TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

603712601_08-26-15BierFest.thumb.jpg.6cade4c3cfc9fc3935b1a027c5c6198d.jpg

BUSCH GARDENS® BIER FEST BRINGS OKTOBERFEST TO WILLIAMSBURG

New Fall Event Featuring Beer, Bands and Bavarian Traditions Begins Sept. 12

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (August 26, 2015) – Busch Gardens® Bier Fest honors the theme park’s Bavarian heritage this September with its own Oktoberfest celebration. This festival-style event spans two weekends and features live music, traditional German food and 75 draft and bottled beers that offer beer aficionados a robust palate of flavors to sample.

Bier Fest takes place two weekends, Sept. 12-13 and 19-20. The celebration will transform the park’s Oktoberfest village into a true traditional event. New beer bars throughout the village will offer guests a full range of beer styles from all over the world, including a selection of Virginia-brewed craft beers.

“This fall we are exploring the many flavors of beer with brewers from 10 countries. With beer varieties from Europe, Asia and America, Busch Gardens Bier Fest is the largest beer celebration in our park’s history. I look forward to hosting guests as we celebrate the fine art of brewing,” said Park President Carl Lum.

Guests walking through the Oktoberfest village can enjoy traditional German music by The Happy Dutchmen. This Oompah band engages audiences with songs like Edelweiss, Schitzelbank and Ein Prosit and invites the audience to join in traditional German dances, including Der Ententan and the Chicken Dance.

Busch Gardens’ Bürgermeister will host a tapping of the keg ceremony at 11:30 a.m. on each day of the event. Park leaders will tap a locally produced, cask-conditioned keg, also known as a firkin keg, to kick off the day’s event. Local craft beer brewers developed the small batches of cask-conditioned beer that will be available in limited quantities that day.

Beer enthusiasts interested in tasting a variety of styles can purchase a Bier Fest Sampler that provides 10 individual 3 oz. samples for one price. The card can be used anytime during the entire four-day event so guests can relax and enjoy their selections.

Traditional German cordials also will be available for guests interested in exploring the world of liqueurs. Among the offerings will be a selection of traditional German Schnaps. Traditional Schnaps is made from apples, pears, plums or cherries. It does not contain sugar and is not particularly sweet, though it carries some of the flavor of the fruits used in the distilling process. Busch Gardens is offering a special “Cordials Tasting” at an additional cost during Bier Fest for guests who want to learn more about these offerings.

Guests can cleanse their palates with new German-inspired cuisine offered at the park only during this event, including hand-breaded pork schnitzel in creamy mushroom-and-bacon sauce and German meatballs in caper cream sauce. Das Festhaus® will also serve its regular menu during Bier Fest so guests can enjoy familiar German-inspired entrees they expect from the park.

Das Festhaus will also showcase live music during the event, including singer, songwriter and guitarist Kevin MaC the first weekendand country music group Harley Boone the second.

Visit buschgardens.com/va for complete Bier Fest details, information on purchasing Bier Fest Samplers, and the park’s hours of operation.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

It's been a few days and nobody responded to my last question, so I'll ask it again.

Does anybody know if BGW has free WiFi? I noticed they have an app that shows wait times for the rides, but it's useless to me if I can't connect my iPod touch to a WiFi network.

^^Oh my...I am still trying to compute everything that I just read, but all I can think or say is...

"MUST GET TO BGW FOR BIER FEST!!!!"

Edit: Also pulled the attached from their website for anyone interested in some of their beer offerings.

Capture.JPG.20088067a61db2a60fd7a64f7d6d3058.JPG

It's been a few days and nobody responded to my last question, so I'll ask it again.

Does anybody know if BGW has free WiFi? I noticed they have an app that shows wait times for the rides, but it's useless to me if I can't connect my iPod touch to a WiFi network.

I'm not sure which is more useless- the app or the rather limited in-park wi-fi.

Hope that answers your question! Make sure to get a pretzel!

Ok dumb advice time...!

I'm heading to the park Sunday into Monday from Pennsylvania. I think we are leaving around 7am Sunday to get there around 11am. My questions is should we do the Park on Sunday and then go Water Country USA all day Monday, or should we switch the days. I really want to do my park and my friend really wants to do the water park.....

I'm expecting crowds since people are squeezing their last vacations in.

Thanks

Ok dumb advice time...!

I'm heading to the park Sunday into Monday from Pennsylvania. I think we are leaving around 7am Sunday to get there around 11am. My questions is should we do the Park on Sunday and then go Water Country USA all day Monday, or should we switch the days. I really want to do my park and my friend really wants to do the water park.....

Thanks

I'd say it's a coin toss. Monday should be the slowest day for either park.

Ok dumb advice time...!

Thanks

I'd say it's a coin toss. Monday should be the slowest day for either park.

That's what I imagined. It's my first visit ever and he has been since 2009 so it's going to be exciting regardless of our plan of attack.

Thanks!

I would just like to point out that for MONTHS we heard nothing but complaining about Tempesto. And now that it's open, I haven't heard any complaining about it at all. Isn't that strange?

^Tempesto was great. The only hinderance was capacity, but BGW is really deserted lately during the weeks, so I dont think that it is an issue anymore.

Ok dumb advice time...!

Thanks

Depends on the heat. We did WCUSA on a hot Sunday after a long week of rain and the place looked like World War Z. Choatic.

