TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

^ I would ride the hell out of a beaver car. But lets not forget the real mode of transportation for the great white north: MOOSE!

No, silly, that's for the next German expansion. A roller coaster themed to the Moose test.

IF by the amazing chance that it is indeed a coaster that interacts with the log flume. Do you think the Le Mann's car is hinting what the train would look like if it was a coaster? isnt that car of french origin. and they use to race them if im not mistaken.

I hate to be a grammar Nazi, but my OCD is going wild on this one: Its a Lemans car, not Le Mann's (which would imply it belonged to a guy named Le Mann). Yearly 24-hour race in France. As for the plans, I would hope we're seeing something big (a la RMC or even a GCI), but I have a gut feeling we're seeing a Cobra's Curse-style ride.

For whatever reason I don't see this on their website, does anyone know the hours for Season Pass preview day? We had planned to go to Dollywood but since a delayed opening for Lightning Rod is seeming more and more likely by the day we're considering going to Williamsburg as they're the only other park in the region open that weekend (and we still need to check out Tempesto).

Also, are pass processing lines generally manageable that day?

Thanks in advance!

I never got to ride Drachen Fire as I was too short when I was last at the park when it was still running (I think it was 1995). By the time I made another visit (2001), it was still standing, but not operating. Then when I last visited in 2003, it was gone. I am well aware it had an earned reputation of being terribly rough, so it's probably best it was removed. Despite that, I think the name and logo are simply awesome and I wouldn't be against them reusing the name if they ever chose to put a roller coaster in Drachen Fire's old location. Does anyone agree or disagree?

I never got to ride Drachen Fire as I was too short when I was last at the park when it was still running (I think it was 1995). By the time I made another visit (2001), it was still standing, but not operating. Then when I last visited in 2003, it was gone. I am well aware it had an earned reputation of being terribly rough, so it's probably best it was removed. Despite that, I think the name and logo are simply awesome and I wouldn't be against them reusing the name if they ever chose to put a roller coaster in Drachen Fire's old location. Does anyone agree or disagree?

I agree, but I won't go into detail why. This has been discussed 500 times in this thread, just skim back some pages and you'll see numerous opinions on this topic.

I think the Le Mans piece of the teaser is really a red herring... I'd be a little surprised if this ended up being another coaster so soon after Tempesto but it would be nice if this was a collection of new rides including a coaster and the return of a Le Mans-level family attraction, similar to how SeaWorld San Diego is adding the submarine dark ride as well as a few flat rides.

Hello everyone, planning my first trip to Busch gardens Monday March 21st. Wanted to know what kind of crowds to expect? My friend is also concerned if he will be able to fit on most of the rides as he is a bigger guy, about 6'0 250lbs. Will any rides in particular be trouble?

Hello everyone, planning my first trip to Busch gardens Monday March 21st. Wanted to know what kind of crowds to expect? My friend is also concerned if he will be able to fit on most of the rides as he is a bigger guy, about 6'0 250lbs. Will any rides in particular be trouble?

It is spring break in Virginia, but Monday should be OK. Your friend should be OK, too, although he'll need the "big boy" seats on Alpengeist and Griffon. It's hard to say without knowing his body type.

I think the Le Mans piece of the teaser is really a red herring... I'd be a little surprised if this ended up being another coaster so soon after Tempesto but it would be nice if this was a collection of new rides including a coaster and the return of a Le Mans-level family attraction, similar to how SeaWorld San Diego is adding the submarine dark ride as well as a few flat rides.

I think that would be a pretty good addition, but I don't think they'd be able to fit Le Man's and a coaster in that footprint.

I'm 6' 4" and 250 lbs. and I can manage just fine in the normal seats on Alpie/Griffon and can get on AC. I know I'm 4 inches taller than your friend which might edge him into "big boy" seats as mentioned above, but he might just get into the normal seats! I actually have a little room to go for Griffon/Alpie without it being an issue. That said, thighs are the issue on AC, so if his legs are larger, he might be SOL there since that's a "you fit or you don't" coaster

Just use the demo seats at the entrance to the rides to be sure. If the belt clicks, he fits! On AC if the harness on the demo locks, he's good to go. LNM, Verbolten, and Tempesto won't be an issue at all.

For non coasters, the only rides in the park that MIGHT be an issue are Mach Tower and Wave Swinger. Again though, he is almost certain fine for those (and neither of those is going to ruin your trip if he can't. Mach Tower may well not even be running when you're there, and if it is, it's not really the best drop tower out there other than a killer view).

IF by the amazing chance that it is indeed a coaster that interacts with the log flume. Do you think the Le Mann's car is hinting what the train would look like if it was a coaster? isnt that car of french origin. and they use to race them if im not mistaken.

Outside chance this could be it....But there is already car themed trains on Verboten so I can't see that being it.

