TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

Corkscrew Hill was OK, but the best ride in that building was Questor.

I'd almost forgotten about Questor. That one was pretty awesome too. I'd be happy to see either one of them return.

^Well, it wasn't a bad idea to make a European version of Disney's Soarin', and they did upgrade the screens and projectors in the theatres. For me, I think the mistake was not going the extra mile and upgrading the ride system.

Plus, the segment in Paris, shot at street level, makes no sense.

I'm totally out of the loop on this. I thought Corkscrew Hill was a charming, well-done kids' ride. Why did it get replaced with a new mediocre attraction?

Also, why the f$@! would they build a Superman clone??? I thought Busch was supposed to be all about quality over quantity.

OMG U R SO OUT OF THE LOOP

^Well, it wasn't a bad idea to make a European version of Disney's Soarin', and they did upgrade the screens and projectors in the theatres. For me, I think the mistake was not going the extra mile and upgrading the ride system.

Plus, the segment in Paris, shot at street level, makes no sense.

I'm totally out of the loop on this. I thought Corkscrew Hill was a charming, well-done kids' ride. Why did it get replaced with a new mediocre attraction?

Also, why the f$@! would they build a Superman clone??? I thought Busch was supposed to be all about quality over quantity.

Who know, maybe a small intamin inverted impulse coaster could probably fit in the same rumored area

The way I see it, I don't care if its a clone. Its arguably the best ride at SFDK and here it is gonna be put in a park and it might not even break the top 3! That shows how good their current line up is and I'm sure that this will add to their already awesome collection. Only backwards coaster in the state. And knowing BGW, I bet they'll add some kick butt theming to it as well. I can understand the argument for it being too close to Apollo's Chariot. I get that. Is the capacity not good? Yes. But other than that, I don't understand the hate when a park is putting in a GOOD roller coaster. Could the park do better? Sure. But they haven't even announced the ride yet, so there is a high chance that the park still has something good up their sleeve for this ride. Possibly a dual loading station, or a new element added to the ride, perhaps? Lets not lose hope or immediately assume that this is going to be bad for the park!

There ya go. My motivational speech/Rant is over.

^I thought SFDK was going to have capacity issues with S:UF as well but I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised the 3 times I visited. The crew was dispatching trains about 30-45 seconds after the previous cycle ended.

^Still, each train only carries 12 riders and you have to wait a full cycle unless you have a dual station like the Mexican park is going to but even that won't have a great capacity.

Small fix for capacity, make it a duel loding station like Mr Freeze. If at all possible, increase seating on the cars and maybe even add another car. The ride looks so much fun even if it is a clone and im glad Busch chose this type of clone because of its uniqunesse. Its not a skyloop, its not a boomerang, its not an SLC, its an awesome Premier clone! I havent been on one but they look fun and i have heard positve things besides their capacity. Im excited and being optimistic

Everyone take a deep breath and try to remember that there has been no official announcement yet. For all we know they could throw us for a loop and as mentioned before could add a duel station or new element to the design. Or they could throw us a curveball and the announcement could be something totally different .

I totally take everything I said back, I thought we were talking about the B&M flyer S:UF. Hate that ride, hopefully you can imagine why I was so confused. I apologize for posting out of ignorance.

I've read good things about the SFDK version and would love the chance to ride it. I still think it's odd that Busch is building a clone, but at least it's a very compact ride, I can see why they'd pick it if they have a very narrow plot of land to fill. It's almost more like they're adding a flat ride than a coaster, to me anyway. That's why it's sort of ok that it's a clone.

I totally take everything I said back, I thought we were talking about the B&M flyer S:UF. Hate that ride, hopefully you can imagine why I was so confused. I apologize for posting out of ignorance.

Which one? All 3 of them? The one in Georgia is decent since it fits with the landscape.

Sorry to steer the thread off topic.

Which one? All 3 of them? The one in Georgia is decent since it fits with the landscape.

Sorry to steer the thread off topic.

Only been on the one at SFGAdv. Everytime we get to the pretzel loop I'm like "Oh yeah, this part is kind of neat", then we crawl through the rest of the course and I'm sitting on the break for what feels like an eternity, all my weight on my stomach/chest, and I think "Wow, this seriously, seriously wasn't worth it." I find it more uncomfortable/unpleasant than any SLC or stand-up.

But as for the ride Busch may actually be getting, that non-inverting loop looks pretty ridiculous. Again, can't wait to ride.

^I'm just the opposite: I hate the B&M flyer's pretzel loop, as it feels like an elephant is standing on my chest.

As for what BGW will be getting, most of what's been posted is conjecture. We'll see.

Edited by cfc

Oh man Questor! That was without question the best thing in that building. I don't think Europe in Air is the worst though, that honor definitely goes to "King Arthur's Challenge."

I actually made an on ride video of Questor when I was young and didn't know better. I wish I could upload it somewhere now that it's long gone, but there's no way Busch would be cool with that. Actually, I should really go dig that tape out. It has LOTS of long gone off-ride footage, like Drachen Fire, The Spider, Gladiator's Gauntlet, The Sea Dragon... I'll need to go look for that.

^ Oh awesome! I'll need to check into that. Once I find the tape, I'll likely upload as much to youtube as I can (it's a family home tape so some will need to be edited of course). I haven't found any footage of gladiator's gauntlet anywhere, and some of the shots of Drachen Fire I have are pretty rare too (I have night footage, which was cool since it had red trim lights on the trains and no lights on the track!) Also, I have Drachen Fire footage from 1992 when the role-backs were louder than Loch Ness, and I believe some of the footage is from in the queue. There's also some fun footage of thread needle fair too!

Now the real problem is going to be converting VHS to digital...

Oh man Questor! That was without question the best thing in that building. I don't think Europe in Air is the worst though, that honor definitely goes to "King Arthur's Challenge."

I'll go along with that.

So today was my first day here. Let's say it was packed but the lines couldn't be any worse. Averaged thirty min. So these are my experiences.

Alpengeists was great. Not rough at all. Must've been because I braced through the cobra roll though. Loved it

The park was clean employees were friendly. Very SDC ish.

Very nice theming. Especially on escape from Pompeii.

So many know me as a massive fan of outlaw run. No it's not my number one coaster now. Matter of fact it's my third.

Appolos chariot blew my mind! It was amazing. Never felt as much airtime ever. It's so relentless but I did find the drop a little rattley. Verboten was fun. The launches were cool and the drop thingy was awesome.

Hey does AC give good night rides because it would seem like it would. I absolutely love the ride!!!

Edited by Jaykethekid