^Tempesto was great. The only hinderance was capacity, but BGW is really deserted lately during the weeks, so I dont think that it is an issue anymore.

Has it really been a issue? I mean, I really didn't hear that many people waiting in super long lines for it.

Edited by robbalvey

Has it really been a issue? I mean, I really didn't hear that many people waiting in super long lines for it.

It rarely exceeds 45 minutes. The ops on the ride are terrific.

And that's VERY reasonable for the park's "new ride" - one that many people claimed would have such low capacity that the line would be HOURS long!

And that's VERY reasonable for the park's "new ride" - one that many people claimed would have such low capacity that the line would be HOURS long!

My favorite complaint when it was being installed was how it was going to be "out of place" or "ruin the aesthetics of Apollo's Chariot" or some other made up complaint. When I went there in June and finally saw it looked absolutely fine. I actually think it makes the Festa Italia section looked better. It was nicely place inbetween two things like a booth or show at an actually festival.

I meant "issue" as in complaint. So yes, it has never been an issue.

I went over to the park today for a wee bit of coaster riding and to check out nay Howl-o-Scream prep that may be going on. I imagine that the HOS gears will kick into high following Labor Day, but here's a look at what I found.

01.jpg.64c2377a1450df905d6efcc4f3febd31.jpg

Oh, were they now?

01a.jpg.62cc237c1a77f2ae987cd7ea88c73fae.jpg

So far, the HOS prep isn't very intrusive.

02.jpg.c880744238696812d084f8286e5440d9.jpg

Spot the Dark Butterfly of Horror!

03.jpg.7467f3fc3b5a41c988776dd19c9023de.jpg

So far, crows have taken residence at Cutthroat Cove. No sign of any scalawags or n'er-do-wells yet.

04.jpg.d3816c1d4371909bf3f0e9dd36458bba.jpg

The new Lumberhacks maze is supposed to be in the woods behind Verbolten.

05.jpg.ba70ebb9d067a7bab33b1868b15776e3.jpg

Looks like something new has been built.

06.jpg.212c5f0ce8ca6a1c2dd8822ee5021d96.jpg

I assume this is for Lumberhacks (but I could be mistaken).

07.jpg.c80d448b5f914b80b18429c8abfd4820.jpg

I wonder if the old Drachen Fire barn is going to house at least some of Lumberhacks. There have been mazes there in the past.

08.jpg.e044665d9581d9375814de0f18f4939d.jpg

Bitten's Bloodsuckers have already started moving into the old Drachen Fire Station--or did they ever leave?

09.jpg.aac83bc6bc6d30f61b3612cc212e3493.jpg

Hmm--I think this is part of the new Cornered maze. Root of All Evil was here in the past.

10.jpg.0962f067ca49d8fcce7e12e30eaedd45.jpg

The Grim Reaper is waiting to be installed in front of the Catacombs in France. Dude looks a bit lonesome.

11.jpg.2ba95c45b7a64e5b89ecaa2a4f261455.jpg

But he has a few Hell Beasts to keep him company.

12.jpg.58320f0064637bfc7db59c68f5b3ce67.jpg

More Catacombs prep. I rather like this maze (good atmosphere) but it's been here a long time--only Bitten is older.

13.jpg.cd81b1a2e592a85b1ad6eed23bf00522.jpg

Looks like the German villagers are wasting no time getting ready for Vampire Point.

14.jpg.9f02d64f792dfa8d67ea1735f6161a7d.jpg

"Ven monsters is loose, boards must be tight."

15.thumb.jpg.39b340fea4611dfc46a169f57fcfe76d.jpg

It's always Howl-o-Scream at DarKastle.

16.jpg.6a5e57a34831e0f36ce47739ec47b9ee.jpg

A ghost from BGW's past that you can still ride in Mexico.

17.jpg.8c6326afcb601b61e138af887152f775.jpg

My guess is that after Bier Fest, this bar will morph into the Casket Club for HOS.

18.jpg.8ffb883c63de95c28d2c1193ebe517a9.jpg

For all you Drachen Fire fans out there. I'm not one of you, but I mean no disrespect.

19.thumb.jpg.6ee7ec5b4726b75982b9a40e2c09bd6f.jpg

I wonder what they've "Unearthed" so far?

20.jpg.2d380dfa73e54be0ed821fc7d73ea8a4.jpg

Looks like they found an ancient snack-cake wrapper.

21.jpg.d4c9ad9a275afacf9528339f050a46c5.jpg

And for all you Questor fans (this was the best ride they ever had in the Europe in the Air building).

22.jpg.4f38d56fb51d4560780fb3d5279f3459.jpg

May as well end with a coaster shot. Thanks for reading.

Is this park ever going to build a wooden coaster? Now that RMC has proved it can build a smooth and quiet wooden coaster, do you guys think it's possible that we may see a custom topper track RMC in 2017 or 2018? The parks landscape would be perfect for a terrain RMC in my opinion!

Great update, Chuck. I'm hoping to make it out to HOS this year.

Is this park ever going to build a wooden coaster? Now that RMC has proved it can build a smooth and quiet wooden coaster, do you guys think it's possible that we may see a custom topper track RMC in 2017 or 2018? The parks landscape would be perfect for a terrain RMC in my opinion!

I agree. I'd love to see an RMC at this park, it would fit perfectly with the park's line up.