be possible clues too? Im stumped.

We need Lt. Columbo to solve this mystery.

"Was somebody murdered? No? Sorry--can't help you here."

Edited by cfc