TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

Maybe it's just me or the way video is set up with the audio but it seems like has some roar to it.

It does make quite a "roar."

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

The fact they they continued to do it and are continuing to do it.  Businesses don't continue unprofitable operations.  Then again, it is SEAS, so I guess anything is possible LOL.

Posted Images

Also, the OTSRs that everyone was worried about really don't seem that bad based on that video. They pretty much just look like seatbelts that will keep you upright.

People willing to ride normally might prefer the idea of not having them for the freedom, but they don't look bad. My bet is they are either there to make sure body dimensions are right for riding, or they're there to stop dumbasses from getting hurt while turning around or doing something else dumb.

Hey guys! - I'm planning a trip to Kings Dominion and BGW during the week of Sunday, August 23 through Friday, August 28 (Sun and Fri will be travel days). After doing a little research, it looks like kids in VA don't go back to school until after Labor day, on Tuesday, Sept 2, so I'm scheduled to go down the week prior.

Being that I'll be there the week before school starts, do you guys think both parks will be really busy? Has anyone been during this time frame before? Trying to decide if I should reschedule for after the kids are back in class.

Many thanks in advance!!

--Nathan

Since you'll be visiting on Sunday or a weekday, I don't think crowds will be a big issue. There's always Quick Queue (BGW) and Fast Lane (KD) if you need it.

Actually a lot of schools in VA start back August 24 or August 31 because Labor Day is so late this year (September 7). School systems in VA have to get a waiver from the Governor to start before Labor Day, its called the Kings Dominion Law. Some schools are starting back September 8.

Both KD and BGW close at 8:00pm Mon - Thurs of that week, so you won't get any night rides on Apollo's Chariot or I-305. The parks should not be that crowded during that week, but KD and BGW will likely not being running all the trains on the coasters either, so that can increase your wait times. I-305 likely will run a single train, Griffon and AC @ BGW will likely run two trains instead of three. Of the two, BGW will likely be more crowded than KD. Play it by ear, if lines get too outrageous you can always pony up for FL+ at KD or Quick Que @ BGW.

IF you wait until the all kids in VA are back in school, after Sept. 8, you are talking weekends only and the both parks can be fairly crowded then!

Just thinking about this more, is it possible that that is the point? That they are promoting the new roller coaster, but not making that big of a deal of it since it's really not that large of a ride that can handle that many people. In a sense, that's kind of genius... It's going to bring people to the park, but it's not going to overflow the parking lot, causing people to not enjoy themselves because the line is too long. We do have to remember that the last four roller coasters that went into this park where people eaters ...

The park has posted a brief video with the "Tempesto" character.

That is "ummmmmm" not very good!

It still beats their lame Mach Tower teaser video, which consisted of people looking up and pointing at something.

Just got a text saying that Tempesto soft opened an hour ago. Take that for what it's worth.

^ I think they could have made it bit more fun, if his moustache fell off at the last second.

Yes, they would've been better off just showing him from the back and in profile.

Tempesto is GREAT! Very intense and without a doubt the strongest airtime in the park. The airtime over the first hill in the front row is ridiculous. The line for each individual row moves rather slowly but I imagine the queue out of the station won't be horrible. The ops were hauling. The time it took for a train to come in and then be sent out again was less than a minute on most dispatches. I would definitely prefer the ride just have lapbars but the harnesses are not bad at all.

I'm just curious--are these new restrains attached to the lap bar from over-head? It still looks like the lap bar comes down normally, but do the "straps" attach separately? Is it a two-step process? Looks like a great ride, and seems to fit BGW fairly well.