TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

I'll be at Christmas Town the 6th and possibly 7th of December so hopefully I can get an update on the new coaster.

Speaking of Christmas Town, it'll be my first time back since their first year (2009), anything that I must check out while I'm there?

The whole park, with the odd exception of the Sesame Street Forest of Fun, is part of Christmas Town now. There is a new show, "Scrooge No More," in the Globe Theatre, and be sure to check out the "retro" decorations in Festa Italia (reminds me of Christmas time in the small town where I grew up). Food is very good--especially the steak or prime-rib sandwich at the Festhaus. The buffet at Santa's Fireside Feast in Ireland was good last year, too.

The only operating coaster will be Verbolten, but pretty much all the flats will be running. And, of course, there are penguins in France (but I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes or so for that).

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

^May depend on how cold it is.

The park operates as a lower capacity for Christmas Town, so it won't be as crowded as, say, a Saturday night during HOS; however, the park has hit capacity during CT weekends in the past.

That color scheme is "interesting." I wonder if they'll be making any other color changes in Festa Italia to match it.

Lol, no use hiding the new ride now. People can see it from Apollo's Chariot. I am mad at myself for visiting the park this summer before they built this. Also, I think the word filter should change Tempesto to PastaCoaster like how Fulll Throttle ((I spelled it wrong on purpose to make my point) turns to YOLOcoaster.

I must be the only one who likes the color scheme.

I think it's an interesting color scheme too. The orange supports are a bit out of the ordinary, but I actually like unusual color schemes for the most part. I don't understand why they haven't announced it yet. We all know it is coming, so they have nothing to hide by procrastinating on this announcement .

Well if it's going in the Italian part of the park then the color scheme should be annoying, just like Italians!

Joking aside, I actually like the colors, and I think the ride is a great addition to the park.

I think the color scheme is OK. Festa Italia is the most colorful area of the park, and I imagine there will be some more changes to help the new ride fit in.

I am trying to fit the color scheme with the whole pasta theme. I get the orange. I'm thinking a vodka sauce, mmmn. But the blue track has me stumped. Maybe smurf pasta ? Meatball colored cars maybe? This is going to be fun seeing how it all ends up. OK, Me be quiet now.

This will add some what capacity to the park, but imagine those four hour lines!

Is there any way Robb can set up an automatic word filter for Tempesto. I vote on changing it to "The Pasta Coaster".

Well, being as the name (much less the ride) hasn't been "confirmed" by the park yet, that may be jumping the gun.

Edited by cfc

^I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, as BGW tends to open new attractions in May, closer to Memorial Day weekend. But you never know.