TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

Please be an RMC terrain woodie, that would just be the cherry on top of BGW's already solid coaster line-up. And if BGW does indeed work with RMC for 2017, can't help but think that bodes well for BGT's next coaster being something RMC too

Now, where oh where would they find a space, or maybe a thing, per say, to hand over to RMC at BGT? Hmmm....

SeaWorld seems to have been doing some very peculiar things with release dates. Tempesto was basically never released and treated like the big Elephant in the room that went up while Busch Gardens denied they were even building a roller coaster. While not announcing your ride over the off season seems like it makes no sense at least a park can say they wanted to maximize the impact and start an ad campaign that with a short turn around time. A year later Sea World Orlando announce Mako for 2015 before the peak summer season even started which some say is too early.

I feel like the SeaWorld parks are in a step above Six Flags and Cedar Fair and a step below Disney and Universal. The two big dogs make announcements when they want for projects 2-5 years out. Maybe SeaWorld views themselves more like a Disney or Universal and thinks their numbers are teflon tough. I feel like Sea World needs needs to tease this out more. I was going to go BGW b/c hey have Tempsesto and I hear it more fun than it looks. Maybe I'll wait til 2017. I know something big is coming.

I think the hammer was on the table to indicate construction... nothing more. A hammer is probably the most basic tool in existence, and it's something that everybody recognizes and associates with building something new. I doubt it was a "hint" of a specific type of ride.

I am predicting an RMC woodie in Drachen Fire's spot named "Thor".

while i do think RMC will be involved...i think Marvel would have something to say about that name

They can't. They don't have the copyright to the name "Thor" because it's originally Germanic mythology.

has BGW gotten approval to build above 60 feet yet? They have to have county approval for that, and plans for all prior coasters (back to Alpengeist at least) had been submitted by this time of year or earlier. (seems like Verbolten was grandfathered since its height and location were the same as BBW)

has BGW gotten approval to build above 60 feet yet? They have to have county approval for that, and plans for all prior coasters (back to Alpengeist at least) had been submitted by this time of year or earlier. (seems like Verbolten was grandfathered since its height and location were the same as BBW)

Good point. The board has usually already voted by this point. By the way, when people say that x y or z won't happen because of the Kings Mill people, here's an article from Alpengeists approval that quotes some of "those people."

http://articles.dailypress.com/1996-01-26/news/9601260187_1_busch-gardens-roller-coaster-drachen-fire

Once again, I will never understand the mentality of someone who moves in next to an amusement park, then complains about the noise...

I guess in that case couldn't they grandfather the Drachenfire approval? If they reuse the station and keep it under the same height then I suppose it's possible.

I would think it's pretty unlikely you could reuse a height waiver on something that's been vacant for 14 years... especially considering Drachen Fire's proximity to kingsmill was really the first thing that started all the noise issues to begin with, right?

More likely in the case of verbolten they got approval before closing BBW, but that's specualation

Anyone think that in the video when "drop" is mentioned it could be in reference to a new passenger drop for the train? Possibly a new themed area thats been rumored for years?

I also wouldn't be surprised if Pompeii is getting axed. Either for a new coaster or a new improved water ride.

^I'd be very surprised if Pompeii got the ax. As for a new country where Drachen Fire used to stand, I'd love to see that happen.

My reasoning for it would be that it has a high operating cost and low ridership. A Mack water coaster re-theme could be pretty cool.

I think the based on the time and they way they said "the drop" it appears they are building some roller coaster that will be big and expensive. My money is on a B&M winged rider that will use that the terrain, and have some great near misses. I don't think they will be getting a record breaker but they will get something that is reliable, beautiful and integrates well.

I'd also be shocked to see Pompeii get the axe. I don't think it has low ridership. If any water ride would go or be overhauled, I'd suspect rapids. Ever since the loading policy change, that ride has been a capacity nightmare.

I'd also love to see a new country, but I like to always bring up whenever people discuss a possible train station at the Drachen Fire site that the train actually can't stop there because of the grade of the tracks. If the train has an e stop there, they actually need to back the train up to the trestle, then get a running start to make it up the grade. I'm not saying they couldn't divert the track because I honestly don't know. I just know that as of now it's not a possibility.

I'd also be shocked to see Pompeii get the axe. I don't think it has low ridership. If any water ride would go or be overhauled, I'd suspect rapids. Ever since the loading policy change, that ride has been a capacity nightmare.

I'd also love to see a new country, but I like to always bring up whenever people discuss a possible train station at the Drachen Fire site that the train actually can't stop there because of the grade of the tracks. If the train has an e stop there, they actually need to back the train up to the trestle, then get a running start to make it up the grade. I'm not saying they couldn't divert the track because I honestly don't know. I just know that as of now it's not a possibility.

I agree with you that Roman Rapids could use some work. Even with a short line, the wait is often ridiculous.

As for the train and the "grade" question, of which I've seen no actual corroboration outside of posts on the Internet (but I'm not saying you're wrong, either), I imagine that where there's a will, there's a way, whether it's changing the grade, rerouting the tracks, or modifying the trains (but I'm not an engineer). The old Drachen Fire spot would be a logical place for a new country and train station, and I'd be quite happy to see this happen.

Pompeii is one of the best rides in the park, we ride it every time we go regardless of temperature.

I'm not saying it is a bad ride, it is actually one of my favorites as well. I've also never waited over 5

minutes for it even on summer weekends. The idea of it being removed isn't as far fetched as it seems. Some ride ops over at BGWfans say the ride has some of the lowest ridership along with a high operating cost and being a maintence nightmare.

The ride location itself makes the perfect area to put a new rollercoaster. Less tree removal would be needed (we know how they love their trees) and it could use the ravine near by for some great terrain elements. Think of this as well, if it is a wooden rollercoaster (whether it be RMC or something else) it makes sense to put it towards the front of the park away from KingsMill. San Marco is one of the only area's in the park without a coaster besides Ireland and England, so I wouldn't rule this out.

My speculation is based off of facts I've heard. At the end of the day it is just speculation, but it seems to be a growing idea that Pompii could be removed. Just my .2 cents.