That being said, "Le Scoot" and "Le Mann's" have been teased, leaving me to believe that the new ride will have the word "Le" in front of it.

Leetaka

For whatever reason I don't see this on their website, does anyone know the hours for Season Pass preview day?

Preview day hours are 10 am - 6 pm. The hours are posted on the BGW Pass Member page and not on the regular calendar.

https://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/passmembers?from=Top_Nav

Also, are pass processing lines generally manageable that day?

The lines for pass processing can get pretty bad since this seems to be a popular day for people to go, especially if the weather is nice. The park should have all the ticket counters and kiosks open but even with that you may have to wait a while. My advice is to get there super early to beat the rush.

I'm 6' 4" and 250 lbs. and I can manage just fine in the normal seats on Alpie/Griffon and can get on AC. I know I'm 4 inches taller than your friend which might edge him into "big boy" seats as mentioned above, but he might just get into the normal seats! I actually have a little room to go for Griffon/Alpie without it being an issue. That said, thighs are the issue on AC, so if his legs are larger, he might be SOL there since that's a "you fit or you don't" coaster

Just use the demo seats at the entrance to the rides to be sure. If the belt clicks, he fits! On AC if the harness on the demo locks, he's good to go. LNM, Verbolten, and Tempesto won't be an issue at all.

For non coasters, the only rides in the park that MIGHT be an issue are Mach Tower and Wave Swinger. Again though, he is almost certain fine for those (and neither of those is going to ruin your trip if he can't. Mach Tower may well not even be running when you're there, and if it is, it's not really the best drop tower out there other than a killer view).

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. I'm shocked as I thought Verbolten would be the tightest fit since the car themed trains look so small in the pics. I imagined the lap bar would be really tight.

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. I'm shocked as I thought Verbolten would be the tightest fit since the car themed trains look so small in the pics. I imagined the lap bar would be really tight.

I had no issue at all, with a big gut (now gone), on Verbolten. No issue on Apollo or LNM either.

and Griffon has "big boy" seats in all 3 rows. .so you can pick and choose which one you want. Alpengeist tho, the one "big boy" seat is in row 5. .and gave me a very rough ride.

I think the park has been intentionally designing their newer rides to be a bit more accommodating to larger guests. While getting into the Tempesto seats is a chore for anyone, they're surprisingly roomy once you're in there. Same with Verbolten. I was really shocked how much room those seats have. They're a bit wider than traditional seats on older coasters. While it's not the greatest fact in the world, there are simply more people of a larger size than there used to be, and I get the vibe BGW is trying to accommodate them as best they can without making it unsafe for anyone. At certain point, too big is too big, but they're doing their best to make that happen as infrequently as possible.

I think the park has been intentionally designing their newer rides to be a bit more accommodating to larger guests. While getting into the Tempesto seats is a chore for anyone, they're surprisingly roomy once you're in there. Same with Verbolten. I was really shocked how much room those seats have. They're a bit wider than traditional seats on older coasters. While it's not the greatest fact in the world, there are simply more people of a larger size than there used to be, and I get the vibe BGW is trying to accommodate them as best they can without making it unsafe for anyone. At certain point, too big is too big, but they're doing their best to make that happen as infrequently as possible.

That's great! Thanks guys!! I was so stressed about this but now I'm getting excited.

Hey everyone, I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I just bought my ticket for BGW, and I thought I would share (What I thought is a good deal) that they have going on right now.

It's the "Busch Gardens Williamsburg Spring All-Inclusive Ticket"

It includes:

Spring All-Inclusive Ticket includes:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Single-Day Ticket

General Parking for one vehicle

Lunch includes (1) entrée and (1) regular non-alcoholic beverage before 4 p.m.

Dinner includes (1) entrée and (1) regular non-alcoholic beverage after 4 p.m.

Quick Queue offers front of the line access to Alpengeist®, Griffon®, Apollo's Chariot®, Verbolten®, Curse of DarKastle, Escape From Pompeii®, Europe in the Air, Roman Rapids® and Le Scoot®; PLUS one bonus ride for the Quick Queue ride of your choice.

The cost is $99 per ticket. Which sounds expensive, but a regular day ticket is $77 and parking is $15 . . . So it's only $7 more expensive for the "All-Inclusive" ticket but you also get 2 meals, and Quick Que. The only catch is the ticket must be used between March 20 and May 15.

Source

Anywho, just thought I would share that with you all in case anyone is looking at taking a trip during those times!

Can't wait for my first visit to the park next month!!

BGE is also offering free "bring-a-friend" tickets again this year for pass holders. I think this program has been offered in years past, I only become aware of it (and took advantage of it) last year during HallowScream.

12769518_10154021735614571_349749033_n.thumb.jpg.0d8873825f67359fc71b64abb887a794.jpg