TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 466: New Slide for Water Country in 2023

I guess that explains this post in the Cedar Point thread:

RIP Escape from Pompeii.

Hmm--unless someone is privy to inside information, I'm detecting a flaw in their logic.

Cedar Point is removing an Intamin water ride.

Busch Gardens has an Intamin water ride.

Therefore, Busch Gardens is removing their Intamin water ride.

Hoo, boy.

^Hmm--not sure I would label it a "fiasco." The park's silence did get a lot of people talking and generated a fair amount of buzz with very little effort. That being said, I'm not sure it was the best approach, and evidently the park doesn't, either.

^Hmm--not sure I would label it a "fiasco." The park's silence did get a lot of people talking and generated a fair amount of buzz with very little effort. That being said, I'm not sure it was the best approach, and evidently the park doesn't, either.

If you feel the need to write something like that to explain why it is you deviated from industry SOP and are now returning to industry SOP, chances are the deviation probably didn't do you any good. The best they can argue is a half hearted "Our market research said..." Thank god someone with a clue is in charge now of the company.

If that ends up being the case then any park that chooses to have a new coaster interact with a Log Flume rather than removing the flume is awesome in my book.

... well unless you remove an Arrow suspended. Then your park sucks but having a coaster interacting with a flume would still be nice to see.