TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

I was at the park for a few hours yesterday and caught a few Tempesto test runs. I remember some concerns about the color scheme of the train "matching" that of the track and supports, but I think they look good together (they don't "clash" at all). They did some more work on the entrance plaza, too--more signage and strings of lights (which give it a "circus stunt show" feel) and a test seat. All in all, it's shaping up nicely.

Edited by cfc
  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

^I saw the videos on TPR's facebook.

Also don't make the mistake of reading the comments.

Oh, I've been around for a while. I know the score.

Tempesto looks like a ton of fun. We'll absolutely be going down there to ride it this summer.

so are we. . and meant to be!. . it opens on my Bday.

tho we won't be there until mid June

Yep--looking forward to riding Tempesto. Should be a lot of fun (and you have to love the view up there).

^You can see some of it from Apollo's Chariot. There's a small entrance plaza with a flag pole and some planted areas. They've also strung some "old-fashioned" lights. The entrance looks like a wooden "half-pipe." They have an onride photo stand, too.

^You can see some of it from Apollo's Chariot. There's a small entrance plaza with a flag pole and some planted areas. They've also strung some "old-fashioned" lights. The entrance looks like a wooden "half-pipe." They have an onride photo stand, too.

Wonderful, it should look great when it is all done and ready to go. Can always count on Busch to never disappoint in that department.

I wonder if at any time in the process they considered looping Tempesto around AC? That would have been cool. Also I like where the entrance plaza is. I wouldn't have liked having the entrances of AC and Tempesto right next to each other. It is neat that the lines go by each other though.

Here is a POV.

[fbvideo]

[/fbvideo]

Anyone know how to embed this?

A POV was posted literally one page ago.

Whoops. Please excuse my ignorance.

Whaddaya mean "one night only"?

thumb_11011478_10206148010848386_2289047972635109456_n.jpg

The "Gerta recommends" bit is an amusing tie in to Verbolten.

Edited by cfc
this is probably going to be the best themed skyloop (at least that's what i think it is called) made.

I think Sky Scream's theming is much better.

^I think that's correct. They opened the ride and finished theming the queue later. Hansa Park did the same thing with Fulch von Novgorod.

Theming looks pretty nice to me- I love the nod to Verbolten.

I wonder if Tempesto will make an appearance at media day, as Gerta and Gunther did for Verbolten. Perhaps he could do a motorcycle jump through the loop!