TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 457: Pantheon Roller Coaster POV!

Hey I am gonna be there too I have the exact same question. Plus can we just up out stuff in the station while we ride rides or do we put them in metal boxes that lock.

It keeps changing what I'm trying to say to the gooey bunny thing

Hey I am gonna be there too I have the exact same question. Plus can we just up out stuff in the station while we ride rides or do we put them in metal boxes that lock.

I could be completely wrong, but I don't remember any sort of mandatory metal-locking-box policy in place

As for crowds, you might have seen my post up there. I was there for two half-days in the middle of the week in July (one evening and one morning). I would guess that the worst of the crowds will descend at midday, judging from my visit, but I understand that my visit might have been a once-in-a-lifetime dead period. Of course, it's summer, so I'm sure you can factor that in there.

Bags have to be left in a locker or with a non-rider for all the coasters. I believe you can take your stuff with you on the water rides at your own risk. DarKastle and all the flats allow bags.

Weekday crowds during hot season tend to be pretty slow. You won't have to worry about lines much. Just keep an eye on the weather as that usually determines crowds.

Felt like forever since I'd been to Busch Gardens (though I had a good reason) so I took a quick trip over tonight.

WHile I had been on the puzzled side with the whole America thing...

IMG_5636.thumb.JPG.69b94db163a97ca5b0f38106acd695a1.JPG

The Statue of Liberty: Truly, DaVinci's finest masterpiece

but I've decided that, you know what, this festival rules!!!!!

IMG_5633.thumb.JPG.3c22a5abb471c7b8bb6c90fe90571ee2.JPG

(Not technically part of the festival, but still greatly affected my opinion of it)

It was so friggin hot out, Roman Rapids still had a line at 8:30 PM. Of course it doesn't help that they use the turntable to load rafts one at a time. Has it always been like that? I miss the Scandi rapids rides....

Still, my biggest hope for Busch Gardens this year was to get the Bacon Pretzel Fury, and they still need a name for it but it is here

I was pretty puzzled as to why Lady Liberty was in Italy, too. As for the Roman Rapids operations, yeah they've been doing that for years. DarKastle was fairly busy, with no stopping for the preshow.

Edited by cfc

About the clone, I think it'll be called diablo or something.

Also, I may be able to go to either BGW or SFA in August. Kings Dominion is my home park, so I go there quite often. However, I have not been to SFA but have been to BGW but only been able to ride Loch Ness Monster, Verbolten, and Pompeii. Is BGW still worth it, or should I go to get some new credits at SFA?

Side note: if I do decide to go to BGW, should I do a roller coaster insider tour?

^^^ Busch Garden's Williamsburg is easily one of the most pleasurable parks I have ever been too and sits atop my favorite parks list along with Hershey Park and IOA. They have 3 world class B&M's with Alpie, Apollo's Chariot and Griffon. A classic Arrow looper with Nessie and Verbolten which I haven't ridden, but have heard only good things.

Is BGW still worth it, or should I go to get some new credits at SFA?

Er, you're kidding, right?

Side note: if I do decide to go to BGW, should I do a roller coaster insider tour?

The tour is worth it.

Is BGW still worth it, or should I go to get some new credits at SFA?

Er, you're kidding, right?

The tour is worth it.

Thanks for the help. I read about clean up attempts at SFA, but all in all BGW is much cleaner. I was (sort of) kidding with the credits at SFA. It is almost as close to me as BGW, so I figured, why not look into it. Also, from what I remember the service everywhere was good at Busch Gardens.

So i went to Busch last week and i have to say it was a perfect day. No lines for anything. The one thing that bothered me was Europe int the Air. I have never been on it and just went on it to see how bad it really was. It was Horrendous! Worst simuator ever and i even got motion sickness (which never happens)! So here is what im leading up to, why did Busch replace a great ride with this crap? Couldnt they have improved what they had rather than create something new? I never got to ride Corkscrew Hill but ive seen videos and it looked wonderful. The annimation wasnt there but they could have overhauled it like Spiderman. I guess it bothers me to see a great theme park take out a great ride and replace with something not up to par. Lastly, would it be possible to bring back the old movie or is it gone forever?

So i went to Busch last week and i have to say it was a perfect day. No lines for anything. The one thing that bothered me was Europe int the Air. I have never been on it and just went on it to see how bad it really was. It was Horrendous! Worst simuator ever and i even got motion sickness (which never happens)! So here is what im leading up to, why did Busch replace a great ride with this crap? Couldnt they have improved what they had rather than create something new? I never got to ride Corkscrew Hill but ive seen videos and it looked wonderful. The annimation wasnt there but they could have overhauled it like Spiderman. I guess it bothers me to see a great theme park take out a great ride and replace with something not up to par. Lastly, would it be possible to bring back the old movie or is it gone forever?

Couldn't agree more. Corkscrew Hill was my favorite of the old simulator rides by far, and I miss it every time I'm at BGW. Europe in the Air is one of the most pointless rides at any part...a sad, half-assed attempt to clone Soarin' that's just not anywhere near Busch Gardens quality. Bring back Corkscrew Hill...please? =<

I rode Europe in the Air for the first time last Tuesday, and I thought it was crap... Probably the most awkward simulator ride I've ever experienced. The rest of the park has such a higher quality that I don't understand how something like this got the green light.

Edited by BrianGC

^Well, it wasn't a bad idea to make a European version of Disney's Soarin', and they did upgrade the screens and projectors in the theatres. For me, I think the mistake was not going the extra mile and upgrading the ride system.

Plus, the segment in Paris, shot at street level, makes no sense.

^Well, it wasn't a bad idea to make a European version of Disney's Soarin', and they did upgrade the screens and projectors in the theatres. For me, I think the mistake was not going the extra mile and upgrading the ride system.

When put that way, it does sound pleasunt, but the theming isnt really an airport and an upgraded simualtor would have helped this. If im not mistaken, when this was added, Busch was having finacial issues so they couldnt work with much. If they were to redo this i feel it could work, but they would have to improve all of it possibly and make a new building and ride system similar to soarin just to make the ride decent. Plus then they could make it more of an airport feel rather than a castle dungeon. Obviously they wouldnt redo it but they should do something just to make it somewhat enjoyable. Although as ive already said before, why not bring back Corkscrew Hill and just overhaul it?

I'm totally out of the loop on this. I thought Corkscrew Hill was a charming, well-done kids' ride. Why did it get replaced with a new mediocre attraction?

Also, why the f$@! would they build a Superman clone??? I thought Busch was supposed to be all about quality over quantity.

Disney's Soarin' is bad enough, let alone a spinoff of it... That sounds interesting lol

I find Soarin' to be a nice, relaxing attraction--but I hate the lines for it.

Corkscrew Hill was OK, but the best ride in that building was Questor.